The Resident Bitch's New Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Se7en
(David Fincher, 1995)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - 41, 2013 - 33
This is one of my all-time favorites. Younger Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, morgan freeman...and so much atmosphere.

Really like Blood Diamond but only saw it once at the theater. Still haven't seen The Cell. Is Return To Paradise the one where Heche gets arrested for drugs?
She doesn't get arrested, Joaquin Phoenix's character does and gets charged as a dealer, which means execution, unless his friends come back and claim their share of the responsibility. Anne Heche plays Phoenix's sister, who is trying to save him but who ends up falling for Vaughn's character.

She doesn't get arrested, Joaquin Phoenix's character does and gets charged as a dealer, which means execution, unless his friends come back and claim their share of the responsibility. Anne Heche plays Phoenix's sister, who is trying to save him but who ends up falling for Vaughn's character.
I saw that. Obviously it has been years since I didn't even remember who gets arrested. There was another movie with a similar plot around the same time. Maybe with Clair Danes?

I saw that. Obviously it has been years since I didn't even remember who gets arrested. There was another movie with a similar plot around the same time. Maybe with Clair Danes?

Brokedown Palace.

I'm not sure what that one would be. I didn't see Return to Paradise until several years after its release, when I was first exploring Phoenix's work.

MV I take it your a fan of Russell Crowe? If so have you seen him in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)

Captain Steel told me about that film, I was impressed with it and with Russell Crowe's performance. Check out if you haven't seen it.

MV I take it your a fan of Russell Crowe? If so have you seen him in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003)

Captain Steel told me about that film, I was impressed with it and with Russell Crowe's performance. Check out if you haven't seen it.
Yeah, Crowe's probably my third favorite actor. He was #1 at one point. Looking at his IMDb page, the only movie I haven't seen (and don't own on one format or another) is The Efficiency Expert.

I saw Master and Commander in the theater and have rewatched it a few times. I remember enjoying it but I haven't watched it in a long time.

True Romance
(Tony Scott, 1993)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 31

Though directed by Tony Scott, this is a Quentin Tarantino movie to the core, with cool ass characters, fantastic dialogue, a great story, and no shortage of violence. Christian Slater's pretty hot in this one too. So's Patricia Arquette.

The Wolf of Wall Street
(Martin Scorsese, 2013)
Previous Rankings: NEW TO THE LIST

Leonardo DiCaprio really stretched his acting muscles and proved he could do physical comedy with this stunning performance that, IMO, was far more Oscar worthy than the one that finally got him his coveted statue (though McConaughey definitely earned the win that year). Jonah Hill was excellent too.

I don't think Patricia Arquette has ever looked better than in True Romance.

I've still not seen Blood Diamond or The Cell despite having both.

True Romance was slightly disappointing for me. It was entertaining i was just expecting more from what i'd heard. Wolf of Wall Street went down a bit on a second watch for me but i still think it was very good. Haven't seen any of the others. Well i saw about 20 minutes of Blood Diamond once but it was about halfway through when i started watching it and i didn't really know what was going on so i turned it off; looked pretty good.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Blood Diamond I thought was very good. Not seen The Cell yet but as you know I am planning on watching it soon for you. I did quite like Wolf of Wall Street but don't think it would ever be one I'll be a big fan of. True Romance however does have a chance of becoming a bit of a favourite of mine I think. Loved it the first time I saw it and while it slipped a little on a repeat viewing it was still within touch of being a top 100 film for me. Will wait and see how it does on a third viewing

I don't think Patricia Arquette has ever looked better than in True Romance.
Absolutely with you on this. It's pretty rare for me to be attracted to any blonde women actually but good God is Arquette sexy in that film!

Inventing the Abbotts
(Pat O'Conner, 1997)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 53

Although the premise of the movie - about a pair of brothers "from the wrong side of the tracks" who court (or just bed, in the case of the older brother) three wealthy sisters - isn't original, it still plays with a sense of authenticity and sweetness, owed in large part to a solid cast including Joaquin Phoenix, Billy Crudup, and Jennifer Connelly.

Walk the Line
(James Mangold, 2005)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 35

So in case anybody didn't know, I love Joaquin Phoenix. This is among his strongest performances and his considerable skill and dedication is on full display in this Golden Globe winning performance.

Demolition Man
(Macro Brambilla, 1993)
Previous Rankings: 2010 - N/A, 2013 - 85

So this is not exactly top-notch movie making in the traditional sense - it's completely over the top and ridiculous and with a cast that includes Sylvester Stallone and Rob Schneider the acting is not exactly Oscar worthy - but it is top-notch entertainment.