Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

That's cool. Are you thinking of adopting it yourself?
No I don't want another pet at this time but we'll make sure it's taken care of. The last cat I trapped, they got if fixed and found a home for it. The cat before, which was younger and I trapped myself, I was able to tame it and my in-laws took it. Once this cat trusts me more, I'll have the lady bring me the trap. They'll fix this one and see if it's suitable for a home. If it's too wild, they'll bring it back to me so it can live outside our home. If that happens, I'll have to set up an outdoor shelter. I had a cat door put in the garage a couple of years ago, but these ferals don't use it.

@cricket, good for you. Only problem with cat doors is that other critters can also use it.

Yep a young coon came in
OMG. Did you see my post last week when I said a humongous raccoon was outside my front door?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OMG. Did you see my post last week when I said a humongous raccoon was outside my front door?
No, but I take it you're not used to them coming around.

That's a bit too dark to make out, cricket

No, but I take it you're not used to them coming around
Ooh, scary. Husband is away so I thought I would pop outside & give outside cats a bedtime snack. Never made it through the front door when I saw what was at the top of the front steps.

I am aware of them being around from time to time, but I’m always afraid of the unknown.

No, but I take it you're not used to them coming around
Ooh, scary. Husband is away so I thought I would pop outside & give outside cats a bedtime snack. Never made it through the front door when I saw what was at the top of the front steps.

I am aware of them being around from time to time, but I’m always afraid of the unknown.
I may not be remembering right, so don't quote me, but aren't raccoons a major reservoir for rabies on the East Coast?

That's cool. Are you thinking of adopting it yourself?
No I don't want another pet at this time but we'll make sure it's taken care of. The last cat I trapped, they got if fixed and found a home for it. The cat before, which was younger and I trapped myself, I was able to tame it and my in-laws took it. Once this cat trusts me more, I'll have the lady bring me the trap. They'll fix this one and see if it's suitable for a home. If it's too wild, they'll bring it back to me so it can live outside our home. If that happens, I'll have to set up an outdoor shelter.
I like that -- I'm a big fan of trap-neuter-return programs.

I may not be remembering right, so don't quote me, but aren't raccoons a major reservoir for rabies on the East Coast?
I had to look it up and I found coons, skunks, woodchucks, bats, and foxes as the biggest offenders. I think I've only seen a skunk once on my property, coons a few times but not as much recently. Woodchucks and bats are always around and I've had a couple of red foxes recently.

Big time. In fact, if one has a raccoon in one’s attic & an exterminator is brought in, by law the raccoon has to be euthanized when removed from the property.

Got this lovely cat, Oreo, adopted this morning. Mentioned it to a friend last Thursday, sent her this photo, &, boom, done. Never succeeded in doing something so quickly in my life.

Volunteered for the 1st time today at a local pet food pantry. Never done anything like this before. Not something I planned, but glad I went. It’s only once a month so should work with my schedule. People come who can’t afford pet carriers (we loan them out), dog leashes, dog beds, cat food, dog food, cat beds, blankets, etc., etc. The other workers there (predominantly Spanish) were very lovely & so friendly. I didn’t do anything much, but the 2 ladies who run the place seemed thrilled to have me there & assumed I would return.

Big time. In fact, if one has a raccoon in one’s attic & an exterminator is brought in, by law the raccoon has to be euthanized when removed from the property.
We have possums in people's rooves that need to be removed but they're relocated as rabies isn't a risk here unless people play with a certain species of bat.

How nice that cat looks @Stirchley - no wonder it was adopted so fast- looking up with those lovely pale golden eyes on your pink pillows and wearing a sweet necklace to boot. Oreo looks like a cat who wants to be picked up right this minute and be hugged.

Nice summer evening tonight - fireflies dancing everywhere, feel like I'm in a Disney movie.

@Dani8 [quote] We have possums in people's rooves that need to be removed but they're relocated as rabies isn't a risk here unless people play with a certain species of bat.
@Dani8 You have possums in your roof? Every year we get a possum or possums. My golden lab Chloe would chase them as they scuttled along the fence and up into the tree. Was so funny. There it would stay and stare at you. I do not mind possums as they are natives but detest bats which crap all over my driveway and are carriers of disease. I dread my Bubbles being bitten one nite.

No, we dont have possums but we have access to a guy who will rrelocate them if ever we do get them. We had a few several years ago who used to gallop around like hippos having a pRty at 2am. Its probably what started my insomnia-scared the living
daylights out of me until i got used to it but by then the habit had set in. I think he was free unlike the snake catcher on new years eve. Wow. I think he was two hundred and fifty bucks for five minutes.

One january during a bliztering heatwave there was a juvenile possum in my tree abd i spent the dsy chopping up stonefruit for him until he he could manage to get up higher to his mum. Sweet little thing.

"stomping around like hippos at a party".I can not imagine these tiny creatures keeping anyone awake. You had a snake at your place? I have had several blue tongue lizards.. never a snake thank god with three dogs. I too have suffered insomnia. Is a curse isnt it?

Was driving home from work a little while ago when I scooped this little guy out of the middle of a busy street. A half mile from my house I found the owner looking frantically.