54 votes
De Niro
34.94%
29 votes
Pacino
83 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Originally Posted by Godsend
What are their best roles?

For me, DeNiro takes it in my most favoritisit movie EBER, Taxi Driver. The character Travis Bickle was so...sophisticated, dumb, and just plain effin cool all at the same time. Obviously he and I hold the same morals and values, but I think I jump to a higher degree than him. Mentally unstable all right!

Pacino? I loved him in the Godfather and Scarface. Heat was amazing, and Donnie Brasco as well. Though if I have to choose for him, I'd have to go with Tony Montana! He just threw in this amazing accent, got a tan, and fooled the **** out of me the first time I saw the movie. I had no idea it was him, seriously.
Wow. I never heard anyone say that. I must say I'm pretty surprised. A lot of people say he looks pretty dumb playing a Cuban especially in the beginning. I think ScarFace was the pinnacle of his trying to outperform all his idols. It's amazing how great acting can look so natural that you don't even notice how much work is involved and how great one simple part can be. Pacino was brilliant in Scarface, no doubt. Try this if you really want to get an idea of how great an actor he is. Watch the movie and just watch him. Focus on everything he does on screen. All his gestures, vocal pitches and body language. Then while you're watching it. Try to imagine yourself doing it. That'll give you an idea how great of an actor he was. I'll tell ya. I did one scene from that movie for acting. It took a lot of work to do. A rediculous amount of work. It was the famous scene in Lopez's office when He got back from Bolivia without Omar looking to make that big deal. I'll tell you. He's just amazing. If you watch his hands and facial expressions, it really makes you think how one guy could come up with it and perform it so well. I couldn't imagine acting out the scene that well. But it was good and they all loved it and thought I was the greatest thing since sliced bread so it goes to show you, you can get props if you can even imitate to imitate a great actor.

"Who you think I am, huh?! Who you think I am? A fukin worm like YOU!!! I told YOU!! I told YOU MAN!! Don't **** with me! I tol' you no ****ing kids! No, but you wouldn't listen! Well you stupid FUK!! Look at you NOW!

I had have to go with Al Pacino.

-Lessa

Al Pacino. DeNiro is excellent, but Pacino is my all time fave.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I go for DeNiro. For me Pacino has shouted his way through his films for the last decade, I think he was trying to steal the limelight in Heat, DeNiro on the other hand under played his character and was the more believable of the 2. It's hard to see either do anything original these days, as they have both pretty much done everything.

YYZ
A fRAIL sYrup wa DriPPing OF HeR...
For some strange reason, i just can't place DeNiro over Pacino, they are both great actor, wonderful performers, but I prefer Pacino. IMO, there will never be anyone that can put out such a wonderful gangster as him.

Here to support the villians.......
Pacino simply because he's excellent in The Godfather and in the film Dog Day afternoon, one of the finest performances I have ever seen from an actor. Having said that DeNiro comes a close second.

De Niro gives my all-time favorite performance in Taxi Driver...

But, Pacino has better range, so he gets my vote.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Most Definetly DeNiro. He is much more flexible and to me a much more enjoyable actor.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

For me is hard to choose between the 2 of them. I think both are great actors...i simply cannot chose one who is better.

So Money and I Don't Even Know It!
I would go Pacino if I had never seen Raging Bull......but I did.......so De Niro!

-=fReAkIn dVd nUtZ=-
Deniro....Today Tommorrow and the Next!

Al Pacino no doubt.

Movie Forums Member
Let me just say that Al Pacino is a god among men. Diniro is good, but has always been the underdog. Pacino always does a good acting job, even in Simone. He has a wide range of talents as does Diniro. This is where it comes down to preference and whos The Godfather.

Gotta give it to Pacino even though Deniro technically started in Hollywood earlier, he didn't really break through until Mean Streets in 73 or Godfather Part 2 in 74. Pacino was in the first Godfather in 72 and magnificent. Pacino is also 3 years older . I'm just putting this as merrit because they are both superb actors and up in the top 25, its just personal preference here and you gotta respect the boss.

DeNiro, would have to be my choice for personal preference really. Pacino is by all means a highly respected actor in my books, but for variety and talent pales in comparison to DeNiro IMNHO

Huge Fan of Robert De Niro
I voted for De Niro because i just prefer his movies, i love Al Pacino's style of acting but still prefer De Niro through his performances in movies like Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter

I got for good luck my black tooth.
When I read that post and looked at your user title, it made me laugh that you thought you had to explain yourself.

Huge Fan of Robert De Niro
Im not saying anything bad about Al Pacino because i love his movies, i though his role in the movie "Scent of a Woman" which won him an Oscar was amazing, as well as his great role in "The Godfather: Part II" which made his excellent career

now both are great italian-american actors and are both brilliant gangster charcter actors and both have shown that they can play almost any role, but id have to say pacino takes it, scarface, scent of a woman, godfather trilogy, carlitos way, serpico, and justice for all you cant compete with his acting talent and spectrum

Can we try with real bullets now?
DeNiro wins hands down! Jake LaMotta would beat the crap out of Tony Montana and send him home crying to his mama!