Lets Talk Football

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Nuts, pure nuts. It's been a good Euros so far

(I like the theory that it's because of the 6 subs, and everyone piling on fresh attacking players against tired defenders. But I'm all for goals either way )

No ways the England vs Germany game can match Monday for drama, but let's hope they try

You jinxed it .... prolly be
  • 90 mins: England 0 - 0 Germany
  • 120 mins: England 0 - 0 Germany
  • pens: England 0 - 1 Germany
now

there's a frog in my snake oil
Hey, as a Spurs fan, I feel like I just watched the Champions league final run all in one day. And we all know how that final went

(And we should probably treat any game against Germany as our final )

But ach, there'll be drama, no worries

What has Jadon Sancho done? Has Ole asked Gareth not to play him in case he gets injured? Just seen the team... I think I'm in for a long game.

Can't understand why those that booed the German National Anthem didn't then also boo the England team for taking a knee. Oh the irony.
Really hope Germany win now.

edit: Oh well, the England players deserved the win on the balance of play.

England should be smooth sailing to the final.
I really hope that's said with sarcasm or irony. You know England, right?

Assuming that Gareth continues to play the way he has, then Ukraine might be a better opponet than the Swedes would've been? The Swedes are disciplined and would've sat and waited for England (a bit like the last time we played them) while the Ukrainians have a couple of players which might want to break out and take us on. Hopefully that'll provide us with some opportunites.

A) England was better than Denmark, especially in extra time.

B) England was lucky to get a very soft penalty.

Never ever a penalty. Come on Italy in the final. If England win, we will never hear the end of it. Puke.

Christmas came early, even if it was the better side over the 120 that went through.
Had a tickle on Italy to win it during the group stages, think it could very possibly be a tight match but hope they can do it as the wife makes me 'watch' (listen to) an awful lot of the BBC News Channel.

Never ever a penalty. Come on Italy in the final. If England win, we will never hear the end of it. Puke.
If we win it we won't hear the end of it either.

Soft penalty, definitely, and even after all the replays last night I still wasn't completely sure, but I did think it was a penalty in real time, so I can understand why it wasn't overturned.

Pickford looked the most Pickford he has looked all tournament. I hope it's a one off. We can definitely beat Italy. I don't think we will, but in every game they've given up a couple of really good chances and if we can take advantage of one of more of those, we'll have a great chance.

Although we conceded a goal (and I was worried last night to see how we'd react if/when we went a goal down and that was a good reaction) it wasn't really a defensive mistake which cost us. It was a good freekick but Pickford, again, was at fault. Another good defensive performance with a calm Pickford in goal is our only real chance to win, IMO.

Not to be a wet blanket, but the soft penalty/not a penalty issue is small potatoes next to the criminal decision to allow so many people into England and Wembley for the semis and the final. I love football, I love crowds at matches, but given the rising rates in England right now, it's madness.

Not to be a wet blanket, but the soft penalty/not a penalty issue is small potatoes next to the criminal decision to allow so many people into England and Wembley for the semis and the final. I love football, I love crowds at matches, but given the rising rates in England right now, it's madness.

True this so much. And with Bozo declaring that completely exit all restrictions in like a weeks' time really underlines the madness. Here in Scotland there has been a massive spike in cases and while this is partly because of the seeded Delta variant that has taken root in Glasgow, it's no co-incidence that the spike has likewise followed from when so many Scottish fans went down to London and it's believed a lot of them came back and have spread it. In a news report earlier this week, Scotland now has 6 of the top 10 hoy spots for covid in all of Europe, and just before that game, apart from Glasgow we were doing pretty well and had it well in hand. :/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-57712737

Due to get my second jag this weekend, and can't come soon enough.

Can’t wait until Sunday for the final at 3 p.m. Eastern time. Will have to sign up for ESPN streaming again & presume their coverage won’t be free like it is for the World Cup. Whatever.

So excited for England to win & will be mighty disappointed if they don’t. Because I know they can do this.

They can, but they probably won't. That said, I haven't thought this much of an England team since I was young enough to know better. I've never seen us in a final, so I'm already happy with what they've done, but to see them lift a trophy would be fantastic.