Avatars - Are you tied to yours?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
As many know, I used a John McClane avatar for the longest time here. Now I just jump around from character to character that I find appealing. However, I do always return to McClane for Christmas.

"Ho ho ho. Now I have a machine gun."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I try to keep one avatar as long as I can before I feel the need for a change.

I wonder if anyone can tell it's me by the new avatar before seeing the name, or if they need to check out who it is.

Suspect's Reviews

Mine will never change.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I am half agony, half hope.
I like to mix it up, so I change my avatar often. To whatever tickles my fancy at the time, or fits in with a holiday. I usually pick something with color.

Johann von Goethe

Sorry about your kitty, Mark.

Yep, Toose, especially the clothing. I love black clothes.
p.s. Very nice thread idea.

Powdered Wawa, I may actually have some weird record for changing mine . . . way too much!
I like how you do your's. Very random, but what you like. You were excited for Lost to begin, so you used it. Now it's the Oscars. I also like how you relate your user-title to it. The important part of my user-title is the three hearts. Three children, three hearts.

I remember when we finally realized that that thing had too many fingers.

Usual, I do believe I have to look, to know that it's you. With some people, it's easier to tell, because of the things that they favor. I don't think I've picked up on anything with you yet. Like with Mrs. Darcy, she usually has a pretty, colorful lady avatar. Poorly worded, but you know what I mean. You've seen them.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I used to change mine with a lot more frequency than I do now (I'm not lazy, I'm just more contented! ) and the underlying theme is usually one of a fellow countryman who has taken the time to compliment me on The Tatty 100, often from beyond the grave.

Most of the time the avatar and sig match because I'm a 'collar and cuffs' kinda guy...

There's no great method behind it.

I still can't believe how long it took people to realize she had an extra finger, that still makes me laugh.

My avvys used to be Michael Myers themed, then moved to eyes of some sort, but there have been a lot of intermittent ones with no particular theme at all, I just thought they looked cool. sometimes an avatar is just a mood ring.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Hmmm that one has a little deco twist huh? I like this one best
Thanks, Toose! It is a little deco/FL Wright. I used a similar motif in a painting I did more recently.

Thanks, Toose! It is a little deco/FL Wright. I used a similar motif in a painting I did more recently.
Painting? Show!

PS, have you seen Ennis House 'in the flesh' as it were? I bet so.

I'm so jealous. I was in LA 2 summers ago and didn't get over there.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Painting? Show!

PS, have you seen Ennis House 'in the flesh' as it were? I bet so.

I'm so jealous. I was in LA 2 summers ago and didn't get over there.

The big one on the wall above the TV is mine. The little one by the door is by Island Fish (it's a two for one photo).

I did not get to Ennis House, unfortunately. And I move to Phoenix in September, so I may not get to see it. I have seen the AZ Biltmore though (also by our boy), and plan to hit Taliesin as soon as I get a j.o.b.

The big one on the wall above the TV is mine. The little one by the door is by Island Fish (it's a two for one photo).

I did not get to Ennis House, unfortunately. And I move to Phoenix in September, so I may not get to see it. I have seen the AZ Biltmore though (also by our boy), and plan to hit Taliesin as soon as I get a j.o.b.
I like it! It's sort of Mondrian-ish but the colors are subdued (and quite attractive). What did you have in mind when you painted it?

Fishy huh? Wow, haven't spoken to her in years. We used to mail back and forth quite a bit. You still talk to her?

Ah well, I haven't seen any of our boys' work (not sure if I got that apostrophe right). My mom saw Falling Water and sent me a great picture book. Just made me want to go on a tour. J.O.B. 's suck in the way that they're really necessary but never seem to leave you enough cash to pay the bills and do what you want to do.

OK, that may just be the greatest avatar this site has ever seen.
Mr. Nator told me the exact same thing.

So yeah, why don't you have one yet? You've been here quite awhile now.

Sir Toose, I'mna move this discussion to the Mofo Art Gallery so we don't derail the avatar discussion.
move it? you a mod now Sammy?

ah, that makes more sense. silly me, getting ahead of myself.

Mine change with moods, life changes, or with new movies that I see and like (such as my new one with Patton). I don't have any copies of the old ones...