Darth Pazuzu's Favorite Movies of All Time

→ in
Tools    

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#141-150):

WORD KEY CODE:
wilderness / broken / river / duet / assault / homestead / grave / hook / grandfather / meat / pleasure / seduce / alien / storm / decadence / camp / sensory / follow / prodigy / game / legend / tenement / spirit / mirror / pyre / gasoline / narcotic / charade / blackmail / doll / incarcerate / leftist / effeminate / propaganda / spy / backlash / exile / criminal / savior / vigilante / existential / politician / outlet / mohawk / weapon / telekinesis / blood / mockery / crucifix / hand

"Did you ever look out over a lake and think about something buried underneath it? Man, that's just about as buried as you can get."
#141 - DELIVERANCE (1972)
directed by: John Boorman
screenplay by: James Dickey / based on his novel
starring: Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Ronny Cox, Bill McKinney

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."
#142 - THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE (1974)
directed by: Tobe Hooper
written by: Kim Henkel and Tobe Hooper
starring: Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Edwin Neal, Jim Siedow, Gunnar Hansen

"So, come up to the lab and see what's on the slab!"
#143 - THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (1975)
directed by: Jim Sharman
screenplay by: Richard O'Brien and Jim Sharman / based on the musical play by Richard O'Brien
starring: Tim Curry, Susan Sarandon, Barry Bostwick, Richard O'Brien, Patricia Quinn

"Sickness will surely take the mind / Where minds can't usually go."
#144 - TOMMY (1975)
directed by: Ken Russell
screenplay by: Ken Russell / based on the rock opera by Pete Townshend and The Who
starring: Oliver Reed, Ann-Margret, Roger Daltrey, Elton John, Tina Turner

"Your death will be a tale to frighten children, to make lovers cling closer in their rapture. Come with me, and be immortal."
#145 - CANDYMAN (1992)
directed by: Bernard Rose
screenplay by: Bernard Rose / based on the short story The Forbidden by Clive Barker
starring: Virgina Madsen, Tony Todd, Xander Berkeley, Kasi Lemmons, Vanessa Williams

"So, I let them do it their way, right up to the very end. And then, topsy-turvy. Me topsy and them turvy!"
#146 - WAIT UNTIL DARK (1967)
directed by: Terence Young
screenplay by: Robert Carrington and Jane-Howard Hammerstein / based on the play by Frederick Knott
starring: Audrey Hepburn, Alan Arkin, Richard Crenna, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Jack Weston

"Well, she's something a little strange. That's what she noticed, that she's not a woman like all the others. She seems all wrapped up in herself. Lost in a world she carries deep inside her."
#147 - KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN (1985)
directed by: Héctor Babenco
screenplay by: Leonard Schrader / based on the novel by Manuel Puig
starring: William Hurt, Raúl Juliá, Sônia Braga, José Lewgoy, Miriam Pires

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon."
#148 - WATCHMEN (2009)
directed by: Zack Snyder
screenplay by: David Hayter and Alex Tse / based on comic book by Alan Moore, illustrated by Dave Gibbons
starring: Malin Åkerman, Billy Crudup, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Patrick Wilson

"Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me."
#149 - TAXI DRIVER (1976)
directed by: Martin Scorsese
written by: Paul Schrader
starring: Robert De Niro, Jodie Foster, Cybill Shepherd, Harvey Keitel, Albert Brooks

"It has nothing to do with Satan, Mama. It's me. Me! If I concentrate hard enough, I can move things."
#150 - CARRIE (1976)
directed by: Brian De Palma
screenplay by: Lawrence D. Cohen / based on the novel by Stephen King
starring: Sissy Spacek, Piper Laurie, Amy Irving, John Travolta, Nancy Allen

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#151-160):

WORD KEY CODE:
quest / betrayal / eagle / corruption / sword / coconut / taunt / enchanter / bridge / king / hero / troupe / dissident / bird / vision / compromise / intoxicate / nostalgia / blue / network / veteran / fugitive / crane / mask / skylight / crucible / agitator / disintegrate / class / architect / party / disaster / rappel / conflagration / electrical / chaos / ferry / scar / surveillance / explode / discharge / silver / brothel / prosthetic / uniform / general / feast / sacrifice / mute / infant

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
#151 - THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (2001)
directed by: Peter Jackson
screenplay by: Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens and Peter Jackson / based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien
starring: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin

"So, brave knights! If you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further! For death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth..."
#152 - MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL (1975)
directed by: Terry Gilliam and Terry Jones
written by: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Terry Jones and Michael Palin
starring: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin

"There's not two different fights, there can't be two different fights. You got to fight for your ideals, and if you die, your ideals don't die. The code that we're living by is the truth, and the truth is the code!"
#153 - KNIGHTRIDERS (1981)
directed and written by: George A. Romero
starring: Ed Harris, Gary Lahti, Tom Savini, Amy Ingersoll. Patricia Tallman

"Leave a light on, good lady, for though we may return with a twinkle in our eyes, we will in truth be blind - drunk!"
#154 - THE WORLD'S END (2013)
directed by: Edgar Wright
written by: Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Paddy Considine, Martin Freeman, Rosamund Pike

"Now listen to me: That door is the looking glass, and inside it is Wonderland. Have faith, Alice! Close your eyes and enjoy."
#155 - THE STUNT MAN (1980)
directed by: Richard Rush
screenplay by: Lawrence B. Marcus and Richard Rush / based on the novel by Paul Brodeur
starring: Peter O'Toole, Steve Railsback, Barbara Hershey, Allen Goorwitz, Chuck Bail

"Doesn't it seem odd... that a man can fall from the thirty-ninth floor, and not one police car turn up?"
#156 - HIGH-RISE (2015)
directed by: Ben Wheatley
screenplay by: Amy Jump / based on the novel by J.G. Ballard
starring: Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy Irons, Sienna Miller, Luke Evans, Elisabeth Moss

"Have someone call me when the fire department arrives. In the meantime, get into your dinner jacket, come on up, and join the party!"
#157 - THE TOWERING INFERNO (1974)
directed by: John Guillermin and Irwin Allen
screenplay by: Stirling Silliphant / based on the novels The Tower by Richard Martin Stern and The Glass Inferno by Thomas N. Scortia and Frank M. Robinson
starring: Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, William Holden, Faye Dunaway, Fred Astaire

"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
#158 - THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)
directed by: Christopher Nolan
screenplay by: Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan / based on a story by: Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer and the DC comic book created by Milton Finger and Bob Kane
starring: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal

"It's like my eyes are open and I'm looking at you but I'm dead. They've pulled out whatever it was inside of me. It never hurt at all after that, and it never will."
#159 - ROLLING THUNDER (1977)
directed by: John Flynn
screenplay by: Paul Schrader and Heywood Gould
starring: William Devane, Tommy Lee Jones, Linda Haynes, James Best, Lawrason Driscoll

"This is the feast I have bid her to, and this the banquet she shall surfeit on. And now prepare your throats!"
#160 - TITUS (1999)
directed by: Julie Taymor
screenplay by: Julie Taymor / based on the play Titus Andronicus by William Shakespeare
starring: Anthony Hopkins, Jessica Lange, Alan Cumming, Laura Fraser, Harry Lennix

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#161-170):

WORD KEY CODE:
knife / pigment / drowned / triangle / model / pool / monster / war / outcast / disoriented / bonkers / tuberculosis / brick / it / unwholesome / closeup / star / mansion / kept / comeback / money / river / preacher / widow / murder / bedsit / fashion / neon / ghosts / downtown / fans / clean / provision / award / poison / blood / shotgun / black / arson / poseur / blind / sin / justified / shrunken / car / buttons / villain / dead / therapy / ambivalent

"I've trapped pure spirit in matter. And what should have no value, and grow like lilies of the field, is horribly perverted, placed high on the altars of Rome in mockery. God curse you! You!"
#161 - CARAVAGGIO (1986)
directed by: Derek Jarman
screenplay by: Derek Jarman, Suso Cecchi d'Amico and Nicholas Ward-Jackson / based on an original idea by Nicholas Ward-Jackson
starring: Nigel Terry, Sean Bean, Dexter Fletcher, Tilda Swinton, Michael Gough

"I've spent much of my life outrunning the past, and now it floods all over me."
#162 - GODS AND MONSTERS (1998)
directed by: Bill Condon
screenplay by: Bill Condon / based on the novel Father of Frankenstein by Christopher Bram
starring: Ian McKellen, Brendan Fraser, Lynn Redgrave, Lolita Davidovich, David Dukes

"We have decided how sad it is for other people that they cannot appreciate our genius!"
#163 - HEAVENLY CREATURES (1994)
written by: Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson
starring: Melanie Lynskey, Kate Winslet, Sarah Peirse, Diana Kent, Clive Merrison

"I am big. It's the pictures that got small!"
#164 - SUNSET BOULEVARD (1950)
directed by: Billy Wilder
written by: Charles Brackett, Billy Wilder and D.M. Marshman Jr.
starring: William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim, Nancy Olson, Fred Clark

"Lord save little children. The wind blows, and the rains are cold. Yet they abide."
#165 - THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (1955)
directed by: Charles Laughton
screenplay by: James Agee / based on the novel by Davis Grubb
starring: Robert Mitchum, Shelley Winters, Lillian Gish, Billy Chapin, Sally Jane Bruce

"This is London. Someone has died in every room in every building and on every street corner in the city."
#166 - LAST NIGHT IN SOHO (2021)
screenplay by: Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson-Cairns / based on a story by Edgar Wright
starring: Thomasin McKenzie, Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith, Terence Stamp, Diana Rigg

"No... wire... hangers! What's wire hangers doing in this closet when I told you: No wire hangers, ever!!"
#167 - MOMMIE DEAREST (1981)
directed by: Frank Perry
screenplay by: Frank Yablans, Frank Perry, Tracy Hotchner and Robert Getchell / based on the memoir by Christina Crawford
starring: Faye Dunaway, Diana Scarwid, Steve Forrest, Howard da Silva, Rutanya Alda

"Either you do it for the cause and you take action, or you do it because you want attention and you want to be a stupid-ass celebrity rock star. You can't have it both ways."
#168 - LORDS OF CHAOS (2018)
directed by: Jonas Åkerlund
screenplay by: Dennis Magnusson and Jonas Åkerlund / based on the book Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Søderlind
starring: Rory Culkin, Emory Cohen, Jack Kilmer, Sky Ferreira, Valter Skarsgård

"Two things that I just can't stand: A man that ain't true and one that mocks what is!"
#169 - WISE BLOOD (1979)
directed by: John Huston
screenplay by: Benedict Fitzgerald and Michael Fitzgerald / based on the novel by Flannery O'Connor
starring: Brad Dourif, Ned Beatty, Harry Dean Stanton, Dan Shor, Amy Wright

"Crazy isn't being broken, or swallowing a dark secret. It's you, or me, amplified. If you ever told a lie, and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child, forever."
#170 - GIRL, INTERRUPTED (1999)
directed by: James Mangold
screenplay by: James Mangold, Lisa Loomer and Anna Hamilton Phelan / based on the memoir by Susanna Kaysen
starring: Winona Ryder, Angelina Jolie, Brittany Murphy, Vanessa Redgrave, Whoopi Goldberg

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#171-180):

WORD KEY CODE:
lightning / revenant / camp / paintball / lake / subway / asylum / comedian / live / riot / wall / musician / passport / half / identity / transgender / serious / bomb / phantom / confession / homosexual / model / prostitute / henna / court / composer / princess / erection / abbot / vampire / dental / fleece / locket / serum / eight / drought / alien / television / corporate / prison / accident / coma / politician / ice / killer / sleepwalk / academy / swarm / entomology / deformed

"I've seen enough horror movies to know any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly!"
#171 - FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI: JASON LIVES (1986)
directed by: Tom McLoughlin
screenplay by: Tom McLoughlin / based on characters created by Victor Miller
starring: Thom Mathews, Jennifer Cooke, David Kagen, Kerry Noonan, C.J. Graham

"You don't listen, do you? I don't think you ever really hear me. You just ask the same questions every week. 'How's your job?' 'Are you having any negative thoughts?' All I have are negative thoughts."
#172 - JOKER (2019)
directed by: Todd Phillips
screenplay by: Todd Phillips and Scott Silver / based on characters from DC Comics created by Bob Kane, Bill Finger and Jerry Robinson
starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Frances Conroy, Brett Cullen

"The road is my home; my home, the road. And when I think of all the people I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
#173 - HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH (2001)
directed by: John Cameron Mitchell
screenplay by: John Cameron Mitchell / based on the rock musical by John Cameron Mitchell and Stephen Trask
starring: John Cameron Mitchell, Miriam Shor, Stephen Trask, Andrea Martin, Michael Pitt

"The only border that matters is the one between what's in front and what you've left behind."
#174 - BREAKFAST ON PLUTO (2005)
directed by: Neil Jordan
screenplay by: Neil Jordan / based on the novel by Patrick McCabe
starring: Cillian Murphy, Stephen Rea, Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson, Gavin Friday

"Health consists of having the same diseases as one's neighbors."
#175 - THE NAKED CIVIL SERVANT (1975)
directed by: Jack Gold
screenplay by: Philip Mackie / based on the book by Quentin Crisp
starring: John Hurt, Liz Gebhardt, Patricia Hodge, Stanley Lebor, John Rhys-Davies

"Europe is ripe with revolution. You will become the leader of the only one that matters: The revolution in music! The whole world will sing your songs of brotherhood. Art is so much greater than politics!"
#176 - LISZTOMANIA (1975)
directed and written by: Ken Russell
starring: Roger Daltrey, Sara Kestelman, Paul Nicholas, Fiona Lewis, Ringo Starr

"She provides for me, my city does. She gives me everything I need."
#177 - THE SPIRIT (2008)
directed by: Frank Miller
screenplay by: Frank Miller / based on the comic book by Will Eisner
starring: Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Eva Mendes, Sarah Paulson

"I'm not a scientist, but I know all things begin and end in eternity."
#178 - THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1976)
directed by: Nicolas Roeg
screenplay by: Paul Mayersberg / based on the novel by Walter Tevis
starring: David Bowie, Rip Torn, Candy Clark, Buck Henry, Bernie Casey

"You know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheel truck at me! Bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up, my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless. Bless me? God's been a real sport to me!"
#179 - THE DEAD ZONE (1983)
directed by: David Cronenberg
screenplay by: Jeffrey Boam / based on the novel by Stephen King
starring: Christopher Walken, Brooke Adams, Tom Skerritt, Herbert Lom, Martin Sheen

"It's perfectly normal for insects to be slightly telepathic!"
#180 - PHENOMENA (1985)
directed by: Dario Argento
written by: Franco Ferrini and Dario Argento
starring: Jennifer Connelly, Donald Pleasence, Daria Nicolodi, Dalila Di Lazzaro, Patrick Bauchau

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#181-190):

WORD KEY CODE:
daughter / skins / ovine / cocoon / profile / psychopath / money / shelter / potatoes / strangle / detective / handcuffs / shoes / stray / brothel / feminist / poem / homeboy / flowers / rape / novel / icepick / rough / obsession / jealous / surveillance / platinum / fetish / soapbox / savior / investigate / unmask / suicide / procure / murder / film / conservative / pilgrim / bondage / motel / father / hippie / overdose / rage / firearms / surf / napalm / jungle / unsound / horror

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti."
#181 - THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1991)
directed by: Jonathan Demme
screenplay by: Ted Tally / based on the novel by Thomas Harris
starring: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Scott Glenn, Ted Levine, Anthony Heald

"Do I look like a sex murderer to you? Can you imagine me creeping around London, strangling all those women with ties? That's ridiculous. For a start, I only own two!"
#182 - FRENZY (1972)
directed by: Alfred Hitchcock
screenplay by: Anthony Shaffer / based on the novel Goodbye Piccadilly, Farewell Leicester Square by Arthur La Bern
starring: Jon Finch, Alec McCowen, Barry Foster, Barbara Leigh-Hunt, Anna Massey

"There's a darkness inside all of us... you, me, and the man down the street. Some have it under control. Others act it out."
#183 - TIGHTROPE (1984)
directed and written by: Richard Tuggle
starring: Clint Eastwood, Genevieve Bujold, Dan Hedaya, Alison Eastwood, Marco St. John

"You blow away a broad's date, the least you can do is drive her home."
#184 - COP
directed by: James B. Harris
screenplay by: James B. Harris / based on the novel Blood on the Moon by James Ellroy
starring: James Woods, Lesley Ann Warren, Charles Durning, Charles Haid, Raymond J. Barry

"I'd have to be pretty stupid to write a book about killing and then kill him the way I described in my book. I'd be announcing myself as the killer. I'm not stupid."
#185 - BASIC INSTINCT (1992)
directed by: Paul Verhoeven
written by: Joe Eszterhas
starring: Michael Douglas, Sharon Stone, George Dzundza, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Leilani Sarelle

"I'm crying out to you, for God's sake! Is everything here a negotiation, too?"
#186 - CRIMES OF PASSION (1984)
written by: Barry Sandler
starring: Kathleen Turner, Anthony Perkins, John Laughlin, Annie Potts, Bruce Davison

"There are some things that you see, and you can't unsee them. Know what I mean?"
#187 - 8MM (1999)
directed by: Joel Schumacher
written by: Andrew Kevin Walker
starring: Nicolas Cage, Joaquin Phoenix, James Gandolfini, Peter Stormare, Anthony Heald

"Nobody makes it. Nobody shows it. Nobody sees it. It's like it doesn't even exist."
#188 - HARDCORE (1979)
directed and written by: Paul Schrader
starring: George C. Scott, Peter Boyle, Season Hubley, Dick Sargent, Ilah Davis

"What are you gonna do, kill me too?"
#189 - JOE (1970)
directed by: John G. Avildsen
written by: Norman Wexler
starring: Peter Boyle, Dennis Patrick, Susan Sarandon, Audrey Caire, Patrick McDermott

"Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I'd never want another."
#190 - APOCALYPSE NOW (REDUX) (1979 / 2001)
directed by: Francis Ford Coppola
screenplay by: John Milius and Francis Ford Coppola (narration by Michael Herr) / based on the novel Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
starring: Marlon Brando, Robert Duvall, Martin Sheen, Laurence Fishburne, Dennis Hopper

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#191-200):

WORD KEY CODE:
egg / acid / expendable / burst / survivor / lycanthrope / moors / pentagram / decay / foreign / underground / aphasic / miner / companion / attack / regiment / failure / defense / trial / idealist / patriot / seduce / bottle / key / poison / tears / moral / illustration / blind / mercy / family / lash / disinherit / marriage / incest / feline / heritage / predatory / cage / swim / reborn / selection / anonymous / cadaver / face / soul / pleasure / lethal / corrupt / youth

"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies!"
#191 - ALIEN (1979)
directed by: Ridley Scott
screenplay by: Dan O'Bannon / based on a story by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett
starring: Tom Skerritt, Sigourney Weaver, Veronica Cartwright, John Hurt, Yaphet Kotto

"The undead surround me. Have you ever talked to a corpse? It's boring! I'm lonely!"
#192 - AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON (1981)
directed and written by: John Landis
starring: David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Griffin Dunne, John Woodvine, Don McKillop

"Mind the doors!"
#193 - DEATH LINE (1972)
directed by: Gary Sherman
screenplay by: Ceri Jones / based on a story by Gary Sherman
starring: Donald Pleasence, Norman Rossington, David Ladd, Sharon Gurney, Hugh Armstrong

"If those little sweethearts won't face German bullets, they'll face French ones!"
#194 - PATHS OF GLORY
directed by: Stanley Kubrick
screenplay by: Stanley Kubrick, Calder Willingham and Jim Thompson / based on the novel by Humphrey Cobb
starring: Kirk Douglas, Ralph Meeker, Adolphe Menjou, George Macready, Wayne Morris

"Miss Huberman is first, last, and always not a lady. She may be risking her life, but when it comes to being a lady, she doesn't hold a candle to your wife, sitting in Washington, playing bridge with three other ladies of great honor and virtue."
#195 - NOTORIOUS (1946)
screenplay by: Ben Hecht / based on the story The Song of the Dragon by John Taintor Foote and Clifford Odets
starring: Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman, Claude Rains, Louis Calhern, Leopoldine Konstantin

"I've found out that people are the same all over. Greedy as animals. In a small town they're just a bit less successful. Feed 'em enough, they'll eat till their bellies burst."
#196 - DOGVILLE (2003)
directed and written by: Lars von Trier
starring: Nicole Kidman, Lauren Bacall, Paul Bettany, Chloë Sevigny, Stellan Skarsgård

"Look at you in your black dress. Your fancy jewels. Your pinched face. We're not afraid of you! We laugh at you! Do you hear that? We laugh!"
#197 - FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC
directed by: Jeffrey Bloom
screenplay by: Jeffrey Bloom / based on the novel by V.C. Andrews
starring: Louise Fletcher, Victoria Tennant, Kristy Swanson, Jeb Stuart Adams, Ben Ryan Ganger

"I'm the only one who can touch you. You're the only one who can touch me. Don't you see we're safe together because we're the same?"
#198 - CAT PEOPLE (1982)
directed by: Paul Schrader
screenplay by: Alan Ormsby / based on a film written by DeWitt Bodean
starring: Nastassja Kinski, Malcolm McDowell, John Heard, Annette O'Toole, Ruby Dee

"In short, you are alone in the world, absolved of all responsibility except to your own interest. Isn't that marvelous?"
#199 - SECONDS (1966)
directed by: John Frankenheimer
screenplay by: Lewis John Carlino / based on the novel by David Ely
starring: Rock Hudson, Salome Jens, John Randolph, Will Geer, Frances Reid

"I always choose my friends for their good looks, and my enemies for their good intellects. Man cannot be too careful in his choice of friends."
#200 - THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY (1945)
directed by: Albert Lewin
screenplay by: Albert Lewin / based on the novel by Oscar Wilde
starring: George Sanders, Hurd Hatfield, Donna Reed, Angela Lansbury, Lowell Gilmore

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#201-210):

WORD KEY CODE:
magic / concert / hermit / theft / music / vision / universe / miracle / desert / offend / temporal / engine / storm / lepus / agnostic / brainwashed / marijuana / ruckus / neglect / makeover / treaty / color / acute / motorcycle / ocean / mother / accident / witch / contract / money / cocaine / pimp / liar / vendetta / mentor / west / redneck / native / punk / rodeo / impersonation / president / hieroglyph / pride / regret / captive / island / malignant / circle / abjure

"They're wearing steel that's bright and true / They carry news that must get through / They choose the path where no one goes"
#201 - THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME (LED ZEPPELIN) (1976)
directed by: Peter Clifton and Joe Massot
written by: Peter Clifton
starring: Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, Peter Grant

"I've come to tell you what I see. There are great darknesses. Farther than time itself. And beyond the darkness... a light that glows, changes... and in the center of the universe... the eye that sees us all!"
#202 - X: THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES (1963)
directed by: Roger Coman
screenplay by: Robert Dillon and Ray Russell / based on a story by Ray Russell
starring: Ray Milland, Diana Van der Vlis, Harold J. Stone, John Hoyt, Don Rickles

"I know I'm not the best communicator, but... whatever happens to you, be honest, tell the truth, even if they do look at you funny. They will. But what you gotta understand, son, is that almost all of those people are full of s***!"
#203 - DONNIE DARKO (THE DIRECTOR'S CUT) (2001 / 2004)
directed and written by: Richard Kelly
starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Jena Malone, Drew Barrymore, James Duval, Maggie Gyllenhaal

"Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place."
#204 - THE BREAKFAST CLUB (1985)
directed and written by: John Hughes
starring: Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy

"No, your mother... is not crazy. And neither, contrary to popular belief, is your brother crazy. He's merely miscast in a play. He was born in the wrong era, on the wrong side of the river... with the ability to be able to do anything that he wants to do and... findin' nothin' that he wants to do. I mean nothing."
#205 - RUMBLE FISH (1983)
screenplay by: S.E. Hinton and Francis Ford Coppola / based on the novel by S.E. Hinton
starring: Matt Dillon, Mickey Rourke, Diane Lane, Dennis Hopper, Diana Scarwid

"This is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it's a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom!"
#206 - WILD AT HEART (1990)
directed by: David Lynch
screenplay by: David Lynch / based on the novel by Barry Gifford
starring: Nicolas Cage, Laura Dern, Willem Dafoe, Diane Ladd, Harry Dean Stanton

"If there's one thing this last week has taught me, it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."
#207 - TRUE ROMANCE (1993)
directed by: Tony Scott
written by: Quentin Tarantino
starring: Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Gary Oldman

"You are dealing with the son of a New York cab driver, you a**hole!"
#208 - DUDES (1987)
directed by: Penelope Spheeris
written by: Randall Jahnson
starring: Jon Cryer, Catherine Mary Stewart, Daniel Roebuck, Lee Ving, Flea

"Ask not what your rest home can do for you. Ask what you can do for your rest home."
#209 - BUBBA HO-TEP (2002)
directed by: Don Coscarelli
screenplay by: Don Coscarelli / based on the novella by Joe R. Lansdale
starring: Bruce Campbell, Ossie Davis, Ella Joyce, Heidi Marnhout, Bob Ivy

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little lives are rounded with a sleep."
#210 - THE TEMPEST (2010)
directed by: Julie Taymor
screenplay by: Julie Taymor / based on the play by William Shakespeare
starring: Helen Mirren, Russell Brand, Djimon Hounsou, Felicity Jones, Ben Whishaw

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#211-220)

WORD KEY CODE:
steel / mountains / distance / wager / one / shot / cinema / freeway / spree / relic / paraplegic / doll / birdcage / mimic / revival / grandmother / stud / pickup / shoeshine / confidence / drink / baseball / steps / evasion / corrupt / village / slasher / cloak / swan / constable / ambulance / insomniac / impale / accept / prayer / beast / protest / crook / recording / war / heathen / island / apples / virgin / fire / drill / punishment / malfunction / sniper / hardcore

"See this? This is this. This ain't something else. This is this!"
#211 - THE DEER HUNTER (1978)
directed by: Michael Cimino
screenplay by: Deric Washburn / based on a story by Deric Washburn, Michael Cimino, Louis A. Garfinkle and Quinn K. Redeker
starring: Robert De Niro, Christopher Walken, John Cazale, John Savage, Meryl Streep

"Hardly ever missed, did I?"
#212 - TARGETS (1968)
directed by: Peter Bogdanovich
screenplay by: Peter Bogdanovich (and Samuel Fuller) / story by Polly Platt and Peter Bogdanovich
starring: Tim O'Kelly, Boris Karloff, Peter Bogdanovich, Nancy Hsueh, (not the) James Brown

"Press a button, ring a bell and you think the whole damn world comes running, don't you? Lunch, Miss Hudson? Why, certainly, Miss Hudson! I'm sure we can find something appropriate for you, Miss Hudson!"
#213 - WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? (1962)
directed by: Robert Aldrich
screenplay by: Lukas Heller / based on the novel by Henry Farrell
starring: Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Victor Buono, Marjorie Bennett, Maidie Norman

"I'm brand spankin' new in this here town and I was hopin' to get a look at the Statue of Liberty."
#214 - MIDNIGHT COWBOY (1969)
directed by: John Schlesinger
screenplay by: Waldo Salt / based on the novel by Leo James Herlihy
starring: Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, Sylvia Miles, John McGiver, Brenda Vaccaro

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way!"
#215 - THE UNTOUCHABLES (1987)
screenplay by: David Mamet / based on the book by Elliot Ness and Oscar Fraley
starring: Kevin Costner, Sean Connery, Robert De Niro, Charles Martin Smith, Andy Garcia

"Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no-holds-barred, adrenaline-fueled thrill ride. But there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork."
#216 - HOT FUZZ (2007)
written by: Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg
starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Jim Broadbent, Timothy Dalton, Edward Woodward

"It's not your fault. No one asked you to suffer. That was your idea."
#217 - BRINGING OUT THE DEAD (1999)
screenplay by: Paul Schrader / based on the novel by Joe Connelly
starring: Nicolas Cage, Patricia Arquette, John Goodman, Ving Rhames, Tom Sizemore

"Can you imagine what this man would be like had anyone ever loved him?"
#218 - NIXON (1995)
directed by: Oliver Stone
written by: Stephen J. Rivele, Christopher Wilkinson and Oliver Stone
starring: Anthony Hopkins, Joan Allen, Paul Sorvino, Mary Steenburgen, James Woods

"You'll simply never understand the true nature of sacrifice."
#219 - THE WICKER MAN (1973)
directed by: Robin Hardy
screenplay by: Anthony Shaffer / based on the novel Ritual by David Pinner
starring: Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee, Diane Cilento, Britt Ekland, Ingrid Pitt

"These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, walking the Earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting!"
#220 - FULL METAL JACKET (1987)
screenplay by: Stanley Kubrick, Michael Herr and Gustav Hasford / based on the novel The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford
starring: Matthew Modine, Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, Lee Ermey, Dorian Harewood

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#221-230)

WORD KEY CODE:
train / outlaw / gold / bridge / massacre / robbery / diner / shotgun / brother / name / drown / silence / pavilion / organ / sacrilege / restoration / psychic / séance / accident / red / dead / painting / gallery / razor / trauma / symptoms / chemical / trigger / bleeding / isolation / sect / desert / trumpet / belief / end / cathedral / unworthy / destructive / catastrophe / nuclear / stellar / reignite / sabotage / burn / survival / immigrant / waltz / madam / mercenary / list

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! We're finished! All of us!"
#221 - THE WILD BUNCH (1969)
directed by: Sam Peckinpah
screenplay by: Walon Green and Sam Peckinpah / based on a story by Walon Green and Roy N. Sickner
starring: William Holden, Ernest Borgnine, Robert Ryan, Edmond O'Brien, Warren Oates

"I should've killed you back in Philly."
#222 - A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE (2005)
screenplay by: Josh Olson / based on the graphic novel by John Wagner and Vince Locke
starring: Viggo Mortensen, Maria Bello, Ed Harris, William Hurt, Ashton Holmes

"You cannot live in isolation from the human race, you know."
#223 - CARNIVAL OF SOULS (1962)
directed by: Herk Harvey
story by: John Clifford / story by John Clifford and Herk Harvey
starring: Candace Hilligoss, Frances Feist, Sidney Berger, Art Ellison, Herk Harvey

"I wish I didn't have to believe in prophecy. I do, but I wish I didn't have to."
#224 - DON'T LOOK NOW (1973)
directed by: Nicolas Roeg
screenplay by: Allan Scott and Chris Bryant / based on the short story by Daphne du Maurier
starring: Julie Christie, Donald Sutherland, Hilary Mason, Clelia Matinia, Massimo Serato

[No quote as of yet]
#225 - THE STENDHAL SYNDROME (1996)
screenplay by: Dario Argento / based on a story by Franco Ferrini and the book by Graziella Magherini
starring: Asia Argento, Thomas Kretschmann, Marco Leonardi, Luigi Diberti, Paolo Bonacelli

"We are one with the power that created us. We're safe and all is well in our world."
#226 - SAFE (1995)
directed and written by: Todd Haynes
starring: Julianne Moore, Peter Friedman, Xander Berkeley, James LeGros, Susan Norman

"Who forgives God?"
#227 - THE RAPTURE (1991)
directed and written by: Michael Tolkin
starring: Mimi Rogers, David Duchovny, Patrick Bauchau, James LeGros, Will Patton

"Most of my patients find the world too much for them. He was too much for the world."
#228 - THE MEDUSA TOUCH (1978)
directed by: Jack Gold
screenplay by: John Briley / based on the novel by Peter Van Greenaway
starring: Richard Burton, Lino Ventura, Lee Remick, Harry Andrews, Philip Stone

"Who am I? At the end of time... a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. The man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust... The last man, alone with God. Am I that man? My God."
#229 - SUNSHINE (2007)
directed by: Danny Boyle
written by: Alex Garland
starring: Cillian Murphy, Rose Byrne, Chris Evans, Michelle Yeoh, Cliff Curtis

"You're not my class, Canton, and you never will be. You'd have to die first and be born again."
#230 - HEAVEN'S GATE (1980)
directed and written by: Michael Cimino
starring: Kris Kristofferson, Christopher Walken, John Hurt, Sam Waterston, Isabelle Huppert

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#231-240)

WORD KEY CODE:
monolith / lunar / pod / weapon / child / irresponsible / tennis / swap / carousel / alibi / brooch / jewels / handbag / tragic / delusion / pain / apartment / charm / undertaste / anagram / sound / film / wire / scream / flash / rifle / shooter / knoll / fence / theory / sleeper / program / captive / medal / diamonds / criminal / history / revenge / dental / blade / money / harpsichord / villa / leukemia / artwork / refit / cloud / probe / memory / creator

"This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it."
#231 - 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY (1968)
screenplay by: Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke / based on the short story The Sentinel by Arthur C. Clarke
starring: Keir Dullea, Gary Lockwood, William Sylvester, Daniel Richter, Douglas Rain

"There I go again. Too friendly. It always happens. I meet somebody who I like and admire and I open my mouth too much."
#232 - STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)
screenplay by: Raymond Chandler and Czenzi Ormonde / adapted by Whitfield Cooke from the novel by Patricia Highsmith

"If I could only get inside that brain of yours and understand what makes you do these crazy, twisted things!"
#233 - GASLIGHT (1944)
directed by: George Cukor
screenplay by: John Van Druten, Walter Reisch and John L. Balderston / based on the play by Patrick Hamilton
starring: Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman, Joseph Cotten, Dame May Whitty, Angela Lansbury

"What have you done to him? What have you done to his eyes, you maniacs!"
#234 - ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968)
directed by: Roman Polanski
screenplay by: Roman Polanski / based on the novel by Ira Levin
starring: Mia Farrow, John Cassavetes, Ruth Gordon, Sidney Blackmer, Maurice Evans

"So you got your choice: You can be crazy or dead."
#235 - BLOW OUT (1981)
directed and written by: Brian De Palma
starring: John Travolta, Nancy Allen, John Lithgow, Dennis Franz, Peter Boyden

"Once you conclude the magic bullet could not create all seven of those wounds, you'd have to conclude that there was a fourth shot and a second rifle. And if there was a second rifleman, then by definition, there had to be a conspiracy."
#236 - JFK (1991)
directed by: Oliver Stone
screenplay by: Oliver Stone and Zachary Sklar / based on the books On the Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison and Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy by Jim Marrs
starring: Kevin Costner, Sissy Spacek, Tommy Lee Jones, Kevin Bacon, Gary Oldman

"Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?"
#237 - THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962)
directed by: John Frankenheimer
screenplay by: George Axelrod / based on the novel by Richard Condon
starring: Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey, Janet Leigh, Angela Lansbury, Henry Silva

"Is it safe?"
#238 - MARATHON MAN (1976)
directed by: John Schlesinger
screenplay by: William Goldman / based on his novel
starring: Dustin Hoffman, Laurence Olivier, Roy Scheider, William Devane, Marthe Keller

"I'm a creation. A gifted improviser... The one thing I know is we're constantly being born."
#239 - RIPLEY'S GAME (2002)
directed by: Liliana Cavani
screenplay by: Charles McKeown and Liliana Cavani / based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith
starring: John Malkovich, Dougray Scott, Ray Winstone, Lena Headey, Chiara Caselli

"Each of us... at some time in our lives, turns to someone - a father, a brother, a God... and asks...'Why am I here? What was I meant to be?'"
#240 - STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979)
directed by: Robert Wise
screenplay by: Harold Livingston / based on a story by Alan Dean Foster and the TV series Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Persis Khambatta, Stephen Collins

I just watched Strangers on a Train last month. I adored it. It was very freaky, beautifully written and boasted one of the most thrilling climaxes I've ever experienced. My only problem is that our leading lady needs a little more character development. She was basically predictable. But that's the ONLY flaw IMO.

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#241-250)

WORD KEY CODE:
counterfeit / artist / freeway / pigeon / extortion / betrayal / penthouse / island / corporation / triangle / water / deity / stagecoach / lady / eulogy / confined / dog / courtyard / binoculars / wife / elevator / teenage / haircut / broadcast / limousine / psychoanalysis / transference / letters / humiliation / breakdown / occupation / giri / sword / wayward / yubitsume / insomnia / epileptic / prostitute / guilt / emaciated / plague / village / satanic / costume / face / music / prophet / outlaw / electric / vagabond

"I'm an easy man to find. My reputation speaks for itself. The fact is that if you can't come up with the front money you're not for real."
#241 - TO LIVE AND DIE IN L.A. (1985)
directed by: William Friedkin
screenplay by: William Friedkin and Gerald Petievich / based on the novel by Gerald Petievich
starring: William Petersen, Willem Dafoe, John Pankow, John Turturro, Dean Stockwell

"I want my money. I want my $93,000."
#242 - POINT BLANK (1967)
screenplay by: Alexander Jacobs, David Newhouse and Rafe Newhouse / based on the novel The Hunter by Richard Stark (Donald E. Westlake)
starring: Lee Marvin, Angie Dickinson, Keenan Wynn, Carroll O'Connor, John Vernon

"Ain't had no water since yesterday, Lord. Gettin' a little thirsty. Just thought I'd mention it. Amen."
#243 - THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE (1970)
written by: John Crawford and Edmund Penney
starring: Jason Robards, Stella Stevens, David Warner, Strother Martin, Slim Pickens

"You know, if someone came in here, they wouldn't believe what they'd see. You and me with long faces plunged into despair because we find out a man didn't kill his wife. We're two of the most frightening ghouls I've ever known."
#244 - REAR WINDOW (1954)
screenplay by: John Michael Hayes / based on the short story It Had to Be Murder by Cornell Woolrich
starring: James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey, Thelma Ritter, Raymond Burr

"And so, I want you to be prepared for excessive screaming, hysteria, hyperventilation, fainting, fits, seizures, spasmodic convulsions, even attempted suicides. All perfectly normal. Merely means that these youngsters are enjoying themselves."
#245 - I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND (1978)
directed by: Robert Zemeckis
written by: Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale
starring: Nancy Allen, Bobby Di Cicco, Marc McClure, Susan Kendall Newman, Theresa Saldana

"It seems to me the measure of the true perversity of the human race, that one of its very few reliably pleasurable activities should be the subject of so much hysteria and repression."
#246 - A DANGEROUS METHOD (2011)
screenplay by: Christopher Hampton / based on the play The Talking Cure by Christopher Hamtpon and the book A Most Dangerous Method: The Story of Jung, Freud, & Sabina Spielrein by John Kerr
starring: Keira Knightley, Michael Fassbender, Viggo Mortensen, Vincent Cassel, Sarah Gadon

"When an American cracks up, he opens up the window and shoots up a bunch of strangers. When a Japanese cracks up, he closes the window and kills himself. Everything is in reverse."
#247 - THE YAKUZA (1974)
directed by: Sydney Pollack
screenplay by: Paul Schrader and Robert Towne / based on a story by Leonard Schrader
starring: Robert Mitchum, Ken Takakura, Brian Keith, Keiko Kishi, James Shigeta

"You know so little about me. What if I turn into a werewolf or something?"
#248 - THE MACHINIST (2004)
directed by: Brad Anderson
written by: Scott Kosar
starring: Christian Bale, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Aitana Sánchez-Gijón, John Shirian, Michael Ironside

"The way is not easy, I know, but I will take you by the hand and lead you through the cruel light into the velvet darkness."
#249 - THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH (1964)
directed by: Roger Corman
screenplay by: Charles Beaumont and R. Wright Campbell / based on the short stories The Masque of the Red Death and Hop-Frog by Edgar Allan Poe
starring: Vincent Price, Hazel Court, Jane Asher, David Weston, Patrick Magee

"People are always talking about freedom. Freedom to live a certain way, without being kicked around. Of course, the more you live a certain way, the less it feel like freedom. Me... I can change during the course of a day. I wake and I'm one person, when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm somebody else. I don't know who I am most of the time... It's like you got yesterday, today and tomorrow, all in the same room. There's no telling what can happen."
#250 - I'M NOT THERE (2007)
directed by: Todd Haynes
screenplay by: Todd Haynes and Oren Moverman / based on a story by Todd Haynes
starring: Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, Heath Ledger, Richard Gere, Charlotte Gainsbourg

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#251-260)

WORD KEY CODE:
camera / scythe / happening / media / survival / infection / blood / rage / fortify / island / refuge / pub / imitation / vinyl / rifle / they / private / mechanic / box / nuclear / fabricate / thief / stringer / credit / footage / station / hardware / gourmet / request / skinned / corpse / sever / disinter / loser / bounty / reward / truck / nitroglycerin / dynamite / tree / spirit / abduct / indigenous / hunt / logjam / psychic / moon / radiation / virus / apocalypse

"Don't try to speak, just shoot. Shoot your picture. Shoot for as long as your hard drive holds out. As long as you have power."
#251 - DIARY OF THE DEAD (2007)
starring: Michelle Morgan, Joshua Close, Shawn Roberts, Amy Lalonde, Joe Dinicol

"Plans are pointless. Staying alive is as good as it gets."
#252 - 28 DAYS LATER (2002)
directed by: Danny Boyle
written by: Alex Garland
starring: Cillian Murphy, Naomie Harris, Brendan Gleeson, Megan Burns, Christopher Eccleston

"As Bertrand Russell once said, 'The only thing that will redeem mankind is cooperation.' I think we can all appreciate the relevance of that now."
#253 - SHAUN OF THE DEAD (2004)
written by: Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright
starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield, Lucy Davis, Dylan Moran

"First, you find a little thread, the little thread leads you to a string, and the string leads you to a rope, and from the rope you hang by the neck."
#254 - KISS ME DEADLY (1955)
directed by: Robert Aldrich
screenplay by: A.I. Bezzerides / based on the novel by Mickey Spillane
starring: Ralph Meeker, Albert Dekker, Paul Stuart, Juano Hernandez, Wesley Addy

"That's my job, that's what I do. I like to say that if you're seeing me, you're having the worst day of your life."
#255 - NIGHTCRAWLER (2014)
directed and written by: Dan Gilroy
starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed, Bill Paxton, Kevin Rahm

"It's a dog-eat-dog world and from where I sit there just ain't enough damn dogs!"
#256 - THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 (1986)
screenplay by: L.M. Kit Carson / based on characters created by Kim Henkel and Tobe Hooper
starring: Dennis Hopper, Caroline Williams, Jim Siedow, Bill Moseley, Bill Johnson

"Why? Because it feels so g**damn good!"
#257 - BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974)
screenplay by: Gordon Dawson and Sam Peckinpah / based on a story by Frank Kowalski and Sam Peckinpah
starring: Warren Oates, Isela Vega, Robert Webber, Gig Young, Emilio Fernández

"You know there's a place down here that might be kind of nice for a guy in your situation. Ever think about going to Managua?"
#258 - SORCERER (1977)
screenplay by: Walon Green / based on the novel The Wages of Fear by Georges Arnaud (Henri Girald)
starring: Roy Scheider, Bruno Cremer, Francisco Rabal, Amidou, Ramon Bieri

"When I was a boy, the edge of the world was very far away, but it comes closer each year."
#259 - THE EMERALD FOREST (1985)
screenplay by: Rospo Pallenberg / based on an article by Leonard Greenwood
starring: Powers Boothe, Meg Foster, Charley Boorman, Rui Polonah, Eduardo Conde

"We... are... dead... and... this... is... Hell!"
#260 - THE STAND (1994)
directed by: Mick Garris
screenplay by: Stephen King / based on his novel
starring: Gary Sinise, Molly Ringwald, Jamey Sheridan, Rob Lowe, Laura San Giacomo

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#261-270)

WORD KEY CODE:
actress / understudy / play / manipulate / award / journalist / affair / doctor / addict / spiral / funeral / dancer / pink / orange / tango / hotel / anarchy / pizza / knife / nihilist / manifesto / lesbian / contract / sex / control / insect / report / seduce / glass / agent / pianist / mother / daughter / injury / talent / sellout / badge / gallows / river / outlaw / money / prophet / temple / serpent / change / rebellion / stoning / grammar / individual / crucifixion

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!"
#261 - ALL ABOUT EVE (1950)
directed by: Joseph L. Mankiewicz
screenplay by: Joseph L. Mankiewicz / based on the short story The Wisdom of Eve by Mary Orr
starring: Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders, Celeste Holm, Gary Merrill

"She'll be your downfall. There's nothing you can do about it. She'll destroy you, because she's a pitiful creature."
#262 - VERONIKA VOSS (1982)
directed by: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
written by: Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Pea Fröhlich and Peter Märthesheimer
starring: Rosel Zech, Hilmar Thate, Cornelia Froboess, Annemarie Düringer, Armin Mueller-Stahl

"You are the spirit that moves the universe, the song that wakes the day, the waves that soothe the sand, the giving hand, the magic of the touch, the peace of afterglow, the mystery of night, the promise of delight, the thrill of surrender, the fount of all pleasure, the power of religion, my meaning for existence, my vision of heaven, my life eternal, my love, my friend."
#263 - VALENTINO (1977)
screenplay by: Ken Russell and Mardik Martin / based on the book Valentino, an Intimate Exposé of the Sheik by Brad Steiger and Chaw Mank
starring: Rudolf Nureyev, Leslie Caron, Michelle Phillips, Carol Kane, Felicity Kendal

"Well, first off, we're gonna go down to the methadone clinic on Monday and then Nancy's gonna get me some gigs. And then we're gonna go off and, like, live in Paris and just sort of go out in a blaze of glory. Yeah, but don't worry. You'll be proud of us."
#264 - SID AND NANCY (1986)
directed by: Alex Cox
written by: Alex Cox and Abbe Wool
starring: Gary Oldman, Chloe Webb, David Hayman, Debby Bishop, Andrew Schofield

"The males tried to convince himself and women that the female function is to bear and raise children, soothe, relax and boost the male ego. When in actual fact, the female function is to groove, relate, love, be herself, discover, explore, invent, solve problems, crack jokes, make music, all with love. In other words, create a magical world."
#265 - I SHOT ANDY WARHOL (1996)
directed by: Mary Harron
screenplay by: Mary Harron and Daniel Minahan / based on the book The Letters and Diaries of Candy Darling, 1992 by Jeremiah Newton
starring: Lili Taylor, Jared Harris, Stephen Dorff, Martha Plimpton, Lothaire Bluteau

"I understood writing could be dangerous. I didn't realize the danger came from the machinery."
#266 - NAKED LUNCH (1991)
screenplay by: David Cronenberg / based on the novel by William S. Burroughs
starring: Peter Weller, Judy Davis, Ian Holm, Julian Sands, Roy Scheider

"I'm seized by fear and see a horrible picture of myself. I have never grown up. My face and my body have aged. I acquire memories and experiences, but inside all that I haven't even been born. I can't remember any faces, not even my own."
#267 - AUTUMN SONATA (1978)
directed and written by: Ingmar Bergman
starring: Ingrid Bergman, Liv Ullmann, Lena Nyman, Halvar Björk, Gunnar Björnstrand

"When are you going to learn that you can't trust anybody, not even yourself?"
#268 - PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID (1973)
written by: Rudy Wurlitzer
starring: James Coburn, Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan, Slim Pickens, Jason Robards

"Now I finally understand! All my life, I've been followed by voices, by footsteps, by shadows. And do you know what that shadow is? The cross. I have to die on the cross, and I have to die willingly."
#269 - THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST (1988)
screenplay by: Paul Schrader / based on the novel by Nikos Kazantzakis
starring: Willem Dafoe, Harvey Keitel, Barbara Hershey, Harry Dean Stanton, David Bowie

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!"
#270 - MONTY PYTHON'S LIFE OF BRIAN (1979)
directed by: Terry Jones
written by: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin
starring: Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#271-280)

WORD KEY CODE:
forest / missing / sacrifice / druid / chainsaw / possess / swallow / cellar / hand / dismember / morgue / cat / serum / plagiarist / overdose / experiment / survival / military / bunker / civilized / masochist / naked / thanatology / iron / comet / archaeology / legend / skull / hallucination / charm / immortal / plague / laudanum / theater / choice / vigilante / mugging / rictus / disfigured / balloons / ink / photograph / blackmail / will / freeway / foreclose / invention / metamorphosis / rampage / explosion

"They're your friends, Jake. They're your bestest friends!"
#271 - THE GUARDIAN (1990)
screenplay by: Stephen Volk, Dan Greenburg and Wiliam Friedkin / based on the novel The Nanny by Dan Greenburg
starring: Jenny Seagrove, Dwier Brown, Carey Lowell, Brad Hall, Miguel Ferrer

"I don't think so! We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound 'fine'?"
#272 - EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN (1987)
directed by: Sam Raimi
written by: Sam Raimi and Scott Spiegel
starring: Bruce Campbell, Sarah Berry, Dan Hicks, Kassie Wesley, Denise Bixler

"I must say... I'm very disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death, and here you are trysting with a bubble-headed coed. You're not even a second-rate scientist!"
#273 - RE-ANIMATOR (1985)
directed by: Stuart Gordon
screenplay by: Dennis Paoli, William J. Norris and Stuart Gordon / based on the short story Herbert West, Re-Animator by H.P. Lovecraft
starring: Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Abbott, Barbara Crampton, David Gale, Robert Sampson

"You want to put some kind of explanation down here before you leave? Here's one as good as any you're likely to find: We're bein' punished by the Creator. He visited a curse on us. So that man could look at... what Hell was like! Maybe He didn't want to see us blow ourselves up, put a big hole in His sky. Maybe He just wanted to show us He's still the Boss Man. Maybe He figure, we was gettin' too big for our britches, tryin' to figure His s*** out."
#274 - DAY OF THE DEAD (1985)
starring: Lori Cardille, Terry Alexander, Joe Pilato, Richard Liberty, Sherman Howard

"I mean, in a sense we're all vampires. We drain energy from other life forms. The difference is one of degree."
#275 - LIFEFORCE (1985)
screenplay by: Dan O'Bannon and Don Jakoby / based on the novel The Space Vampires by Colin Wilson
starring: Steve Railsback, Peter Firth, Frank Finlay, Mathilda May, Patrick Stewart

"Dionin has a propensity for virgins, Eve, just like your false god. Problem is, they're so hard to come by these days. Aren't they, Eve?"
#276 - THE LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM (1988)
screenplay by: Ken Russell / based on the novel by Bram Stoker
starring: Amanda Donohoe, Hugh Grant, Catherine Oxenberg, Peter Capaldi, Sammi Davis

"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves."
#277 - INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE (1994)
directed by: Neil Jordan
screenplay by: Anne Rice / based on her novel
starring: Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, Kirsten Dunst, Christian Slater

"Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"
#278 - BATMAN (1989)
directed by: Tim Burton
screenplay by: Sam Hamm and Warren Skaaren / based on the DC Comics character created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger
starring: Jack Nicholson, Michael Keaton, Kim Basinger, Robert Wuhl, Jack Palance

"Well, you see, I didn't know where your office was. So I asked the newsboy. He didn't know. So I asked the fireman, the green grocer, the butcher, the baker, they didn't know! But the liquor store guy... he knew."
#279 - WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT (1988)
directed by: Robert Zemeckis
screenplay by: Jeffrey Price and Peter S. Seaman / based on the novel Who Censored Roger Rabbit by Gary K. Wolf
starring: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Charles Fleischer, Joanna Cassidy, Kathleen Turner

"Look Mister, there are some rules that you've got to follow... First of all, keep him out of the light, he hates bright light, especially sunlight, it'll kill him. Second, don't give him any water, not even to drink. But the most important rule, the rule you can never forget, no matter how much he cries, no matter how much he begs, never feed him after midnight!"
#280 - GREMLINS (1984)
directed by: Joe Dante
written by: Chris Columbus
starring: Zach Galligan, Phoebe Cates, Hoyt Axton, Polly Holliday, Frances Lee McCain

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#281-290)

WORD KEY CODE:
stocks / yacht / rathole / pills / decadence / misanthrope / deaf / claim / imposter / drainage / greed / coin / tracking / pistol / rendezvous / boredom / smoke / waltz / secret / ring / gentleman / mirror / reversal / seduce / alcohol / bishop / nativity / punish / smuggle / flames / medium / child / picture / cleaver / necklace / viper / coma / swordsmith / wagon / amputate / mortar / convalesce / award / closeted / belief / deity / blackbird / courtesan / horse / assassinate

"Look, I know you're not following what I'm saying anyway, right? That's... that's okay, that doesn't matter. The real question is this: Was all this legal? Absolutely f***ing not. But we were making more money than we knew what do with."
#281 - THE WOLF OF WALL STREET (2013)
screenplay by: Terence Winter / based on the memoir by Jordan Belfort
starring: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Rob Reiner, Matthew McConaughey

"I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people."
#282 - THERE WILL BE BLOOD (2007)
directed by: Paul Thomas Anderson
screenplay by: Paul Thomas Anderson / based on the novel Oil! by Upton Sinclair
starring: Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Dano, Kevin J. O'Connor, Ciarán Hinds, Dillon Freasier

"The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willing to die to even do this job. But I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet something I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say, 'O.K., I'll be part of this world.'"
#283 - NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN (2007)
directed by: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
screenplay by: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen / based on the novel by Cormac McCarthy
starring: Tommy Lee Jones, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, Kelly Macdonald

"The cities are full of women, middle-aged widows, husbands dead, husbands who've spent their lives making fortunes, working and working. And then they die and leave their money to their wives, their silly wives. And what do the wives do, these useless women? You see them in the hotels, the best hotels, every day by the thousands, drinking their money, eating their money, losing the money at bridge, playing all day and all night, smelling of money, proud of their jewelry but of nothing else. Horrible, faded, fat, greedy women!"
#284 - SHADOW OF A DOUBT (1943)
screenplay by: Thornton Wilder, Sally Benson and Alma Reville / based on a story by Gordon McDonell
starring: Teresa Wright, Joseph Cotten, Macdonald Carey, Henry Travers, Patricia Collinge

"Who furnished the whole place for you? Who painted it for you? Who does the cooking? Who washes your pants? Who cleans the bathhouse after you? I do! I run the whole bloody place! And what do I get out of it? Nothing!"
#285 - THE SERVANT (1963)
directed by: Joseph Losey
screenplay by: Harold Pinter / based on the novella by Robin Maugham
starring: Dirk Bogarde, James Fox, Sarah Miles, Wendy Craig, Catherine Lacey

"My only talent, if you can call it that in my case, is that I love this little world inside the thick walls of this playhouse, and I'm fond of the people who work in this little world. Outside is the big world, and sometimes the little world succeeds in reflecting the big one so that we understand it better. Or perhaps, we give the people who come here a chance to forget for a while, for a few short moments, the harsh world outside. Our theater is a little room of orderliness, routine, care and love."
#286 - FANNY AND ALEXANDER (1982)
starring: Bertil Guve, Pernilla Alwin, Ewa Fröling, Jan Malmsjö, Erland Josephson

"You know, sometimes what you actually see and what you imagine... get mixed up in your memory like a cocktail... from which you can no longer distinguish one flavor from another... You think you're telling the truth, but in fact... you're telling only your version of the truth. It happens to me all the time."
#287 - DEEP RED (1975)
written by: Dario Argento and Bernardino Zapponi
starring: David Hemmings, Daria Nicolodi, Gabriele Lavia, Macha Méril, Clara Calamai

"Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest. And, like a forest, it's easy to lose your way... to get lost... to forget where you came in."
#288 - KILL BILL: VOLUME 1 (2003) (I swear I didn't plan it that way. Honest! )
directed and written by: Quentin Tarantino
starring: Uma Thurman, Lucy Liu, David Carradine, Vivica A. Fox, Daryl Hannah

"It's all an accident... an accident of hands. Mine, others... all without mind. One extreme to another... and neither works... nor will ever! And we stand in the middle... in no man's land, you and I."
#289 - CROSS OF IRON (1977)
screenplay by: Julius J. Epstein, James Hamilton and Walter Kelley / based on the novel The Willing Flesh by Willi Heinrich

"If only all of Rome had just one neck!"
#290 - CALIGULA (ALTERNATE PRE-RELEASE VERSION ONLY!) (1979)
directed by: Tinto Brass
written by: Gore Vidal (+)
starring: Malcolm McDowell, Peter O'Toole, Helen Mirren, Teresa Ann Savoy, John Gielgud

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#291-300)

WORD KEY CODE:
harvest / club / gang / trophy / emasculate / abduct / key / chains / recording / survival / dance / inhibited / sensual / mirror / blood / understudy / mother / detective / needles / bracelet / magic / performance / disciple / chasm / resurrect / pet / eyeless / avian / party / trauma / fix / loyalty / assassination / ethics / heart / play / charm / libel / treadmill / exile / shield / moon / forest / prosthetic / paternal / abuse / aspirant / handgun / talent / star

"Anyone who comes to this place... cannot leave... without killing."
#291 - HOSTEL: PART II (2007)
directed and written by: Eli Roth
starring: Lauren German, Roger Bart, Heather Matarazzo, Bijou Phillips, Richard Burgi

"Congratulations. You are still alive. Most people are so ungrateful to be alive. But not you. Not anymore."
#292 - SAW (2004)
directed by: James Wan
screenplay by: Leigh Whannell / based on a story by James Wan and Leigh Whannell
starring: Cary Elwes, Leigh Whannell, Danny Glover, Monica Potter, Shawnee Smith

"Perfection is not just about control. It's also about letting go. Surprise yourself so you can surprise the audience. Transcendence! Very few have it in them."
#293 - BLACK SWAN (2010)
directed by: Darren Aronofsky
starring: Mark Heyman, Andres Heinz and John McLaughlin / based on a story by Andres Heinz
starring: Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, Vincent Cassel, Barbara Hershey, Winona Ryder

"I think it's unwise to use movies as a guide for reality."
#294 - OPERA (1987)
screenplay by: Dario Argento / based on a story by Dario Argento and Franco Ferrini
starring: Cristina Marsillach, Ian Charleson, Urbano Barberini, Daria Nicolodi, Coralina Cataldi-Tassoni

"You ever watched a man die? If you watch very closely, you can sometimes see the soul escaping. And if you're very quick, you can catch it."
#295 - LORD OF ILLUSIONS (1995)
directed by: Clive Barker
screenplay by: Clive Barker / based on the short story The Last Illusion by Clive Barker
starring: Scott Bakula, Kevin J. O'Connor, Famke Janssen, Daniel von Bargen, Vincent Schiavelli

"I have never known birds of different species to flock together. The very concept is unimaginable. Why, if that happened, we wouldn't stand a chance!"
#296 - THE BIRDS (1963)
screenplay by: Evan Hunter / based on the short story by Daphne du Maurier
starring: Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Suzanne Pleshette, Veronica Cartwright

"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson!"
#297 - MILLER'S CROSSING (1990)
directed and written by: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
starring: Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney, Marcia Gay Harden, John Turturro, Jon Polito

"In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants. The other is getting it."
#298 - WILDE (1997)
directed by: Brian Gilbert
screenplay by: Julian Mitchell / based on the biography Oscar Wilde by Richard Ellmann
starring: Stephen Fry, Jude Law, Vanessa Redgrave, Michael Sheen, Tom Wilkinson

"Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
#299 - STAR WARS EPISODE VI: RETURN OF THE JEDI (1983)
directed by: Richard Marquand
screenplay by: Lawrence Kasdan and George Lucas / based on a story by George Lucas
starring: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Ian McDiarmid

"I'd like to dedicate this to my father, Francis L...."
#300 - PURPLE RAIN (1984)
directed by: Albert Magnoli
written by: Albert Magnoli and William Blinn
starring: Prince, Apollonia Kotero, Morris Day, Clarence Williams III, Jerome Benton

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#301-310)

WORD KEY CODE:
fortress / army / servant / fall / siege / shotgun / three / words / science / dead / brains / mortuary / toxic / cremate / reanimate / defibrillate / trespass / medical / promiscuous / apology / island / conch / swine / paint / spectacles / receipt / desk / cosmetic / paper / wings / tattoo / recidivist / police / kidnap / escape / planet / radiation / life / superior / revenge / snake / palm / truth / poison / coffin / bounty / gold / noose / bridge / desert

"Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?"
#301 - THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS (2002)
screenplay by: Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Stephen Sinclair and Peter Jackson / based on the novel by J.R.R. Tolkien
starring: Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen, Sean Astin

"Well hello, Mister Fancypants! I've got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and s***... and Jack left town!"
#302 - ARMY OF DARKNESS (1992)
directed by: Sam Raimi
written by: Sam Raimi and Ivan Raimi
starring: Bruce Campbell, Embeth Davidtz, Marcus Gilbert, Ian Abercrombie, Richard Grove

"Send... more... paramedics!"
#303 - THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985)
directed by: Dan O'Bannon
screenplay by: Dan O'Bannon / based on a story by Rudy Ricci, John A. Russo and Russell Streiner
starring: Clu Gulager, James Karen, Don Calfa, Thom Mathews, Beverly Randolph

"Today is a good day to die."
#304 - FLATLINERS (1990)
directed by: Joel Schumacher
written by: Peter Filardi
starring: Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Julia Roberts, William Baldwin, Oliver Platt

"What is it better to be, a pack of painted savages like you are, or sensible like Ralph is? Which is better: To have rules and agree, or to hunt and kill?"
#305 - LORD OF THE FLIES (1963)
directed by: Peter Brook
screenplay by: Peter Brook / based on the novel by: William Golding
starring: James Aubrey, Tom Chapin, Hugh Edwards, Roger Elwin, Tom Gaman

"Don't fight it, son. Confess quickly! If you hold out too long you could jeopardize your credit rating."
#306 - BRAZIL (1985)
directed by: Terry Gilliam
written by: Terry Gilliam, Tom Stoppard and Charles McKeown
starring: Jonathan Pryce, Kim Greist, Robert De Niro, Katherine Helmond, Ian Holm

"He was horrible: The lone biker of the Apocalypse. A man with all the powers of Hell at his command. He could turn turn the day into night and lay to waste everything in his path. He was especially hard on little things: The helpless and the gentle creatures. He left a scorched earth in his wake befouling even the sweet desert breeze that whipped across his brow. I didn't know where he came from or why. I didn't know if he was dream or vision."
#307 - RAISING ARIZONA (1987)
directed and written by: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
starring: Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, Trey Wilson, John Goodman, William Forsythe

"I have been... and always shall be... your friend. Live long... and prosper."
#308 - STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN (1982)
directed by: Nicholas Meyer
screenplay by: Jack B. Sowards / based on a story by Harve Bennett and Jack B. Sowards and the TV series Star Trek created by Gene Roddenberry
starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Ricardo Montalban, Kirstie Alley

"No, you're not a bad person. You're a terrific person. You're my favorite person. But every once in a while, you can be a real c***."
#309 - KILL BILL: VOLUME 2 (2004)
directed and written by: Quentin Tarantino
starring: Uma Thurman, David Carradine, Michael Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Gordon Liu

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."
#310 - THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY (1966)
directed by: Sergio Leone
screenplay by: Agenore Incrocci, Furio Scarpelli, Luciano Vincenzoni and Sergio Leone / based on a story by Luciano Vincenzoni and Sergio Leone
starring: Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef, Aldo Giuffrè, Al Mulock

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#311-320)

WORD KEY CODE:
lawman / bank / mining / pious / lesson / baby / irresponsible / gamble / undetectable / milk / witness / musician / disguise / millionaire / impersonate / investigate / relate / club / meatball / cockroach / locket / diamonds / heist / canicide / steamroller / manicure / pavement / rabbit / toothbrush / wall / knife / birthday / conjoined / date / couch / virus / future / patient / crazy / checkpoint / temporal / refugee / shockwave / crash / mortality / railroad / outlaw / business / weapons / harmonica

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
#311 - RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY (1962)
written by: N.B. Stone Jr., Sam Peckinpah and William Roberts
starring: Randolph Scott, Joel McCrea, Mariette Hartley, Ron Starr, R.G. Armstrong

"I think I'm falling in love with you, and I don't quite like it."
#312 - SUSPICION (1942)
screenplay by: Samson Raphaelson, Joan Harrison and Alma Reville / based on the novel Before the Fact by Frances Iles
starring: Cary Grant, Joan Fontaine, Cedric Hardwicke, Nigel Bruce, May Whitty

"I'm a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy. Now, what am I gonna do about my engagement present?!"
#313 - SOME LIKE IT HOT (1959)
directed by: Billy Wilder
screenplay by: Billy Wilder and I.A.L. Diamond / based on a story by Robert Thoeren and Michael Logan
starring: Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Joe E. Brown, George Raft

"You two-timing son of a b****! He's a woman!"
#314 - VICTOR/VICTORIA (1982)
directed by: Blake Edwards
screenplay by: Blake Edwards / based on a story by Hans Hoemburg and the film Viktor und Viktoria written and directed by Reinhold Schünzel
starring: Julie Andrews, James Garner, Robert Preston, Lesley Ann Warren, Alex Karras

"Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'Every man for himself.' And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto! I looked them up!"
#315 - A FISH CALLED WANDA (1987)
directed by: Charles Crichton
screenplay by: John Cleese / based on a story by John Cleese and Charles Crichton
starring: John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline, Michael Palin, Tom Georgeson

"We must get this crack mended."
#316 - REPULSION (1965)
screenplay by: Roman Polanski, Gérard Brach and David Stone / based on a story by Roman Polanski and Gérard Brach
starring: Catherine Deneuve, Ian Hendry, John Fraser, Yvonne Furneaux, Patrick Wymark

"I saw a murder, and I'm going to prove it!"
#317 - SISTERS (1972)
screenplay by: Brian De Palma and Louisa Rose / based on a story by Brian De Palma
starring: Margot Kidder, Jennifer Salt, Charles Durning, William Finley, Lisle Wilson

"Cassandra in Greek legend, you recall, was condemned to know the future but to be disbelieved when she foretold it. Hence the agony of foreknowledge combined with the impotence to do anything about it."
#318 - 12 MONKEYS (1995)
directed by: Terry Gilliam
screenplay by: David Webb Peoples and Janet Peoples / based on the featurette La Jetée written and directed by Chris Marker
starring: Bruce Willis, Madeleine Stowe, Brad Pitt, Christopher Plummer, David Morse

"They say time is the fire in which we burn."
#319 - STAR TREK GENERATIONS (1994)
directed by: David Carson
screenplay by: Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga / based on a story by Rick Berman, Ronald D. Moore and Brannon Braga and the TV series Star Trek and Star Trek: The Next Generation created by Gene Roddenberry
starring: Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Malcolm McDowell, William Shatner, Whoopi Goldberg

"I'm not the right man. And neither is he... People like that have something inside... something to do with death."
#320 - ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST (1968)
directed by: Sergio Leone
screenplay by: Sergio Donati and Sergio Leone / based on a story by Dario Argento, Bernardo Bertolucci and Sergio Leone
starring: Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Charles Bronson, Gabriele Ferzetti

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#321-330)

WORD KEY CODE:
mansion / sled / estranged / trust / meaning / comfort / experience / modern / rut / spiritual / silent / study / patient / nothing / identity / author / telephone / doppelgänger / stab / waterfall / conduct / blacklist / favor / transactional / delete / throne / usurp / witchery / banquet / revenant / curse / driftwood / six / lighthouse / cross / sever / robe / joyride / sadist / yellow / fireworks / stray / bombing / playground / river / family / horse / ambush / cannoli / door

"If it was anybody else, I'd say what's going to happen to you would be a lesson to you. Only you're going to need more than one lesson. And you're going to get more than one lesson!"
#321 - CITIZEN KANE (1941)
directed by: Orson Welles
written by: Herman J. Mankiewicz and Orson Welles
starring: Orson Welles, Joseph Cotten, Dorothy Comingore, Agnes Moorehead, Ruth Warrick

"Things don't affect people the way they used to. I mean it may very well be that ten years from now people will pay $10,000 in cash to be castrated just in order to be affected by something."
#322 - MY DINNER WITH ANDRE (1981)
directed by: Louis Malle
written by: Wallace Shawn and André Gregory
starring: André Gregory, Wallace Shawn, Jean Lenauer, Roy Butler, Cindy Lou Adkins

"Don't get me wrong. You're much more beautiful. But we're alike somehow. I think I could turn into you if I really tried."
#323 - PERSONA (1966)
starring: Bibi Andersson, Liv Ullmann, Margaretha Krook, Gunnar Björnstrand, Jörgen Lindström

"What's black and white and black and white and black and white? A nun falling down stairs."
#324 - IMAGES (1972)
directed and written by: Robert Altman
starring: Susannah York, René Auberjonois, Marcel Bozzuffi, Hugh Millais, Cathryn Harrison

"You want to dance the mask, you must service the composer. You've got to sublimate yourself, your ego, and, yes, your identity. You must, in fact, stand in front of the public and God and obliterate yourself."
#325 - TÁR (2022)
directed and written by: Todd Field
starring: Cate Blanchett, Noémie Merlant, Nina Hoss, Sophie Kauer, Julian Glover

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable of recorded time; and all our yesterdays have lighted fools the way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour upon the stage and is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
#326 - MACBETH (1971)
screenplay by: Roman Polanski and Kenneth Tynan / based on the play The Tragedie of Macbeth by William Shakespeare
starring: Jon Finch, Francesca Annis, Martin Shaw, Terence Bayler, John Stride

"The celebration tonight is a travesty. We're honoring murderers."
#327 - THE FOG (1980)
directed by: John Carpenter
written by: John Carpenter and Debra Hill
starring: Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hal Holbrook, Janet Leigh

"I'm seeing something that was always hidden. I'm in the middle of a mystery and it's all secret."
#328 - BLUE VELVET (1986)
directed and written by: David Lynch
starring: Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Dennis Hopper, Laura Dern, Dean Stockwell

"Sunday, the 3rd of September, 1939. Everyone who is old enough and was there remembers exactly what they were doing at that moment. I had just gunned down a couple of rustlers. And then I slipped back a few centuries and I was riding through an enchanted forest. The magician Merlin suddenly appeared before me and my horse reared up in terror. Then something even more extraordinary happened. All the Sunday morning lawnmowers suddenly... stopped."
#329 - HOPE AND GLORY (1987)
directed and written by: John Boorman
starring: Sarah Miles, David Hayman, Sebastian Rice-Edwards, Derrick O'Connor, Ian Bannen

"Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day."
#330 - THE GODFATHER (1972)
screenplay by: Mario Puzo and Francis Ford Coppola / based on the novel by Mario Puzo
starring: Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, Richard Castellano, Robert Duvall