Space movies!!

Tools    

No Himmelskibet [A Trip To Mars] on that list

Yeah, I was really pleasantly surprised by Europa Report.

While I didn't love it, I think Ad Astra deserves a mention.

I would also add Moon, High Life, Zathura, Solaris, Prospect (okay it mostly takes place on a planet, but I really dig this one!), and Dark Star.
Dark Star it's unique. It's production values might be B budget, but it's creativity is high. Loved the talking, philosophical 'smart bomb' and the slooooow talking, frozen head of the Captain. Yikes!

Dark Star it's unique. It's production values might be B budget, but it's creativity is high. Loved the talking, philosophical 'smart bomb' and the slooooow talking, frozen head of the Captain. Yikes!
Yes, I thought that, unlike MANY films, the final act was the strongest. It just went all in on being strange and I loved it.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
WALL·E (2008)
The Last Starfighter (1984)
Galaxy Quest (1999)
Spaceballs (1987)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)

There's lots of good cheesy ones from the 80s: Ice Pirates, Forbidden World, Galaxina, Spacehunter, Saturn 3. Definitely recommended for certain senses of humor.

My not-so-guilty but unpopular suggestion would be the first Star Trek: The Motion Picture, best taken as a stand-alone.

uh, Flash Gordon.
Great Space Movie

Some of these are on other planets, I hope that counts as "in space". Here are a few you might enjoy:

Alien (1979)
Apollo 18 (2011)
Pandorum (2009)
The Last Days on Mars (2013)
Doom (2005)
Screamers (1995)
Life (2017)
Event Horizon (1997)
Jason X (2000)