the greatest horror film ever made

Tools    

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Nitzer
shining wasn't scary at all. well i mean yeah that one part where you see the old granny naked *shivers* it kind of sucked actually i think. way over rated. ive never seen polergeist and everyone says its so scary, i was at the video store the other and i wanted to get it but when i looked at the back it had a PG rating. so i put it down, went over to the other shelf and got Naked Lunch. I'll never let ratings stop me from getting a movie ever again. Naked Lunch was awful.
The book The Shining scared the bejeebus outta me.
The movie is scary only as a cautionary tale about letting a movie-star's persona overpower the writer's story.

Originally Posted by FallsAngel
Okay. The greatest horror movie EVER made is THE EVIL DEAD. Mainly because it is so raw and visually stunning. It achieves shock value and campiness. It introduced us to the now legendary actor Bruce Cambell and the directing talents of Sam Raimi. It was shot on a low budget and still manages to have plenty of effects that would be done with computer today. It captured my imagination the very first time I saw it. The colors are dazzling and the set is great. The movie is amazing. A truely timless piece of cinematic magic.
I agree. It's up there, no question.

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I saw the new Dawn of the Dead recently, and that was great. Never got a chance to see the original though.

Also, Child's Play scared the ****e out of me when I was a little kid.
The Original Dawn of the Dead is my favorite Movie of all time and is my choice for best Horror film ever made. Roger Ebert said the same thing so I can't be that off, right? There's a big big difference between the new one and the original and if you do choose to watch the original, you have to forget completely about the newer horror movies and its predecessor. The original is stunning, grand, wide-scope, and brilliantly scripted. It could've used a larger budget but everything is there. It's a movie however you have to put yourself into the time the movie was made and what movie were like then. It's much more raw than new horror movies and not nearly as polished as the new one but boy, what a script, cast, and amount of violence! Theres this one scene in the beginning, in the apartments where you just knew that horror would never be the same again after that moment of cinema.

SPOILER! T=spacing THTETBTLTOTWTSTATNTITNTOTCTETNTTGTUTSTHTETATDTOTFTFTWTITTTHTATSTHTOTGTUTNT!T

And this is my BOOMstick!
Has anyone seen "Resurrection"? It has Christopher Lambert in it, and is also one of the scariest and most disturbing movies I have ever seen. Check it out, it's well worth the watch.

can't say i have

The scariest horror movie in my book is The Shining, but my favorite horror is Halloween.

The Blair Witch Project is the only horror movie that can cause gosseflesh to break out on my arms even after all these years.

Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist, and The Omen are my follow-ups.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
really, Don't get me wrong... I love the Halloween movies, but i didn't really think that they were scary, more to say that they were scary, but didn't scare me, if that makes any sense
i was always scared of halloween movies because when i was 3 i watched the movie and was scared to death

The greatest horror movie of all-times would either have to be Night of the Living Dead or Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
My favorite is Alien.

If you're a fan of horror you should really check out Eyes Without A Face.

Comfortably Numb
Im still gonna have to go with nightmare on elm st 1. it was far more superior then the other ones
I have become comfortably numb

naturally, i'm still gonna have to stick by Halloween, but i'm keeping my eye on SAW a new psych thriller

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by Michael_myers
naturally, i'm still gonna have to stick by Halloween, but i'm keeping my eye on SAW a new psych thriller
That looks psychodellic. Judging by the trailer, it will be a really disturbing movie. The most distrurbing film I've ever seen has got to be "Ressurection" with Christopher Lambert, let's see if this beats it.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
The best ones you should see:

" The Evil Dead".
" Psycho" ( original, not crap remake).
" Dawn of the Dead" ( Both 1978 and recent remake).
" Evil Dead 2".
" Dead Alive" ( a.k.a. Braindead).
" Vampire Hunter D".
" Re-Animator".
" Scream".
" The Shining".
" The Others".
" Maniac ( 1980)".
" Friday The 13th" ( parts 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, Jason Goes To Hell).
" Nightmare on Elm Street" ( parts 1, 3, 4 and Freddy's Dead).
" Freddy Vs. Jason".
"Scanners".
" Demons".
"Day of the Dead".
" Suspiria".
" Child's Play 2" better than the first.
" Bride of Chucky" ( Can't wait for Seed of Chucky).
" Phenomena ( Dario Argento)".
" Zombie".
" City of the Living Dead".
" House By The Cemetery".
" Final Destination 1 & 2".
" Last House on The Left".
" Return of the Living Dead Trilogy".
" Exorcist".
" Videodrome".
" The Thing ( 1982)".
"Aliens".
" Ichi The Killer".
" The Beyond".

Originally Posted by Johnlindsey289
The best ones you should see:

" The Evil Dead".
" Psycho" ( original, not crap remake).
" Dawn of the Dead" ( Both 1978 and recent remake).
" Evil Dead 2".
" Dead Alive" ( a.k.a. Braindead).
" Vampire Hunter D".
" Re-Animator".
" Scream".
" The Shining".
" The Others".
" Maniac ( 1980)".
" Friday The 13th" ( parts 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, Jason Goes To Hell).
" Nightmare on Elm Street" ( parts 1, 3, 4 and Freddy's Dead).
" Freddy Vs. Jason".
"Scanners".
" Demons".
"Day of the Dead".
" Suspiria".
" Child's Play 2" better than the first.
" Bride of Chucky" ( Can't wait for Seed of Chucky).
" Phenomena ( Dario Argento)".
" Zombie".
" City of the Living Dead".
" House By The Cemetery".
" Final Destination 1 & 2".
" Last House on The Left".
" Return of the Living Dead Trilogy".
" Exorcist".
" Videodrome".
" The Thing ( 1982)".
"Aliens".
" Ichi The Killer".