2023 MoFo Fantasy Baseball: Season and Trades

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Tried to grab Ashcraft earlier today by putting Wright on the IL but it wouldn't let me do the transaction for some reason. I'm assuming maybe it takes a day for Wright to transfer to the IL?

Tried to grab Ashcraft earlier today by putting Wright on the IL but it wouldn't let me do the transaction for some reason. I'm assuming maybe it takes a day for Wright to transfer to the IL?
You need to actually transfer him to an IL slot, the way you'd transfer someone between positions.

You need to actually transfer him to an IL slot, the way you'd transfer someone between positions.
I did but I was actually right. When I did it it does not update it until tomorrow, which seems a little silly IMO.

Hmm. Certainly doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I've been able to add people to the IL the same day they went on. Were you definitely on the current day when you tried to update the lineup? If so, what happened? It accepted it, but when you refresh the page he's jumped back to his old spot?

Hmm. Certainly doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I've been able to add people to the IL the same day they went on. Were you definitely on the current day when you tried to update the lineup? If so, what happened? It accepted it, but when you refresh the page he's jumped back to his old spot?
Now you are right . I didn't realize the app was on Thursday already, which was pretty stupid. Actually the app as a whole is pretty frustrating, especially in my fantasy basketball league where it doesn't even show max games played on the app.

Yoda, I don't understand how you can keep this monster on your team.

I am so ready.

Anyone think one of our team is the favorite to win this year? Yes picking yourself is allowed.
I don't know, but I'll share my thoughts on my own roster lol

I like my SP depth a lot. Even with some (hopefully minor) setbacks with Rodon, Musgrove, and Grayson, I'm optimistic that I've accrued a lot of pitching depth to work with. Rodon's my number 1 guy, but I think per inning, Spencer Strider might be the second best starter in baseball this year (after deGrom). Snell, Lodolo, Wheeler, and Heaney rounding out the rotation.

Offensively, it hurt a bit to trade off Reynolds for Wheeler, but I thought it made sense after the Rodon injury. Hoping for Acuna and Tatis to be the anchors, Bregman and Nimmo to give me solid counting stats, have some bounceback candidates in Kris Bryant and Anthony Rendon, and some good upside guys with Yoshida, Volpe, and Colas (the last two I grabbed today lol).

I normally try to build teams the opposite way and go for more sure-fire hitters, and try to find good starting depth during the season, but I haven't finished in the top 3 in a while, so it was time for a strategic shake-up!

A system of cells interlinked
I thought my team was a contender until nobody else mentioned them :/
Your team looks good - just don't expect another career year from Goldy this season.

I think nobody mentioned anybody, really?

I like my team okay. It's not quite what I was hoping to build going into the draft. You never get who you want or expect, but I was a little surprised at how none of my targets were available, round after round. I ended up with perfectly good players, some at very good value, but quite a few I wasn't particularly targeting in that range.

That said, there's a good foundation there, lot of offensive depth, more than I would've guessed given the level of SPs I ended up with. Excellent chance I end up with way too many startable OFs, which is an annual tradition, but it's always been a good problem to have. I've also got three different high-ceiling 3Bs.

It'll take a lot of work, like it always does, but assuming an historically average amount of quality off the wire I should be in the mix.

It's weird looking at other teams. I often do and for the most part I've found I am a terrible judge of who's gonna be good or not. Especially if I kinda like my team. Which this year I do. I know what I'm trying to build but putting myself in another managers head is tough. Except for maybe Yoda. I've spent a lot of time analyzing his style and have tried for years to steal as many of his tactics as best I can.
So, I got just about every single guy I hoped to grab including pitchers during the draft. I stuck to my plan and didn't even consider taking a starter until late in the draft. I ended up with 2 guys that may be Cy Young contenders when it's all said and done in Ray and Singer. And that's not me saying that.
I am totally fine with churning thru pitchers if I have to but we'll see. Some of these guys will have a pretty short leash. I already cut Severino and Berrios is on that list too. Honestly, I've been playing this long enough now to know that there is almost no reason to wait on a guy to perform when you can just as easily stream a guy and get better results. Unless you spent a really high pick for a supposed Ace like I did last season, twice... Which is why I vowed to never do that again. The way baseball is going I'm pretty convinced there won't even be traditional starters for much longer. So the very small handful of "must draft" starters is gonna get smaller every season until its all guys that occasionally go 5 innings. I may be wrong but that's the trend I see.

Anyway... good luck everyone! And I hope all your teams suck this year and pose little to no threat whatsoever to me in my quest for my fifth title. And I think I mean that. Smiley face!

Yeah, I always feel like saying "I like my team" is meaningless. I like my team 90% of the time. Why wouldn't I? I just drafted them, and very little has changed since then. Ask me a couple of months into the season.

So, I got just about every single guy I hoped to grab including pitchers during the draft.

How dare you?

My best advice is to watch the guys in the league who have multiple golds, then try to analyze how they balance their team and also try to understand their approach to management. Also, because I was so bad at it for years...don't give up on guys too early if they are struggling. It's a long season, and if the talent and numbers long term are there, they will probably pull out of their nosedive sooner rather than later. Sadly, I have dumped too many good players to the wire, only to see PW or Mark scoop them, after which they started producing.

Rock and roll. Three pitchers going today, I should be able to cement down last place pretty early.
Right there with you. Ready to watch my "aces" get rocked today. SPs are always a stress factory for me during the first month of play.

The reality hit me today. I thought I had already accepted it, but now I feel it. I don't have a Ray on my roster.

Any fantasy roster worthy Rays out there willing to be traded, I'm open to talks. No I'm not gonna go full-homer in trade value. Never go full-homer.

The reality hit me today. I thought I had already accepted it, but now I feel it. I don't have a Ray on my roster.

Any fantasy roster worthy Rays out there willing to be traded, I'm open to talks. No I'm not gonna go full-homer in trade value. Never go full-homer.
I think there at least a couple of sleeper Rays still on the wire to stash, yes?

2023 MLB Predictions
AL East - Jays
AL Central - Guardians
AL West - Astros
WC1 - Yanks
WC2 - M's
WC3 - Orioles!

NL East - Mets
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Padres!
WC1 - Braves
WC2 - Dodgers
WC3 - DBacks!

ALCS - Astros over Jays
NLCS - Padres over Mets

WS - Padres over Astros

AL MVP - Shohei Ohtani
AL CY - Jacob deGrom
AL ROY - Gunnar Henderson

NL MVP - Juan Soto
NL CY - Spencer Strider
NL ROY - Jordan Walker

Yahoo's getting the rust off. They have people in red that are actually playing, just letting yall know.