Loki (Marvel series)

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
He's a god. They are above our petty morals! So good or bad makes no difference.

Star Trek (2009) and the resulting sequels is how you do good time travel/alternate universes. For real, they could not have done a better job with that split.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Watched the first ep, and was not overwhelmed, but it's definitely watchable. The special effects hold it together for me, which keep a basically uninteresting story moving along.

Tom Hiddleston gets to show his range pretty well-- an enjoyable character here who plays it a little for laughs. He can conjure a great evil face and laugh, and is natural at sarcasm.

I didn't know if Owen Wilson could sustain his character. But so far he's good, chiefly because his is a comedic character.

So, the quality of the series will depend upon what follows. I'll be watching...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I thought the first episode was OK, if a little heavy on the exposition/ set-up side of things.

I did thing the whole time bureau thing was pretty similar to the Commission in The Umbrella Academy, though.

Fourth episode out yesterday, caught up here. Pretty good stuff, definitely moving along after the first few episodes set so much up.

I'd like to see them resist the idea of making him too much of a good guy, and I'm still skeptical of the (probably inevitable) move into multiverse stuff and the way it can wipe away significant narrative choices (and rob all narrative choices of weight and import as a result, whether they get walked back or not)...but that kind of shift is always thrilling in the short-term, at least, especially at first.

Fourth episode out yesterday, caught up here. Pretty good stuff, definitely moving along after the first few episodes set so much up.

I'd like to see them resist the idea of making him too much of a good guy, and I'm still skeptical of the (probably inevitable) move into multiverse stuff and the way it can wipe away significant narrative choices (and rob all narrative choices of weight and import as a result, whether they get walked back or not)...but that kind of shift is always thrilling in the short-term, at least, especially at first.
Speaking of making him too much of a good guy. I love Loki, like all Marvel fans seem to, but the only thing that has bothered me about him thought the MCU is characters willingness to get back on board with him and believe him. I realize that’s what makes for some of the good scenes too. Buyt here, Wilson”s character calls him a friend, like what. He and Sylvie basically start having feelings for each other.

He never is honest with anyone but they are always quick to trust him once again. He’s not THAT charming.

Great show though, my favorite one so far.

You ready? You look ready.
Last night's episode made me a believer in this series. Fantastic episode. Excited to see where they go from here.

I've always felt that Loki has unexplained powers of persuasion. Like no matter what he says people believe him again because whatever he is saying he believes until something comes along to change his mind.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Yeah, really good episode. I'm guessing most of you missed this character in the last scene,

I really feel like I want to watch this, but I have the same feeling that’s been mentioned in the Black Widow thread & that I brought up in mine about time travel. Given that I know where he ends up, it does feel a bit irrelevant, not to mention the actor age discrepancy. So odd no way around this sort of thing has been devised yet.

I really feel like I want to watch this, but I have the same feeling that’s been mentioned in the Black Widow thread & that I brought up in mine about time travel. Given that I know where he ends up, it does feel a bit irrelevant, not to mention the actor are discrepancy. So odd no way around this sort of thing has been devised yet.
Not sure I understand your last point. But the series arguably will appeal to those under 40, or those over 40 who have had 3-4 cups of coffee... Lots of fast action, and the story gets a little complex.

Hiddleston is very charismatic as Loki. No matter what he's doing, his persona is magnetic. He's also a crack droll comedian I do think the writers have spread him all over the map, but that won't bother true fans. The special effects are very enjoyable, well done and ubiquitous, which is impressive for a series.

My wife really enjoys the show. I'm equivocal about it, depending upon my mood.

Not sure I understand your last point. But the series arguably will appeal to those under 40, or those over 40 who have had 3-4 cups of coffee... Lots of fast action, and the story gets a little complex.

Hiddleston is very charismatic as Loki. No matter what he's doing, his persona is magnetic. He's also a crack droll comedian I do think the writers have spread him all over the map, but that won't bother true fans. The special effects are very enjoyable, well done and ubiquitous, which is impressive for a series.

My wife really enjoys the show. I'm equivocal about it, depending upon my mood.
I don’t blame you, sometimes I don’t understand that hang-up of mine myself. In short, I find it hard to get emotionally invested in prequels, especially if I know the character dies later.
But I do think Hiddleston owns the character. That was the only reason I got into Marvel at the time. So, yes, might give it a go after all.

I don’t blame you, sometimes I don’t understand that hang-up of mine myself. In short, I find it hard to get emotionally invested in prequels, especially if I know the character dies later.
But I do think Hiddleston owns the character. That was the only reason I got into Marvel at the time. So, yes, might give it a go after all.
Let us know what you think after you've sampled a few eps. I think 1-4 are available currently.

Prediction for the final episode:

WARNING: "Guess about Loki finale" spoilers below
The person behind it all will turn out to be another Loki.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's
WARNING: spoilers below
Miss Minutes. She has the characteristics of that person in mysteries who ends up being the most likely suspect.

A system of cells interlinked
Just caught up with Episode 5 last night. My favorite so far; really fun and creative, at least as far as Marvel stuff goes. Much more entertaining than the dire Marvel flick I watched the previous evening.

Will check out the season finale tonight!

ADMIN EDIT: SPOILERS FOR THE FINALE.

Prediction for the final episode:

WARNING: "Guess about Loki finale" spoilers below
The person behind it all will turn out to be another Loki.

WRONG

Though they kinda did Kang dirty making him silly and not the disaffected menacing monster that he really is.

Thanks for tagging me with an unmarked spoiler. Hopefully I'll still enjoy the finale when I watch it tonight.

It's kind of a no-no to have the big reveal not be someone we know already, but I guess they decided they didn't need this show to be as standalone as some of their other efforts. They're leaning into fan service and easter eggs more over time, it seems.

What's with the all-caps anyway? Are you trying to dunk on a random guess?