Batman TV series (1966-1968)

Tools    

Wow, so many memories of this show! I loved how once, when Batman & Robin jumped into the Batmobile and Batman told Robin to fasten his seatbelt and went on to say, straight-faced, that it was important to observe road safety and the law, etc. He was always doing that with Robin.

I loved Eartha Kitt and Lee Meriweather as Catwoman also. Eartha had the best voice (being a great singer) and the absolute best purr or cat growl, whatever the episode called for. I loved it when she did that!

I've heard all kinds of things about the show, true or not, I don't know for sure. I heard that like me, Neil Hamilton took the show completely seriously and would play his part as Commissioner Gordon like it was a drama.

Then there's the famous one about Cesar Romero refusing to shave his mustache when they applied his Joker makeup, which is true because you can see it plain-as-day under the pancake.

I'd get a kick out Batman & Robin being saved at the last minute because, luckily, Alfred remembered to put the "anti-whatever" in their utility belts.

And @Captain Steel, thanks for that stunning pic of Julie Newmar. She was so fine. I was watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers several years back and surprised to find out that she was one of the seven sisters in the film. I know she had a successful film career but I didn't know it included a musical!

@Mesmerized There's a video on YouTube that has all the "window guests" who appeared on Batman.

I looked at the credits for the show on IMDB and was astonished by all the actors who appeared, some famous at the time, some who would later become popular. All-in-all, greatness.

I remember the Sammy Davis one!

I just started disc 1, season 1, episode 1. I'm really gonna love this now, having not seen it at all since I was a kid too young to get it.
Keep us updated on your favourite episodes. I need to restart my box set too.