A Non-Instrumental Song Of Mine Featuring Female Vocalist

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I wrote this song months ago and thought about adding vocals very recently. I play the piano, guitar, bass, drums, and other percussion.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
So much better than music by @Swan who just pushes a button.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I like it. Where did you get the vocals from? Nice drumming.

Thank you. I commissioned a woman (friend of a friend) to do some "vocables" - basically singing non-lyrics. She flaked out, so I remembered Clare Torey who sang on Pink Floyd's "The Great Gig In The Sky".. I found the "Vocals Only" video.

Thank you. I commissioned a woman (friend of a friend) to do some "vocables" - basically singing non-lyrics. She flaked out, so I remembered Clare Torey who sang on Pink Floyd's "The Great Gig In The Sky".. I found the "Vocals Only" video.
How does that work with copyright then? Fair use?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
*ring ring*

Good morning, Mr. Matt.

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT YOU HAVE TO COME WITH US

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. If I'm reading you right, you wrote everything except the vocals which are from a Pink Floyd's track. Yeah?

Any chance you got a copy without vocals too? I'd like to hear some more of what you're doing with the instruments if possible. I thought you only played drums!

How does that work with copyright then? Fair use?

There's a section to see which audio is not allowed. Unfortunately, you can't find out the status of videos, so I did it. It's a new YouTube channel (let them delete it) and it's not on any of my CDs. This was just for fun, and to see what her voice could add to my instrumental (which is all I write musically).

Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. If I'm reading you right, you wrote everything except the vocals which are from a Pink Floyd's track. Yeah?

Any chance you got a copy without vocals too? I'd like to hear some more of what you're doing with the instruments if possible. I thought you only played drums!

Thanks for checking it out and commenting - I really appreciate that. I lost an old channel (for uploading movies), so I can a video now for you while I type.

Yes, you are exactly correct. This was a finished song I had for months, and I had been in talks with my cousin's girlfriend about her adding vocables to any song out of any of my 4 CDs. The second after I sent her a song from each of my four CDs, she went completely silent. If she wasn't my cousin's "friend with benefit" (although he just sent me a text telling me he doesn't like her much), I would have wrote an e-mail with a LOT of criticism.

I started playing drums at 11, started a band immediately, since my next-door neighbor (a year younger) also just started to play keyboards, and within weeks, I wrote three songs, and actually recorded them using this old and tiny cassette where you'd put a blank tape, hit RECORD+PLAY, and the built-in tape player mic would pick it up. I sang aloud with no mic, but it didn't sound bad, and I wish I had that tape around. By the time I was 22, I felt I couldn't rely on others, because there's so many bull$hitters in music - guys who say they have played for 20 years (but aren't talented), or liars; people you couldn't depend on, so I knew I'd have to do everything, and I refused to use a computer, no matter how easy they are, and instead used nothing but a microphone, the recording mixer, as well as the main instruments you hear on that song - drums, piano, bass, guitar (and use more).

Here you go..

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
ha, thanks for the post. (and the ynwtf mention!)

yeah, I can hear what's going on more now. much appreciated. to flaky people, yeah there's a lot of that. but, as a terribly flaky person myself, I can be so out of fear and a weird dread of obligation. be gentle there

but that's not what this thread is about. cool music. I want to hear a saxophone there instead of vocals. I'm biased though. keep posting stuff man. i dig it.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

ha, thanks for the post. (and the ynwtf mention!)

yeah, I can hear what's going on more now. much appreciated. to flaky people, yeah there's a lot of that. but, as a terribly flaky person myself, I can be so out of fear and a weird dread of obligation. be gentle there

but that's not what this thread is about. cool music. I want to hear a saxophone there instead of vocals. I'm biased though. keep posting stuff man. i dig it.

Thanks! I'd also love to hear a sax melody on top. I also love horns (not too loud) playing a few notes to add more power on existing riffs or to indicate a chord change stronger.

I'll find a song to upload later. I have 65 released songs - just not sure what to upload. Although, I have one song with a byzantine scale I like. It's very stripped down, just an acoustic and a dumbek.

Here's my first CD... I added them all in order. Hope you enjoy. Please comment - I'm always curious what people think, good or bad. Besides making a good living and the joy of making something great, a big pro would be to see people discussing their favorite songs of mine.. "Na, his 3rd album sucked, but his 4th one was good" or certain songs one likes/dislikes, or critique on a certain instrument, anything...