What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by The Sarge
And if anyone out there has not seen Shade i suggest you go rent it... very underrated and surprisingly bloody good 'con' movie.]
Shade's not a bad little film at all, far better than that awful CONfidence that came out around the same time, for me.

Picked up Garden State (2004) for less then I could rent it for... haven't seen it yet though...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Tacitus

VHS replacement. Underrated Bardathon by KB, but for me it's up there (well, maybe just nestling under) his Hamlet and Henry V.

Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favorite movies… the first time I watched it, I was supposed to be doing a school project and thought I could do both… needless to say, the project was late… which was out of the norm for me… so, my teacher asked me why… I told her what happened and she started laughing and gave me an extra day to finish…

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favorite movies… the first time I watched it, I was supposed to be doing a school project and thought I could do both… needless to say, the project was late… which was out of the norm for me… so, my teacher asked me why… I told her what happened and she started laughing and gave me an extra day to finish…
I'm watching it right now. MAAN is one of the most joyous, uplifting and good-spirited films that I've seen in many a long year. Add the beautiful Tuscan countryside to the sheer enthusiasm that the cast seem to have for Shakespeare (even 'paddle-my-own' Keanu) and it's approaching the perfect feel good movie. Branagh is to thank as much as The Bard himself.

It came out just too late to help with the Shakespeare section of my degree (though Ken's Henry V was faithful enough to aid an essay or three) but I watched it in the cinema in Liverpool soon after release.

Nestling for a couple of years in a tatty video box, I'd forgotten just what a warm, kindhearted film Much Ado About Nothing is.

A system of cells interlinked

Why? Jeunet...Tautou..Eastwood...Freeman...

-=fReAkIn dVd nUtZ=-
24 Season Two....

Why?: I just got done with Season 1 and I am hooked!!!! This IS the best show on television right now..IMO

£2.99 at my local video store. I bought a small bag of popcorn too and still had enough change out of 20 quid to buy some matches...

The Criterion Collection: 8 1/2

It was cheap. Oh' fo' sho'.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

So Money and I Don't Even Know It!
Million Dollar Baby because Swank, Eastwood, and Freeman are in a league of their own in this movie. The script was full of heart and even managed to slide in some very dry humor. Rightly deserved to beat my favorite director, Scorsese, at the Oscars.

That's plugged a hole in my collection.

Aguirre, The Wrath Of God
Nosferatu
Woyzeck
Fitzcarraldo
Cobra Verde
My Best Friend

I've owned Aguirre... and Fitzcarraldo on VHS but the whole set works out at less than a fiver each.

-=fReAkIn dVd nUtZ=-
I need to pick up a copy of Million Dollar Baby!!!!

Aguirre, The Wrath Of God
Nosferatu
Woyzeck
Fitzcarraldo
Cobra Verde
My Best Friend

I've owned Aguirre... and Fitzcarraldo on VHS but the whole set works out at less than a fiver each.
hmm that's a pretty tempting buy!

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Finally got round to buying " Sonatine " by Beat Takeshi, Tacitus recommended it, and we have similar taste in films. I have seen snippets, but never the full movie.
Also bought " Fitzcarraldo " as recommended by Samsonitedelialah, again I've seen little bits here and there, but never watched the film from start to finish, so cheers C for the review recently, it made my mind up!
Picked up " Sling Blade " in the sale, I missed this film on general release, but I dig Billy Bob Thornton as an actor, and how can you not admire the man when he was married to Angelina " Big Pouty Lucious Lips " Jolie?

Oh Angelina, me, you, candles, and a bath tub full of jello!!!!
Red Jello, in case your wonderin'!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

-=fReAkIn dVd nUtZ=-
Sling blade is a great flic.....I need to add that one to mine as well!!

Bulls DVD Collection
Its a start....all I like is finishing!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I'm watching it right now. MAAN is one of the most joyous, uplifting and good-spirited films that I've seen in many a long year. Add the beautiful Tuscan countryside to the sheer enthusiasm that the cast seem to have for Shakespeare (even 'paddle-my-own' Keanu) and it's approaching the perfect feel good movie. Branagh is to thank as much as The Bard himself.

It came out just too late to help with the Shakespeare section of my degree (though Ken's Henry V was faithful enough to aid an essay or three) but I watched it in the cinema in Liverpool soon after release.

Nestling for a couple of years in a tatty video box, I'd forgotten just what a warm, kindhearted film Much Ado About Nothing is.
Same thing, here. Henry V came out while i was taking a Shakespeare course - one of the hardest of my university career. Brannaugh does great things with Shakespeare.

MAAN has one of my favorite Shakespearean speeches: Beatrice's "oh that I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace" regarding whoever has lied about Hero. And Brannaugh's scene with the lawn chair by the fountain was hysterical. He seemed to be channelling Chaplain.

Not technically buying, but i've decided to buy 8 more dvds and stop buying, leaving my collection at a round 300.

I plan to get

Naked Gun trilogy
Clerks
Ghostbusters
Old School
Dogma
Sin City

Any comments?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Not technically buying, but i've decided to buy 8 more dvds and stop buying, leaving my collection at a round 300.

I plan to get

Naked Gun trilogy
Clerks
Ghostbusters
Old School
Dogma
Sin City

Any comments?
I'll give you until a week after your first Student loan arrives before you buy more.