The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I've only seen 3 of the 1 pointers not counting my own.

Beyond the Sea (2004)
Frida (2002)
National Treasure (2004)

I bet Beyond the Sea was @gbgoodies #25 movie. Good movie and I almost included it on my list.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Interesting. None of mine are in the one-pointers this time, which means at least one other person voted for my #25, just like the foreign language countdown.

The trick is not minding
Spider Man 3? Blade 2? Jason x? National Treasure?
*blinks in amusement*

Well then….Lust, Caution was my 1 pointer, and I wasn’t sure if it would have been. It’s an erotic spy thriller, directed by Ange Lee.

……I swear Mr Minio didn’t hijack my profile….stop looking at me like that.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
No one pointer for me, but I will say Bucket List was on my final 38 I considered and in reality it is probably in my 25, but I left it off cause I figured it wouldn't get the votes and I was right, so kudos to whoever voted for it.

National Treasure is great fun and kudos to whoever did that too.

Remember the Titans as a one pointer is a shame. Real good.

I've seen a handful of these movies:
  • An American Crime (2007)
  • Anger Management (2003)
  • The Bucket List (2007)
  • My Dinner with Jimi (2003)
  • Surf's Up (2007)

I can't stand Adam Sandler so Anger Management is not my cup of tea. An American Crime and The Bucket List are pretty good. I know I watched My Dinner with Jimi for the Hall of Fame, but don't remember what I thought of it offhand. And, of course, I love Surf's Up.

Who voted for Bon Cop bad Cop? haha

I have another fellow québécois here?

I've seen 12 of the one pointers, although mine didn't make the list. Bon Cop Bad Cop is my favourite of the one pointers I have seen. Great film. Atonement is excellent too. Jason X is a lot of fun.

Wow Wet Hot American Summer is a one-pointer. I was expecting it to make the list. I loved the hell outta it but only saw it once and it was a while ago so it didn’t make my list either obviously.

My one-pointer isn’t on that list. >.> <.<

[*] 49 Up (2005)[*] Atonement (2007)[*] A Bittersweet Life (2005)[*] Blade II (2002)[*] Bon Cop Bad Cop (2006)[*] Brand Upon the Brain! (2006)[*] The Cat Returns (2002)[*] Lust, Caution (2007)[*] The Salton Sea (2002)[*] Surf's Up (2007)[*] Swimming Pool (2003)
Seen these. I would say that Atonement, Salton Sea, and Brand Upon the Brain are great.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I've seen 35/38. The only ones I haven't are Bon Cop Bad Cop, Funky Forest: The First Contact and Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. My #25 didn't make the one-pointers.

The trick is not minding
I've seen 35/38. The only ones I haven't are Bon Cop Bad Cop, Funky Forest: The First Contact and Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. My #25 didn't make the one-pointers.
I was waiting to see how many you had watched.

Someone stole my "one pointer", so it didn't make it *raises fist in the air*

As for the ones that made it, I've seen 8. Whoever voted for Kung Pow deserves all my praise. I wouldn't have had any problems putting it on my list. It still stands as one of the most hilarious theater-going experiences I've ever had.

Welcome to the human race...
Ah, the one-pointer. Always one of the finer gambles on this site because you're effectively competing blindly with everyone else to be the one person to vote a particular film onto the list. After some deliberation, I chose Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected - it definitely feels like someone else had the same bright idea as I did (pretty sure that happened when I tried the same thing with It's Such A Beautiful Day on the all-timer list). Be that as it may, it's not hard to see why it deserves to get singled out in this particular manner as its absurd little parody of educational cartoons crystallises a particular brand of turn-of-the-millennium humour so well that I guess I shouldn't be surprised other people would vote for it. Maybe I should have gone with Miami Vice after all.

The trick is not minding
I almost had Miami Vice as my 1 pointer, but it didn’t survive the final round.
Joke if you must, but it’s actually a solid action film