Black Widow (2021)

→ in
Tools    

Saw this today around 2pm.
Really enjoyed it.
Good fun. Interesting story told.
Feminist, but not in-your-face about it. Comes off naturally.
ScarJo is good. As she would be. Knows this role inside out.
Florence Pugh also great. Possibly the hightlight. Not sure though.
Supporting is also good. Surprised Ray Winestone was in this.
Too much CGI though. Can be obvious at times.
No surprises though. Seems very self-contained.
Overall: A fun time for me.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I tried to watch this last week...turned it off after about 15 minutes.
I'm confused. I get how one would like it, I get how one would dislike it, I get (even better) how one would be indifferent to it. What I don't get is how one could be surprised, either way, by it. It's so what's-written-on-the-can. I mean... first mcu movie ? Or first mcu movie too many ?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'm not into it. It just looks so average, and the're have been so many MCU movies now that it's just all worn out for me. Plus, Scarlett Johannson, publically slammed her own character, and what Marvel has done with the character, so it doesn't make you want to watch a, when the lead actor publically craps on it. Even if the movie is good, you are still turned off by the actor.

This movie is releasing on disney hotstar also. I am waiting for releasing of movie on disnay+ so I can watch.

Maybe it's Scarlett Johansson or her Natasha Romanova. That throughout the whole movie she was boring and unemotional. A generally clumsy heroine. The movie is not about saying goodbye to Natasha Romanoff (she was said goodbye to in Avengers: The Final). It's about getting to know Elena Belova played by Florence Pugh. Whose widow is better than Johansson's widow. And about Russian spies whose concept is just as disgusting as in 'The Red Sparrow'. An attempt to make a dramedy out of spies David Harbor (Red Guardian) Rachel Weiss (Melina Vostokova) and the aforementioned. Who considered themselves a fake. But a family. As an idea it sounds cool. But implemented poorly. Tuskmaster (Olga Kurylenko) programmed to kill super soldiers in a mask with a shield and bow... Wait it's already been done somewhere... This concept is exhausted from that this combo that combines Tuskmaster looks secondary and not about anything. Stand out only Elena and Alexei (special respect to them) as well as a good soundtrack on the opening credits. The film is clichéd and banal. But it can entertain for once.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) takes enough physical punishment to kill a baby elephant, after which she just downs some ibuprofen and she's good as new. Watching this movie, I would have sworn that she is immortal.

Once upon a time the indestructible and invulnerable entity was the villain of the movie (cf. The Terminator, Alien); Black Widow would make a fine antagonist, as she was originally in the comics – as a hero, however, she's too inhuman for us to identify with.

The villains are equally underwhelming, which is unforgivable in a movie that features William Hurt and Ray Winstone, and wastes them both on glorified cameos. Thus, we have to make do with Antonia Dreykov[a] (Olga Kurylenko), alias Taskmaster, who has all the charisma and finesse of the old WCW's Shockmaster.

The movie as a whole seems to take place in a weird alternative reality wherein the Cold War is still booming, but at the same time everyone in Russia — including prison inmates — speaks English fluently. From a certain point on all the main characters start pulling tricks out of their sleeves — including but not limited to a Face/Off — so arbitrarily that Black Widow ends up resembling not so much a Marvel movie as the old Batman TV show.