Challenge: One Film for every Country

Tools    

Imma need the lyrics to that Animaniacs song to even participate in this thread.

Is that map part of Letterboxd's Pro version? If yes, are there any other interesting or cool features that would make paying for that service reasonable?
I believe it is. I haven't jumped to the Pro version yet, but as far as I've read, it has tons of cool stats to dive through.

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Imma need the lyrics to that Animaniacs song to even participate in this thread.
Lmao They surely don’t make educational cartoons like they used to.

Here’s looking at you, kid.
Is that map part of Letterboxd's Pro version? If yes, are there any other interesting or cool features that would make paying for that service reasonable?
Lots of cool stats, drop down banners for your lists and profile, more capabilities to making lists easier (main reason I payed for it is for lists), a lot more capabilities as well that I don’t take advantage of.....

The trick is not minding
Update!
Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  
[/quote]

The trick is not minding
@Wyldesyde19 I find it hard to believe you haven't yet watched an American film
Oops. Fixed haha.
I always just took that one for granted. Also added a few more that I had forgotten. Thailand for example.

Belgium - The Memory of a Killer (2003)
Guatemala - Volcano (2015)
Netherlands - Black Book (2006)
Norway - Headhunters (2011)
Paraguay - 7 Boxes (2012)

The trick is not minding
Minor Update
Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

Also answers to Jabba
Time for an update on this, as I have been on a roll with watching movies for this challenge.

In the past month I caught films from Suriname, Bolivia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cameroon and Jamaica.

I also watched a documentary from Ethiopia and a short film from Antigua and Barbuda which will serve as placeholders until I manage to somehow track down one of the handful of feature films that the aforementioned countries have produced.

I also did quite a bit of research and managed to find films from around a dozen new countries that I had all but given up hope for. At some point I will lay down a list of the countries and films I have found but have yet to watch. Till then, all input is welcome as usual.

That would be a bigger challenge for me. Whenever I try new directors, I try to watch at least three of their films. And if I haven't already, I try to remedy it. For example, since I've seen Little Buddha, I'm gonna watch The Conformist and another Bertolucci film.

Wow, hadn't checked this thread in a year, so here's some notable updates in bold red...

This is all-time, so not very impressive...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Also answers to Jabba
For anyone interested, Criterion is doing a Reggae theme for February so it's your chance to watch Jamaican films, which I couldn't really find anywhere else up until now.

Also answers to Jabba
Used this week to further progress this challenge and managed to find and watch films from the following countries; Samoa, Fiji, Grenada and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

All of them are available online for those interested (check OP for titles) although The Orator from Samoa was the only one worth a watch.

Also answers to Jabba
It's been a few weeks since my last update. Since then, Cuba, Netherlands, Kuweit, Solomon Islands and Laos have been completed.

Another call for everyone to participate in this and post their lists in the thread.

Also answers to Jabba
I spent a lot of time in the past two weeks trying to track down films from some of the more obscure countries out there (in regards to film industry development) and I was pleased to find that with enough digging around, most of my efforts have yielded results. This is actually starting to look pretty doable. Definitely not 100% since there are nations out there that have never produced a film, but quite close to it. Right now I have around 50 countries for which I have not found anything, or have found films without subtitles. If anyone feels like helping me out in tracking some of the the hardest cases out there I would appreciate it.

In the past two weeks I watched films from Niger, Nigeria, Montenegro, North Korea and Slovakia.

Also answers to Jabba
Update for last month: Togo, Gabon, Philippines, Lebanon and Namibia added to my list.

Standouts include Dole from Gabon, which was a decent enough story centering around crime as a result of poverty. Insiang from the Philippines was a truly excellent film and one of the best I have watched all year. I heavily recommend it, as would Martin Scorsese, since it is part of his World Cinema Project.

Update, as of May 2022...

This is all-time, so not very impressive...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Also answers to Jabba
Crossed off Tonga, Thailand, Burkina Faso, Tunisia as well as a documentary from Palau -which is to my knowledge the only piece of media that would qualify for this challenge- since my last update.