The making of a favorite movies list, how do you make yours?

Tools    

I just did a favourite films list for the first time in years a few months back. I mostly just rank them by going with my gut for better or worse, not having a required amount of films for it and not taking it too seriously since I can change it whenever. Helps that I also keep a big, big list of every 8/10 and up I've seen just as a resource.
Yea I agree that's what I do when making these favorite lists from each movie decades, go with what your gut tells yea, which movies belongs on the list and which ones don't belong on there and consider it more of a honorable mention instead.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Wanted to bump thread to get more opinions on how others make their list, you know what I find hard about making favorite movies list is putting a genre film against another genre film

Step 1. I think of the same films that I always list. My memory is poor, so the list is short.

Step 2. I then look at the lists other people have posted and copy the films that I forgot about and a few snobby films to make me look smarter than I am.

Step. 3 I then look at a random listicle piece from a clickhole website to help cover my plagiarism.

Step 4. I then throw in a controversial pick in a desperate plea for attention.

Step 5. Profit $$$$$$

I think of the audience that I want to watch them.

Then I take away reason and accountability.

This person gets it.

As long as you absolutely do not have an exit strategy like naming a #1 film, everything else is pretty easy.

Good topic, my answer is:I just do it.
But my methodology would be different for a personal favorite movie list vs the list I'm working on for the Comedy Countdown.

Good topic, my answer is:I just do it.
But my methodology would be different for a personal favorite movie list vs the list I'm working on for the Comedy Countdown.
You should make a 100 favorite movies list someday. I would love to see it, even if it's infested with all them old classic movies

I follow up their reviews then add them in my watchlist.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I make a spreadsheet of everything I've seen. Have several categories I rate them - writing, acting, cinematography, rewatchability, etc. Use a simple formula to add them up and sort by score. In the case of ties, I choose my more preferred.

I have a lot of free time. But I enjoy it.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Do you rank them or put them in no particular order?

For those that rank them, how do you rank the movies like what makes you makes you decide on what #1 and the rest of the movies are?

(I just thought to make this thread to help those that struggle with making a list of top favorite movies since there's no thread about it yet.)
I sort them by tiers. Say I'm making a top 100, I'd gather the group of movies and then divide them into four groups, then I break down each group. Hope this helps.