THE SILVER SCREEN

Tools    

It is the Hollywood hills prior to building the Dream Factory. I will disband this thread if nobody posts in next 48hrs.
I look at each photo question that is posted. But they're so hard that I can't guess usually.

This man was very influential in the early days of the Los Angeles and Hollywood movie industry. He was not an actor, producer, or mogul. What was he so very famous for?

I look at each photo question that is posted. But they're so hard that I can't guess usually.
What is point of making it too easy. Where is the enjoyment in that. It is up to you to ask questions in order to nut out the problem. I call it the fun of the chase orson. Doc and I will attempt not to make it too difficult for you with obscure pics.

This man was very influential in the early days of the Los Angeles and Hollywood movie industry. He was not an actor, producer, or mogul. What was he so very famous for?

So who is this mystery man.. Did he own then sell the land that built Hollywood?

No, it wasn't Loew. This man had theaters in San Francisco and San Jose, but it was his "Million Dollar Theater" opened in downtown L.A. in 1918 that started him into eventually becoming an recognizable name.

If y'all don't get it from here, you're simply too lazy...

No, it wasn't Loew. This man had theaters in San Francisco and San Jose, but it was his "Million Dollar Theater" opened in downtown L.A. in 1918 that started him into eventually becoming an recognizable name.

If y'all don't get it from here, you're simply too lazy...
Grauman, but he hardly looks Chinese

Bingo! First the Million Dollar Theater in L.A., then he moved to Hollywood Blvd. with El Capitan, then the Egyptian, and only then the Chinese (Grauman's Chinese Theater).

I thought it was interesting that the move by Grauman to build theaters in Hollywood was considered a large contributing factor to the development and popularity of Hollywood.

~Doc

P.S. You're up again. Such a busy lad!

...You're up again. Such a busy lad!
Yeah, I'm busy alright I have to go back to work like in 3 minutes But OK, I'll try to post something for ya'all.

Who are these Hollywood people and what are they collectively famous for?

Yeah, I'm busy alright I have to go back to work like in 3 minutes But OK, I'll try to post something for ya'all.

Who are these Hollywood people and what are they collectively famous for?

they are all using a phone .. are they Hollywood reporters?

they are all using a phone .. are they Hollywood reporters?
No. I'll give you a clue. There all family members and collectively they have had their names on movie credits more often than probably anyone else.