Is Daredevil worth a blind buy?

Tools    

I'm either going to get Daredevil or Tomb Raider that week. I have Tomb Raider on tape but have never seen Daredevil. If it's anything like Spider-Man or X-Men then I imagine that I will enjoy it.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Daredevil is great. It'll look good next to blade and spiderman etc. Tombraider? What? I despise it with my despising stick.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
DareDevil is a cool movie, if you've ever read the daredevil comic you'll like it. Be warned: for extras,instead of giving us the full directors cut, they just threw in an Evanescense video.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Do you know my poetry?
Daredevil is gonna be a great 2-disk dvd, I love this film.I like these action scenes better than Spider-Man, I have a couple of super-hero movies and this would go great in my collection, if you dont know the what the features are, here they are :

Commentary by director/screenwriter Mark Steven Johnson and producer Gary Foster

Theatrical trailer(s)

Enhanced viewing mode

On-screen trivia track

Visually impaired track

The Movie:

"Beyond Hell's Kitchen: Making Daredevil" documentary with optional enhanced viewing mode

Jennifer Garner screen test

6 multi-angle scene studies

Kingpin featurette

HBO First Look special

"Moving Through Space: A Day with Tom Sullivan"

3 music videos: "Won't Back Down" by Fuel, "For You" by the Calling, "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence

Still gallery

The Comic Book:

"Men Without Fear: Creating Daredevil" documentary

"Shadow World Tour": an in-depth look at "Daredevil's sight"

Modeling sheets

DVD-ROM: Daredevil #1 virtual comic book, history of the comic book, bios for your favorite heroes and villains, wallpapers, sensory quiz

Widescreen anamorphic format

Number of discs: 2

daredevil is the worst comic book film ever.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong is surprised that people here liked Daredevil. Kong had never heard of such a thing until now.

Daredevil is definitely not worth a blind buy. It's not really even worth renting. Ben Affleck really looks stupid trying to act like he's fighting.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Kong
Kong is surprised that people here liked Daredevil. Kong had never heard of such a thing until now.

Daredevil is definitely not worth a blind buy. It's not really even worth renting. Ben Affleck really looks stupid trying to act like he's fighting.
Kong are you stupid, this movie is great.I cant believe you dont actually think ben affleck is good in this movie.This movie is alot better than Spider-Man.This movie is a good super-hero movie, not like some.This movie I liked more than I expected, I think it was good action, a good story, good acting, the only thing was it was too short.I would of wanted it to be longer.But your telling me ben looks stupid, no way, this movie has great fight scenes too.Tell me what you didn't like instead of ben looking stupid okay?

I See You When You're Sleeping
Director's Cut? Cool! Any idea when that will be released in the u.k ? I hate that terrible evenescence song, it makes me go agghhhhhhhh!

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jrs
The DVD sounds interesting but I'm probably gonna wait for the Director's Cut later this year.
Dude, I seriously doubt there's gonna be a directors cut later this year.I've heard alot of dvd releases and that one is not on the list, this isn't lord of the rings or something that it is gonna come out with another director's cut dvd.All I'm saying is that dont get your hopes on a directors cut cause I'm probably 100 percent that no director's cut will come out this year.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Kong are you stupid, this movie is great.
Kong is stupid just because he doesn't like a movie that you do?

I cant believe you dont actually think ben affleck is good in this movie.
It's just his fighting that Kong has a problem with. His regular acting is okay, not phenomenal, but it's good enough for this type of movie. The fact is though, he doesn't know martial arts very well and he looks wooden. Watch a film with Donnie Yen in it, and then watch Daredevil. You'll see what Kong is talking about.

They did make up for the actors' lack of real fighting abilities by making a lot of the scenes dark, and using lots of cuts though.

This movie is alot better than Spider-Man.
Kong didn't care for Spider-Man either, but did prefer it to Daredevil

But your telling me ben looks stupid, no way, this movie has great fight scenes too.Tell me what you didn't like instead of ben looking stupid okay?
Great fight scenes? Kong definitely likes the fighting in Hero, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Iron Monkey, and various other movies that use real martial artists in them to the faux-kung-fu type of fighting present in this one.

Other problems? If Ben Affleck's character was a private attorney why was he trying a case against a rapist? Do the filmmakers not know anything about the legal system, or do they think their audience is a bunch of numbskulls who don't know that cases are tried by the D.A.'s office? Kong also thought the editing was rather sloppy. The humor wasn't very good. The dialogue was banal. And don't even get Kong started on that corny Elektra in the rain scene. Plus...
WARNING: "Daredevil" spoilers below
Kong liked the fact that the movie had a mostly dark edge to it, but why in the hell did Elektra not stay dead? Kong hates it when movies try and dupe the audience into thinking a character is dead only to resort to some tacky sentimental resurrection. Bah.

For Kong this movie was fairly forgettable, so he doesn't remember too many more specifics.

Oh yeah, Colin Farrell was fun to watch.

I seriously doubt there's gonna be a directors cut later this year.
It must have been delayed because I have found about it all over . From dvdfile.com to ign.com.

Do you know my poetry?
Kong is stupid just because he doesn't like a movie that you do?

It's just his fighting that Kong has a problem with. His regular acting is okay, not phenomenal, but it's good enough for this type of movie. The fact is though, he doesn't know martial arts very well and he looks wooden. Watch a film with Donnie Yen in it, and then watch Daredevil. You'll see what Kong is talking about.

They did make up for the actors' lack of real fighting abilities by making a lot of the scenes dark, and using lots of cuts though.

Kong didn't care for Spider-Man either, but did prefer it to Daredevil

Great fight scenes? Kong definitely likes the fighting in Hero, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Iron Monkey, and various other movies that use real martial artists in them to the faux-kung-fu type of fighting present in this one.

Other problems? If Ben Affleck's character was a private attorney why was he trying a case against a rapist? Do the filmmakers not know anything about the legal system, or do they think their audience is a bunch of numbskulls who don't know that cases are tried by the D.A.'s office? Kong also thought the editing was rather sloppy. The humor wasn't very good. The dialogue was banal. And don't even get Kong started on that corny Elektra in the rain scene. Plus...
WARNING: "Daredevil" spoilers below
Kong liked the fact that the movie had a mostly dark edge to it, but why in the hell did Elektra not stay dead? Kong hates it when movies try and dupe the audience into thinking a character is dead only to resort to some tacky sentimental resurrection. Bah.

For Kong this movie was fairly forgettable, so he doesn't remember too many more specifics.

Oh yeah, Colin Farrell was fun to watch.
I agree with you that other movies do have better fight scene's but it sounds to me like your just pointing out all the bad stuff in this movie, none of the good stuff, it sounds like when you saw the movie you were just trying to see mistakes or bad stuff that were in this great film.

A novel adaptation.

Kong gets reputation points for this one.

Other problems? If Ben Affleck's character was a private attorney why was he trying a case against a rapist? Do the filmmakers not know anything about the legal system, or do they think their audience is a bunch of numbskulls who don't know that cases are tried by the D.A.'s office?
Errr... maybe it was in civil court?
Not much drama to that verdict, though. I wouldn't know either way, I never got around to watching this one.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally Posted by MinionTV
Director's Cut? Cool! Any idea when that will be released in the u.k ? I hate that terrible evenescence song, it makes me go agghhhhhhhh!
The uncut version of DareDevil will be released on 14 July in the UK according to both Total Film and Empire magazines. Although the release was delayed due to international release and I have had to wait another 2 weeks for my copy to arrive.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Originals
daredevil is the worst comic book film ever.
Obviously you've never seen The Punisher, or Fantasic Four, or, dare I say it, Batman and Robin? Craptaculars one and all. After seeing Arnold as Mr. Freeze or Dr. Doom almost pantomiming his muffled dialogue, I say bring on DareDevil!

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I don't think anyone has ever seen the original Fantastic Four movie because it was so bad Marvel didn't want it released. Given the story of why this movie was made, it is doubtful that we will ever see it released officially on video or DVD. eBay always has a few bootleg copies available, but the quality is rarely good.

Perhaps when Fox releases the DVD of the new movie, they will include at least something about this movie in the supplements section

I've seen the first FF film done by director Roger Corman and yes, it was a piece of sh*t ...I agree. Though it me laugh alot. I found it at a Sci-Fi convention for about $10.00 and picked it up.

I know the new one directed by Peyton Reed will be much better.

Didn't see it.
It definitely was not my favorite. I won't be buying it.