Teams (actor and actor or actor director)

Tools    

John Carpenter and Kurt Russell

Quentin Tarantino with Samuel L. Jackson

There must be quite a few. Some of my favourites that haven't been mentioned yet and the number of films they did together:

Olivia de Havilland & Errol Flynn - 8

Federico Fellini & Marcello Mastroianni - 7

Alfred Hitchcock & Cary Grant - 4

Jesse Hibbs & Audie Murphy - 6

Ingrid Bergman & Roberto Rossellini - 6

Humphrey Bogart & Lauren Bacall - 4

John Ford & John Wayne - 24

Grace Kelly & Alfred Hitchcock - 3

Federico Fellini & Anita Ekberg - 4

Humphrey Bogart & James Cagney - 3

Dan Duryea & Audie Murphy - 3

Tony Curtis & Janet Leigh - 6

Ingrid Bergman & Alfred Hitchcock - 3

Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp

John Ford & John Wayne - 24
Nothing even comes close to this duo

I feel like Paul Giamatti and Billy Cruddup might be here too

John Ford directing John Wayne.

There's the obvious, famous "Cavalry Trilogy", consisting of Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, and Rio Grande.

My personal favorite collaborations are Stagecoach, The Searchers, Rio Grande, The Quiet Man, and 3 Godfathers.

Ford had a whole stock company of actors he cast repeatedly, including John Wayne, Mildred Natwick, Maureen O'Hara, Hank Worden, Ken Curtis; Harry Carey, Jr.; Victor McLaglen, Andy Devine, Paul Fix, Ben Johnson, Ward Bond, Barry Fitzgerald, and many more that I can't think of.

John Ford directing John Wayne.

There's the obvious, famous "Cavalry Trilogy", consisting of Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, and Rio Grande.

My personal favorite collaborations are Stagecoach, The Searchers, Rio Grande, The Quiet Man, and 3 Godfathers.

Ford had a whole stock company of actors he cast repeatedly, including John Wayne, Mildred Natwick, Maureen O'Hara, Hank Worden, Ken Curtis; Harry Carey, Jr.; Victor McLaglen, Andy Devine, Paul Fix, Ben Johnson, Ward Bond, Barry Fitzgerald, and many more that I can't think of.
Nice choice! Are you a fan of John Ford or John Wayne films? I've been watching John Wayne films recently and just rewatched 3 Godfathers...such a good movie!