Foreign Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

I'd vote to skip the mystery guessing this time around, as there's so many new people that it would be hard for most of us to guess, but...totally up to you.
I'm fine going with whatever the majority wants, or if just a couple people feel strongly about one particular option.

I honestly think it would be easier for me to guess Okay, Scarletlion or Ultraviolence's noms before some of the regulars as they seem to watch foreign films more often.
My film should be pretty easy to guess, since it shares quite a bit in common with a previous nomination of mine.

Here's the last bit of breakdown for the evening, since I'm off to bed now. We have 15 films, which look like this:

1 Dutch Film
2 French Films
2 German Films
1 Italian Film
2 Japanese Films
2 Korean Films
1 Norwegian Film
1 Polish Film
3 Spanish Films

The number of films nominated from the 60s (our earliest decade) is tied with the number of films released since 2010.

No one has nominated a film from my favourite decade in general (the 80s).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have no strong preference on revealing who nominated what. I am hopeless at guessing, so it makes no difference to me!

I am reasonably sure I have never seen a Norwegian film in my life.

The films I didn't nominate were from the 70s (one French and one German). Most of my favourite 80s films are really long, although I'm now thinking I could have picked Au Revoir Les Enfants. In the end I went for something more recent (won't say the country in case we are guessing noms); it's good that there's a spread of nationalities and decades.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
pretty happy to see a Dutch and a Norwegian in the mix, was tempted to do a Norwegian myself.

And yeah, if you want to simply post the reveal, that's cool, Cosmic

I have no strong preference on revealing who nominated what. I am hopeless at guessing, so it makes no difference to me!

I am reasonably sure I have never seen a Norwegian film in my life.

The films I didn't nominate were from the 70s (one French and one German). Most of my favourite 80s films are really long, although I'm now thinking I could have picked Au Revoir Les Enfants. In the end I went for something more recent (won't say the country in case we are guessing noms); it's good that there's a spread of nationalities and decades.
That was one of the few foreign I wouldn't mind re-watching, interesting at the Dutch and Norway but no Sweden so Bergman's out. 3 Spanish films means possibly Almodovar.

And if I wasn't so reticent about re-watches I would have gone Brazil.

Let the night air cool you off
Here is what I almost nominated, before deciding on something else:

Eyes Without a Face
The Earrings of Madame de...
Elevator to the Gallows

I decided on something totally different than those films, and I don't think it will score well, sadly. I do think a few people might love it, but overall I'd still say it's pretty safe that I'll be my own film's highest voter. Not that that is a weird occurrence, but I don't think it's a safe pick.

Here is what I almost nominated, before deciding on something else:

Eyes Without a Face
The Earrings of Madame de...
Elevator to the Gallows

I decided on something totally different than those films, and I don't think it will score well, sadly. I do think a few people might love it, but overall I'd still say it's pretty safe that I'll be my own film's highest voter. Not that that is a weird occurrence, but I don't think it's a safe pick.
Seen those 3; liked all but didn't love them. I believe Gatsby nominated Eyes Without a Face for a specialty HoF unless I'm thinking of something similar.

Eyes Without A Face is excellent. The Earrings of Madame de... has some of the best visuals i've seen but i didn't love it, prefer Letter From An Unknown Woman.

Let the night air cool you off
If anybody wants to guess what film I nominated, I'll give you a clue. I'll either tell you the country or the decade, if you suck really bad at guessing, I'll eventually tell you both.

Don't get too happy about it, as I have a feeling you won't like what I actually did nominate.
Well we'll see I own the other two...

And mine should be very easy to guess based on the clues given in this thread.