MoFo Fantasy Football 2011 - Week 9

Tools    

well, i kicked butt this week, and I should for the foreseeable future. I'm showing you dont need rbs to do well in a ppr league
I will never draft 3 RBs in the first three round ever again. Never ever! Grrr

Last year I went heavy on WRs in the draft but chose unwisely. Went NYG Steve Smith (pre-Hicks emergence), Miles Austin (pre-Dez arrival), and Percy Harvin (after Sidney Rice left I thought Harvin would get the same #'s, a season so bad even Favre stayed retired).

There is no sure way to draft. Next time rather than plan, Ill be more flexible and just judge whats available when its my turn.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I cant say i expected to be sitten on a lead entering tonights pivotal MNF matchup, but i'll take it.

Petey is in an interesting situation, what with His Mike Vick facing his Chicago defense. Hopefully they can cannibalize themselves enough, while Forte does his thang.

I wouldn't draw from that the conclusion that you don't need RBs; for one, you drafted S-Jax and played him for a month. For another, your point total coming into this week was 8th, which is perfectly respectable but technically just below average (I think you'll be 7th after this week; technically just above average).

Also, Rodgers has been historically good, even above and beyond what one usually expects in investing a 1st round pick in a top QB. That covers a lot of other holes. A dearth at RB would stick out a bit more if he were merely very good, rather than fantastic.

But I guess we'll see. Technically you just need to get into the playoffs and anything can happen.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
last year I had Andre, Roddy, and Jennings. And literally nothing else. I mean nothing. Felix Jones was probably my 4th best player, and he wasn't that great last year. I made playoffs that year too. But who knows, maybe it's just a crapshoot.

well, i kicked butt this week, and I should for the foreseeable future. I'm showing you dont need rbs to do well in a ppr league

Says Captain obvious. But might I point out Cap'n that this theory only holds true if your receivers are like really good and junk? Receivers put up goose eggs far more often than a decent RB does.

i wont be surprised in the least if Shady McCoy is off the board next season by 3rd selection max.

that kid is special.

last year I had Andre, Roddy, and Jennings. And literally nothing else. I mean nothing. Felix Jones was probably my 4th best player, and he wasn't that great last year. I made playoffs that year too. But who knows, maybe it's just a crapshoot.
Your point total was 7th then, too, actually. But yeah, it's the same as the Rodgers thing: if you can literally own 3 of the top 7 WRs in a 14-team league (which is what those 3 were last year in PPR), then yes, you can at least somewhat get away with some holes. But that's a tricky thing to rely on, and the upside appears to be league average point totals even if you get it.

A system of cells interlinked
i wont be surprised in the least if Shady McCoy is off the board next season by 3rd selection max.

that kid is special.
I payed close attention to him last season, as I watched him carry Juno's team on more than one occasion. Here's the thing - If I had landed in first in the draft, I STILL would have grabbed him, mostly due to the fact that AP was off-limits due to a household rule...and I wasn't grabbing a Titan...

Meanwhile, I pull off a big win against the first place team and I drop a slot...SCORE!

Well having owned Forte, id put him in the same category.

Mccoy and Forte are the equivalent of MJD and CJ of a few years back.

As to the standings, considering ive 100pts more against that Yodes, i'm feelin darn fortunate to be holdin down the 2nd spot.

Getting a Victory subbing Ochostinko for Calvin Johnson is surreal.