Violent prison movie from USA

Tools    

Refresh. I repeat - it was rather popular TV Series - 95% that TV series.

I don't remember it well enough to remember if your scene is in this movie, but could it be Brubaker? It dealt with a corrupt prison, I believe they dressed as you described, and the timeframe fits.

I don't remember it well enough to remember if your scene is in this movie, but could it be Brubaker? It dealt with a corrupt prison, I believe they dressed as you described, and the timeframe fits.
I watched "Brubaker", so it isn't. I guess that is rather TV series from 80's or 90's, something like "Knight Rider" or "MacGyver". I found two episodes from these series, but it is tough to verify.
"Knight Rider" Knight Behind Bars (TV Episode 1985)
"MacGyver" The Escape (TV Episode 1986)
Or "Pointman" TV series?

According to my knowledge, leitmotive of some episodes in TV Series in this period was protagonist, who goes undercover to prison and there are dangerous prisoners or corrupt warden.

Prison Break, MacGyver, Matlock, and Renegade....

There is a similar scene in The Shawshank Redemption, in which a prisoner can prove the innocence of the main character, but the warden has the prisoner killed by a guard.

I do seem to recall another scene from another movie that is more in line with your description, but I can't seem to recall the name.

I have an important question: was it popular movie? Perhaps we watched the same. And very important information: I watched it before 2003, definitely.

A system of cells interlinked
I will add to the discussion that, in many (read: almost all) of these cases, where some of the details match but others do not (in this case the long haired man), the person looking for the name of the film or show is conflating multiple films or episodes in their memory. In most cases, the correct answer has been provided, but an extraneous detail that doesn't match keeps the question from being completely solved. I would ask yourself if perhaps this is the case.

I will add to the discussion that, in many (read: almost all) of these cases, where some of the details match but others do not (in this case the long haired man), the person looking for the name of the film or show is conflating multiple films or episodes in their memory. In most cases, the correct answer has been provided, but an extraneous detail that doesn't match keeps the question from being completely solved. I would ask yourself if perhaps this is the case.

Thank you for your guess. Perhaps long-haired man is my mistake, but I'm sure that it was exact scene, which I described. I checked all lists of IMDB (old TV series, which I watched and episodes connected with prison), but no results. Very strange situation, because it was very specific scene and definitely memorable.

Murder in the First (1995)?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113870..._flmg_t_68_act

Actually, the only thing I remember about this movie is that Kevin Bacon kills another inmate with a spoon.

P.S. I can link the movie back to any other movie (with Kevin Bacon) in JUST one move!
Because of...
Bacon.

Murder in the First (1995)?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113870..._flmg_t_68_act

Actually, the only thing I remember about this movie is that Kevin Bacon kills another inmate with a spoon.

Unfortunately, it isn't - I watched. But it was something similar, although prison could be more "modern".

I watched episode of "New York Undercover" entitled "No Place Like Hell", but it isn't, unfortunately.

However, thanks for your suggestion.

Escape from Alcatraz 1979
Bad Boys 1983
Tango & Cash 1989

Just throwing out some wild guesses, you never know..

I checked, but it isn't any of these movies. I have to add in my rejected list.

Any ideas? I think that it could be popular, but only like an episode of popular TV series from 80's or 90's.

funny thing is i vaguely remember watching something that fits this description. but don’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Because it was something very popular, in my opinion. If you remember something more, let me know.

I checked it several years ago, but it wasn't aired in this period in my country.

I know this doesn't match all the details given but if the movie is setting a realistic tone, it sound more sinister like a gulag, concentration camp or these are prisoners of war but that just my thought

There are often movies with "realistic tones" that are set in American prisons and jails. I am pretty sure he is talking about an American facility because he describes the typical uniform worn on American "chain gangs".