110 artist(e)s that helped shape my musical taste

Tools    

Master of My Domain
Indeed it was ..... talking of which are we getting the next one in your list this weekend?
I'll a post a few tomorrow.

Willie Nelson - Can I Sleep In Your Arms

Another early introduction to country music for me and one I have huge respect for not only for the music but also for being a bit of a maverick.

Wishbone Ash - Sometime World

For me one of the powerhouse groups in the history of rock but sadly seem to be marginalised or forgotten in the main these days. Their harmonies in vocals are nice enough but it's the sublime guitarwork with joint leads that really set them apart.

Xmal Deutschland - Orient

Post-punk outfit that I actually discovered whilst living in Germany though oddly they were better received elsewhere so sadly never got to see them live which was a real shame as lead singer Anja Huwe was a major crush of mine.

Yazoo - Nobody's Diary

Ms. Moyet's vocals are simply delightful whilst Mr. Clarke wrote hooks that were often simple but effective and like The Eurythmics they just compliment each other perfectly imo.

I know the thread title says 110 artist(e)s and all one hundred and ten of those have now been listed but there actually is one more entry to go and for me no list of musical influences could ever be without it no matter how small or long that list ....

John Peel R.I.P.

This man was a musical lifeline to me, as I suspect he was to countless others too. In a pre-internet world where discovering new music that wasn't 'fed to the masses' by the record companies and the mainstream media working hand in hand was very much a labour of love - this man was the maverick who played music outside of that collaborative corporate 'lock-down'.

Were it not for him the musical landscape would have been dramatically less rich and some of the finest hours of my youth were spent in bed with a radio and earpiece long after I was supposed to have been asleep. Sadly gone for over a decade but never forgotten.

Totally agree with your last post Chyp. John Peel was a one off, a broadcasting genius with a fantastic range of tastes. Much loved and much missed.