Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bravura performance from Antonio Banderas. He has gotten much less lightweight as he grows older. Best thing he’s done IMO.

Booksmart (2019) - 7.2/10. This one blew me away. It was very good. I thought it was just another over-hyped comedy from last year. But I was so wrong. Reminded me of Love Simon from the year before. That is a wee bit better than this because of the background score. But Booksmart's not bad either. And Booksmart has a song from FIFA (2015 I think), so that is a win! The casting, the acting, the direction, everything was awesome. Good stuff.

Re-watch of a very powerful movie. Farrah Fawcett in a bravura performance that she first performed on stage. Still holds up.

The Moth Diaries (2011)

Continuing my short break from Westerns, I explored another of Sarah Bolger's movies.

Zotis, I enjoy reading your reviews. I'm wondering if you'd consider inserting paragraph breaks? They'd be much easier to read, IMO.

~Doc

Zotis, I enjoy reading your reviews. I'm wondering if you'd consider inserting paragraph breaks? They'd be much easier to read, IMO.

~Doc
I always consider paragraph breaks. I just don't always do them. But, thank you for the nice compliment.

Emelie (2015)

Another of Sarah Bolger's movies, Emelie was a little better than I was expecting. It was a fairly superficial entertaining thriller, but it showed a little creativity and avoided being too cliche. The child actors were surprisingly good, and Sarah Bolger delivered a solid performance with more believable acting than she usually has. Her acting felt more natural to her than roles where she tried to play a sympathetic victim. The way that she tormented the children was more subtle and believable than other movies that have done a similar theme. I could actually relate to the kind of manipulation and bullying that I experienced growing up with my own siblings. Like when our parents weren't home, and some things would happen in a Lord of the Flies sort of way. Overall it was a fairly decent and entertaining movie.

The Wrong Missy - 2020

Phew. Spade has to stop making movies. They are unbearable now. He has found his lane as a late night dude. His show is refreshing from the other late night dudes because it's actually watchable/funny and not a Trump bash fest/liberal propaganda show. He is really smooth as host too. I really like Spade but starring in movies ain't it anymore.

The premise actually isn't bad. But most the jokes land flat and the chick is trying but is just way too over the top. I'd avoid this unless you are a Spade groupie. I couldn't even finish it on my couch at home on Netflix.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

THE LIGHTHOUSE
(2019)

Rubbish
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Rocky: Walks up to opponent without any guard. Gets punched in the face a bunch of times. Returns to corner. "That guy's really good." What a retarded movie.

Rocky: Walks up to opponent without any guard. Gets punched in the face a bunch of times. Returns to corner. "That guy's really good." What a retarded movie.
I think you might be looking for different things in these movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Rocky is rubbish, says the guy with a Red Sparrow avatar. JLaw gets brutalised again and again as part of being a sex spy. A bunch of double-crosses presumably justify that. Cronenberg-wannabe tedium that makes you wish you were watching Atomic Blonde - and I say that as someone who thought Atomic Blonde was also boring.

I struggle to tell if you're joking with half of your posts Zotis, if you're not then your attitude is poor. So condescending and pretentious, like some high school student who thinks he's superior to everyone because he's started watching arthouse films. I think it's a common tendency for a lot of people actually when they start branching it into different types of work that they see anything unordinary or stylish as good, and anything conventional as bad. I think I was slightly similar but hopefully not half as rude about it. I liked The Lighthouse but can understand why people might dislike it and that's a valid opinion. I like Rocky well enough too.

Rocky is rubbish, says the guy with a Red Sparrow avatar. JLaw gets brutalised again and again as part of being a sex spy. A bunch of double-crosses presumably justify that. Cronenberg-wannabe tedium that makes you wish you were watching Atomic Blonde - and I say that as someone who thought Atomic Blonde was also boring.
Red Sparrow isn't a great movie, but it's better than Rocky. Unlike Sylvester Stallone, Jennifer Lawrence can actually act. The sexual content was something I actually disliked about Red Sparrow.

I struggle to tell if you're joking with half of your posts Zotis, if you're not then your attitude is poor.
I'm half-joking. I like to play on the condescension and arrogance. I think if a person is legit then they won't get offended.