What the f...

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Lindsay Lohan to play Liz Taylor in Lifetime film

Updated: Apr 23, 2012 - 16:05PM

NEW YORK -Lindsay Lohan will portray Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime film about her love affair with actor Richard Burton.

Lifetime on Monday made official a casting decision rumored for months. The network says Lohan will star in "Liz & Dick," with production set to begin in early June.

There was no mention of who will play Burton or when the film will air.

Taylor and Burton met as co-stars of the 1963 epic "Cleopatra." They fell in love as the world looked on, left their respective spouses and got married. Then they divorced, only to remarry and divorce again.

In recent years the 25-year-old Lohan has gained her own measure of notoriety. "Liz & Dick" represents a step in her attempted career comeback.

Is this really that big a deal? Maybe it's because I don't really care about Liz Taylor, but it's not as if they've made a $200m film based on the game Battleships, is it?... What's that?... Oh, ****.

I agree with the first half of HKs post. Who cares? Is this going to somehow tarnish one of the women? Is it really that tragic that Lohan is playing her?

Personally, I don't think Lohan is a bad actress. She's just a stupid person who got far to caught up in the idea of being a celebrity. Maybe, one day she can come back from the edge and prove she has talent. Maybe this will be the film. Plenty of other celebs have done so. Carrie Fisher and (HK!) Drew Barrymore pulled it off.

Semper Fooey
When did Carrie Fisher prove that?

She can write, but she still can't act.

We'll see when the thing comes out, but unless she is doing a good voice change, Lohan hardly seems natural casting for Taylor with her quasi British accent.

When did Carrie Fisher prove that?

She can write, but she still can't act.

I said prove they have "talent". It doesn't matter in what.

I was talking more about people getting over substance abuse and what have you than becoming talented actors, anyway.

that's what she said...
I am guessing, Channing Tatum or Shia LaBeauf for Burton?
OMG OMG OMG they better NOT have Shia LaBeauf for Burton. I seriously will start a strike.

Other than that, I really think Emma Stone would have make a great Taylor rather than Lindsay. I want her to have a second chance in acting and all, but there are other great actresses who would have been perfect for the part.

On a side note : Shia LaBeauf is my #1 celeb crush and I dont want him ANYWHERE NEAR Lindsay Lohan. Especially to co-star with her as her lover. I could never think of him the same if that was so. I've already "forgiven" him for his minor mistakes but if his lips EVER touch hers.... well then I guess I'd have to make Jesse Eisenberg my new #1 celeb crush!

I don't know. I don't see it as the right choice. Maybe there is some facial resemblance but that's about it. Lindsey is way out of her debth.
I guess I'll have to see it to believe it.
I kind of feel that Liz deserves a more proven actress or someone yet undiscovered that shows great talent.
Casper Van Dien did a good James Dean in 1997 and James Franco did a better one in 2001, but let's face it, there was only one James Dean.