The Year of Living Dangerously

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by susan
good list caity

left out
gallipoli
strictly ballroom

Thanks… I've never seen Strictly Ballroom… so I guess I need to add it to my "to see" list... and isn't Shine an Aussie film? I've never seen it either but I think several members have listed it on their favorite's lists…

The Dish
Shine

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Thanks… I've never seen Strictly Ballroom… so I guess I need to add it to my "to see" list... and isn't Shine an Aussie film? I've never seen it either but I think several members have listed it on their favorite's lists…

yes, shine is..and i'm adding it along with paperback romance...

strictly ballroom is an australian version of dirty dancing..i enjoyed it...

"I can't help it..."
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Anyone seen Bad Boy Bubby? I liked that one a lot.
Yeh, that was on my list. It is a really good film.

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused
Chopper is my favorite Oz film by far. Eric Bana is brilliant as the legendary australian crime figure.
Damn! I forgot about that one! Chopper is easily on my my favorites too, but I forgot it somehow...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Either The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith or Ghosts of the Civil Dead.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert
The Dish
Paperback Hero

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Anyone seen Bad Boy Bubby? I liked that one a lot.
Bad Boy Bubby is quite a cult fav here in Australia. When it was released we all walked around saying "be still cat" and "you can call be pop. Hello pop"

It upset a lot of people, but you had to look at the big picture. It was actually having a dig at religion - but everyone kinda missed the point on that!

It was shot at Fox Studios in Sydney, Australia. The entire crew was Australian, it was written and directed by Australians... How Australian do you want it!?
Aha! But the entire crew wasn't Australian was it? Ever heard of Ewan McGregor? On a serious note though that was actually an un-rhetorical question, I really didn't know, no need to snap so much there. Still I would say Aussie films should be based in or on Australia in some way, Moulin Rogue wasn't, and I think that's probably why nobody has put it down as an Australian film. Rupert Murdoch is the heart of Fox because he owns it, on the same rationale everything Fox has done since he took over is Australian. God-damn I'm sick of the word Australian.

Originally Posted by Rjoepenk
Aha! But the entire crew wasn't Australian was it? Ever heard of Ewan McGregor? On a serious note though that was actually an un-rhetorical question, I really didn't know, no need to snap so much there. Still I would say Aussie films should be based in or on Australia in some way, Moulin Rogue wasn't, and I think that's probably why nobody has put it down as an Australian film. Rupert Murdoch is the heart of Fox because he owns it, on the same rationale everything Fox has done since he took over is Australian. God-damn I'm sick of the word Australian.
Hey, I'M AUSTRALIAN! Right, that's it. Outside now. One thing us Aussie's can do is kick ass!!!!

Originally Posted by LillyVon
Hey, I'M AUSTRALIAN! Right, that's it. Outside now. One thing us Aussie's can do is kick ass!!!!
That's right ........... go get em Lilly

Originally Posted by nebbit
That's right ........... go get em Lilly

Thanks Nebbit. Mind if I borrow that chain saw??? I...umm... have something to take care of...

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Rjoepenk
God-damn I'm sick of the word Australian.
That's why I say getting bubblegum stuck in the hairs down under!

Now I think the Australians on this site are going to line up, take numbers and deliver a drop kick to you, Kangaroo Jack style!

Oh, us Aussie's are too relaxed and laid back (and drunk ) to get violent!!