Actors who never played villains

Tools    

King of Couch Potatoes
It was an uncredited role, but he played a henchman in Enter the Dragon.

How about Tom Hanks? I wouldn't consider him a villain really in Road to Perdition and that's the only one I can think of that comes close.

DiCaprio? Only thing I can think of is Catch Me If You Can and I'm not sure if I'd qualify that as a villain necessarily. Though he will be a serial killer (I think) in Devil in the White City, so guess that will disqualify him.

Julia Roberts is another I was going to suggest, but she's about to play the evil queen in Snow White. Can't think of a villain role for her before that though.

Brendan Fraser?
Shia LeBouf?
Mel Gibson?
Will Ferrell?
Natalie Portman?

I think there were probably several of the classic era actors that never played villains just because studios wouldn't allow the filmmakers to tarnish the "image" of the actor like that (even if the actor wanted to play a villain). Like the way the studios made Hitchcock change the ending of Suspicion so Cary Grant didn't turn out a villain.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

Keanu Reeves

...I think. Except for 1 or 2 movies...other than that.

Keanu is a serial killer in The Watcher.

Will Ferrell in Zoolander.

Leo DiCaprio played his own evil twin in The Man in the Iron Mask.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	zoolander.jpg
Views:	1899
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	9045   Click image for larger version

Name:	Iron Mask.jpg
Views:	3514
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	9046  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Semper Fooey
Leo DiCaprio was also bad in The Quick and the Dead.

Leo DiCaprio was also bad in The Quick and the Dead.
Say what? He was the son of that movie's villain but not really a villain himself. Hackman was the villian.

I wouldn't call him a villain, per se, but DiCaprio played a pretty unlikable character in Total Eclipse (as poet Arthur Rimbaud opposite David Thewlis as Paul Verlaine).

Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Rachel McAdams, Ashton Kutcher, Will Smith, Ryan Reynolds, Naomi Watts, Ben Affleck. Only names that popped in my head. I don't remember any of these actors playing villians, but I could be wrong.

Semper Fooey
Jimmy Stewart played a murderer early in his career. I won't say what movie it was but it was one of those detective mysteries.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Jimmy Stewart played a murderer early in his career. I won't say what movie it was but it was one of those detective mysteries.
Damn!

Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Rachel McAdams, Ashton Kutcher, Will Smith, Ryan Reynolds, Naomi Watts, Ben Affleck. Only names that popped in my head. I don't remember any of these actors playing villians, but I could be wrong.
Will Smith plays a conman in Six Degrees Of Seperation.

How could you have Rachel McAdams play a villain? You cant She's a Saint

Has Clint Eastwood ever played a villain?
It depends on how you define the word "villain." Clint Eastwood has played a lot of anti-heroes, but I would define a villain as someone who the audience actively roots against, and who causes harm to others for no other reason but to enrich himself. I don't consider Eastwood to be a villain in "The Beguiled." He plays the women against each other, but he does so mostly for his own survival, not out of an organic desire to cause harm to them. I think the closest Eastwood has ever come to portraying a villain is in "Unforgiven." In that film, he plays a mercenary with a villainous past, but even in that film, he goes out on one last kill to punish the men who cut up a prostitute, so his motivation, at least ostensibly, is somewhat noble. I don't think the audience actively roots against William Munny in "Unforgiven" either, so under my personal definition, Eastwood has never portrayed a classic villain, no.

He was getting a new start for his kids, good for him...

Has John Wayne played a Villain???

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Hate to go obvious but Michael Cera. He probably never will play a villain...because he always plays Michael Cera.

Hate to go obvious but Michael Cera. He probably never will play a villain...because he always plays Michael Cera.

Well in Youth In Revolt Francois was pretty much a villain.

This is tough. I've been racking my brains and the only one I can think of is... Steven Segal.
Can't remember any movie where he doesn't go on a relentless march of victory to avenge someone he cared about.

Did Bruce Lee ever play a baddie? Don't think he did...