Favorite Movies That Are On YouTube

Tools    

Marquis. It's in parts, but the whole glorious thing is available with English subtitles. It's guaranteed to blow your mind.

O.k... I am so showing that for Bad Movie Night. Thanks. That was insane!

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)

I'm not sure that it is still there, but I watched the Spectacular Now with Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley on youtube, it's much more modern than the other movies I've seen on here but I think it's a really good story and I think Teller is a very underrated actor.

Van Damme movies!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Some saint among men uploaded the Criterion editions of: Blast of Silence (1961), Kiss Me Deadly (1955), Night and the City (1950), and Pickup on South Street (1953).

Edit: Not criterion editions, but also Kiss of Death (1947) and Cry Danger (1951) are on youtube as well.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Some saint among men uploaded the Criterion editions of: Blast of Silence (1961), Kiss Me Deadly (1955), Night and the City (1950), and Pickup on South Street (1953).

Edit: Not criterion editions, but also Kiss of Death (1947) and Cry Danger (1951) are on youtube as well.
Nice.. Only saw a few of those.. I've also noticed a lot of DVD extras on YouTube (The Battle of Algiers).

Come Back, Little Sheba

Körkarlen aka The Phantom Carriage (1921)

Another indisputable silent era masterpiece like The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. Definitely worth to check it out.

Liquid Sky
Great freaky film. Used to see this at the midnight show in the East Village back in the day.
October by Eisenstein!

The Battle of Algiers (Criterion) -- my #7 of all-time

I haven't saw this, but the man who recommended it has great taste.

Since You Went Away

Almost every movie link on this thread to Youtube has been removed from Youtube's site.

I just checked and very few of these movies stil remain. Posting a movie link is like killing the movie. Unless it's in the public domain, and most of these weren't.

I saw a handful of movies still around... I praise all the MoFos who posted, because even 40 views is more than enough, as opposed to 0 probability.

I saw a handful of movies still around... I praise all the MoFos who posted, because even 40 views is more than enough, as opposed to 0 probability.
Matt, go to the start of this thread and click on each video...the majority of Youtube movies have been removed..and some of that might be because of this thread.

I've seen this happen 3 or 4 times in Hofs, someone will post a youtube link to be helpful, a couple days later it's been removed for copyright violations. It's happened to many times to be a coincidence.

I view that as a big loss All those movies links that have been removed are now a lost chance for others to see them. It would be better just to mention great movies to watch, most of us know how to find them on the internet. Or better yet, post links to the legal public domain sites, such as the Internet Archive which is all public domain so won't be removed.

Matt, go to the start of this thread and click on each video...the majority of Youtube movies have been removed..and some of that might be because of this thread.

I've seen this happen 3 or 4 times in Hofs, someone will post a youtube link to be helpful, a couple days later it's been removed for copyright violations. It's happened to many times to be a coincidence.

I view that as a big loss All those movies links that have been removed are now a lost chance for others to see them. It would be better just to mention great movies to watch, most of us know how to find them on the internet. Or better yet, post links to the legal public domain sites, such as the Internet Archive which is all public domain so won't be removed.

The post is 4 years old... Some people delete videos, or delete their accounts.. For example, years ago, I had a TON of movies posted, and when I tried to log in Europe, it asked me questions/passwords I didn't know, and poof they went.... Every day, thousands of movies are uploaded, and I imagine many are deleted, some who try to monetize things they have no rights to.... I would never upload a movie that is already online, so I only see that as a win-win. Do you think there are eyes on this site?

EDIT: I'll have to PM you, as there are things I can't mention on here... I also looked at the old post, "Favorite YouTube Videos" - where 99% are video clips, and almost half are deleted there, too.

The post is 4 years old... Some people delete videos, or delete their accounts.. For example, years ago, I had a TON of movies posted, and when I tried to log in Europe, it asked me questions/passwords I didn't know, and poof they went.... Every day, thousands of movies are uploaded, and I imagine many are deleted, some who try to monetize things they have no rights to.... I would never upload a movie that is already online, so I only see that as a win-win. Do you think there are eyes on this site?
No I don't think so.

For everyone of us active MoFos who post, there are 1000s of guest users who never make an account but do read MoFo. MoFo is a big sight and draws a lot of views.

If you want people to see the movies that you love, and you'd like to discuss them, you need to join an Hof. I just don't see much discussion taking place on this thread, or on most any list your favorite movies thread. Personally I've gotten tired of listing my favorite movies, as almost zero conversation comes of it.