Your Favourite Australian Movie

Tools    

Yeah, I dun' seen dat' movee'.

Candy.. Cane.....
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
Mad Max.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Have any of you seen Walkabout?

I highly recommend the film, but beware animal lovers.

Shameless self promotion
Picnic at Hanging Rock

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by fi wilson
Picnic at Hanging Rock
oh yeah! how could i forget that one? i really really liked it a lot!

*drumroll*

Young Einstein!

Ah lurve that there movie!

Arresting your development
*adding lurve to my vocabulary*

Thanks...carry on!

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
The Man From Snowy River

I forgot about that one... and I also liked Quigley Down Under ...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Feed me breadcrumbs
As a Kiwi I'd have to say that Ausies are nothing like Kiwis. They talk funny, and have a strange penchant for Fosters which I could never understand since it tastes terrible, and lacks in alchohol percentage. Hell I dunno how they get pissed on it.

Oh yeah... I like the following Australian films.

Mad Max (the first and second only, the third lacked something)
The Dish
The Jackie Chan flicks (yeah they were really asian, but the movies were so Aussie)
Crackerjack
The Castle
Gallipolie

Yeah, I think thats about it.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
Romper Stomper is one of the most immense films ever, good performance by old russell and steven pollack. Muriels Wedding is also a fave.

"The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" - fantastic Aussie flick! A must see! It's about two drag queens and a transsexual who get a cabaret gig in the middle of the desert. It's funny as hell and very touching. For those men who feel insecure about their sexuality - you perhaps won't like this - or maybe you will LOVE it But there is no sex stuff in this that I recall - it's more about drag queens, not so much about the gay sex stuff. You will have to see it to know what I am talking about. It is good fun and not offensive!

motivationally deficient
[quote=Creed]As a Kiwi I'd have to say that Ausies are nothing like Kiwis. They talk funny, and have a strange penchant for Fosters which I could never understand since it tastes terrible, and lacks in alchohol percentage. Hell I dunno how they get pissed on it.

well i live in West aus .Fosters? who the **** drinks Fosters. Just VB, Tooheys, Carlton, XXXX, etc etc etc . still i do agree with you on Mad Max. and awesome film.

thunderstruck
Chopper
the castle

The End Has Come
The Coca-Cola Kid

Originally Posted by lor83b
The Coca-Cola Kid
That brings back memories! Greta Scacchi and her daughter in the shower was beautifully done.

I just watched a little film on DVD called Japanese Story with Toni Collete and really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Winter
I just watched a little film on DVD called Japanese Story with Toni Collete and really enjoyed it.
Quite a cute movie, i liked it.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I was a fan of Danny Deckchair
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Probaby Romper Stomper

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Was Mad Max an Australian film?

I like those movies.

yes and I love that movie

though" beyond thunder dome" was my fav out of the three
and I guess the little kid in the road warrior was cool to but that was a british co. that made that one though I think all three were shot in Australia hummmm I dont really know

stay gold ponyboy stay gold