Anyone recognize this? Help ST with a movie title.

Tools    

There was a movie in the early to mid 70's, may have been a made for TV movie about a coven of witches. The main part of it that gave me nightmares was toward the end of the film some people chased down a girl who they thought was a witch. They lifted up her dress to expose a leg and it looked withered like tree bark. I also remember a scene where they were crushing someone with rocks but that could have been any number of movies. The leg thing I believe is the real defining scene.

I've been looking for years and think it might be Crowhaven Farm but can't find a copy to watch to verify.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I watched Crowhaven Farm when it first aired, but I don't remember that specific scene. Was the girl a blonde?

My first thought when I read your post was Crowhaven Farm. I don't remember the 'leg' scene but the other scene you described is in the film. I found a site with a detailed description of the movie and some pictures, it might help jog your memory.

http://www.brainsonfilm.com/crow.html

My life isn't written very well.
I sorta remember a movie like that...sorry no title comes to mind, but, I do remember a part--if in fact it's the same movie, where a little girl has a pet bird (black bird) and some kids (I think) throw rocks at it and kill it right in front of her.
This is absolutely no help is it. Sorry.
well anyway good luck Toothy!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Hey r3port3r66, the stoning of the bird is from the movie "A Girl Named Sooner". I'm pretty sure it wasn't in Crowhaven Farm.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073047/

Aha! Thanks quinnf!

Also Sir Toose: here's an interesting site that describes some of the 70's most remarkable TV movies.
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Classic-TV-M...-80-s-32439196

I watched Crowhaven Farm when it first aired, but I don't remember that specific scene. Was the girl a blonde?
I remember her being mousy versus blonde. But it's been literally years.

Off topic, the 70's TV flick that scared me most was Gargoyles with Bernie Casey. I just knew those gargoyles lived in the woods behind my house.

HA HA Toose...Gargoyles scared you. Nice!
But listen, I think I'm getting 70's TV movies confused with theatrical releases: were these movies that scared me, TV movies or motion pictures? It'll be fun if you guess or remember rather than look it up on the web. Honestly, I can't remember. However, I did watch them on TV.

Frogs
Food of the Gods
SSSSSS...
Burnt Offerings

Any new takers on this one?

It's not:
Crowhaven Farm
Burnt Offerings
Deadly Blessing

I've acquired DVDs of all of those since my last post here.

Loner?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Any new takers on this one?

It's not:
Crowhaven Farm
Burnt Offerings
Deadly Blessing

I've acquired DVDs of all of those since my last post here.

Loner?
Sorry, the only thing I can think of is The Lottery.

... and TEN years later I found the d@mn thing.

The Blood on Satan's Claw

I joined a group on FB called "Folk Horror Revival" and there it was.

Moral of the story:
"Never lose hope"

ST

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I never saw it but I remember my brother telling me the most terrifying film he ever saw was called Michelle Remembers, about a girl and a coven. I've never found it.

Oops, we posted at the same time