Lets Talk Football

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Mairosu
Nah, I meant one point from the opening six. Fills you with confidence.

As for Redders, he should be blamed for increasing the unemployment rates in the northwest - the moment he bolted for London, the NHS inevitably had to lay off all those extra hospital workers.

Seriously, the guy's good for maybe 4 games per season. I was quite keen on Spurs at one point because they resemble a medical miracle - Redknapp AND Dazza Anderton in one team. Honestly, their insurance bill has to be going through the roof with those two around.
Heheheh - i'm still waiting for our sponser to change to a private-health-clinic.

Yeah, i'm probably going over the top - we've often put in some really polished/ near-top-level-looking performances like this in recent years. It's the very fact that those performances are so flashy in some ways that you feel there can't be that much steel behind it. And again, we do lack a real Roy-Keane-style stopper who can also create (so glad to see the new transfers working out tho and some dead wood gone - even if keeping Teddy would have been nice)

In fact - i can't even remember who was in the holding role yesterday. But some of our bargain-basement flair players have been freed up, like Simon Davis etc. He can really complement what looked like a good roving n flexible mid-field now. And Carr is just quality getting down the right.

Erm, ok, that's enough now probably - but i could wax lyrical about the Kanoute goal - a little touch over his shoulder, then an amzing hip-twisting scissor-kick/volley afair that did NOT look like the work of a dodgy man. Postiga -the portuguese striker, looked promising too.

Oh well - potential top-eight beckons again - You never know tho...you never know

Who's the big news in Gent btw? (don't worry - we won't be buying them - Spurs's back room has been cut to shreds. It's make or break time really)

Rugby was called "football" before American style football was invented. So blame them, not Americans.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Who's the big news in Gent btw? (don't worry - we won't be buying them - Spurs's back room has been cut to shreds. It's make or break time really)
Eh, the local lads won one belgian cup about five centuries ago, so football-wise, this town is nothing spectacular.

Originally Posted by firegod
Rugby was called "football" before American style football was invented. So blame them, not Americans.
Who? The Rugbians?

Have you seen the size of those people?

Originally Posted by Golgot
Who? The Rugbians?

Have you seen the size of those people?
And man are they TOUGH. I imagine if I gave one of those guys a Tae Kwon Do kick to the head, he would just laugh his ass off.

And man are they TOUGH. I imagine if I gave one of those guys a Tae Kwon Do kick to the head, he would just laugh his ass off.
I really think that Aussie rugby League players are tougher than USA guys, the Aussie's don't wear any padding, they just tackle and bash into each other and get up and continue with the game, "Come on Aussie's Come on"

...but the All Blacks are still the cream of the rugby world.

Originally Posted by nebbit
I really think that Aussie rugby League players are tougher than USA guys, the Aussie's don't wear any padding, they just tackle and bash into each other and get up and continue with the game, "Come on Aussie's Come on"
I didn't even know we HAD rugby here. But as tough as Ausie players are, they'd have about 15 to 20 injuries a game if they hit each other as hard as NFL players do without any padding. The NFL guys could take off the pads, and SOME of them could play nonstop like rugby, but they would have to slow the game down to rugby speed to keep from literally killing themselves.

Our English Lions might have something to say about that.

Originally Posted by Revenant
Our English Lions might have something to say about that.
Two straight wins are not enough to forget the memorable 64-22 and 40-10 drubbings back in '98.

Weeeeeellll yes they are, but one day the aussie's will come back, that is what my husband beleives, "he's dreaming"

I didn't even know we HAD rugby here. But as tough as Ausie players are, they'd have about 15 to 20 injuries a game if they hit each other as hard as NFL players do without any padding. The NFL guys could take off the pads, and SOME of them could play nonstop like rugby, but they would have to slow the game down to rugby speed to keep from literally killing themselves.
Come on we have Rugby League
Rugby Union
Aussie Rules
Soccer

You are probably right about the strength of the USA players, but I was only being sarcastic, you know sort of joking

They'd eat your foot.

Fortunately (well not for him ) someone died playing rugby at my school 80 years before i turned up - so we didn't play it til i was leaving. I'm the slim and nippy type (but muscley - honest. It just looks ridiculous tho - coz i've got zero fat content. I look like a less-worked out bruce lee [honest again - well, that's what people say maybe they're afraid i'll talk more voodoo mysticism to them if they don't complement me ]. Damn that fast metabolism ) Anyways, i just used to throw the ball over my shoulder and leg it when it came my way. 1 metre 80 of 55 kgs don't hang around for nobody

Damn, given a mental image away. Ah well

*bump* Zero goals in three bloody games and two points. Now that's what I call a succesfull league start ! OH JOY !

Ahh, we nil-nil-ed with your luvly-pudlians. That'll do for another mid-table spurs season (europe-this-season, europe-this-season. Britain must become part of europe this season )

*bump* Zero goals in three bloody games and two points. Now that's what I call a succesfull league start ! OH JOY !
My team Aston Villa has only 1 point in three games. The bad thing is Villa tends to go down hill during the second half of the season so things are looking pretty dim.

Still I've got my alternate teams (yes I support more) one in each division, West Ham (dv1), Peterborough (dv2), Leyton Orient (dv3) and Dagenham and Redbridge (c). Aston Villa's still my main team though. West Hams the local club, Peterborough's where I was born, Leyton Orient is the family team and the Daggers well the're near-by, I just love the club.

Heheheh - Barnet's my local little-un, but they've just sold off their entire team (and even taken on a guy i play with!!!! They must be desperate! They let some local business man pay 8,500 to play for five minutes in a friendly with arsenal - something like that anyway. Still, best pitch ever - on a slope. Been to some quality games there)

They used to yo-yo up and down the leagues with my birth-town team: colchester. Ah, those were the days. Successful-ish spurs and two back-up teams doing entertaining things.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Three goals in Everton's net, at Goodison no less, and what a game by Harry Kewell.

And it also seems that Spurs are back to normal (read midtable mediocrity). Flat 0:3 at home to Fulham, man who would expect that...only just about everyone who ever followed them for the past decade

heheheh - the return to the good-old-days had to happen - we shall see we shall see (a middle table place again - gah - it was more fun when we were near relegation for a few years )

Europe this year! - i demand the chance to see us get knocked out in the second round of the UEFA again. That's the kind of mediocrity spurs aspires to

Ah well, at least the flair-days look like they're back. Now we can boss liverpool off the pitch in midfield things aren't looking too bad