Movies That Are Underrated.....

Tools    

Originally posted by mecurdius
Hackers
Most Kung fu films
The Musketeer
The Mask of Zorro
Hackers? Good lord, I hated that movie. =)

My favorite underrated movie? In and Out. Kevin Kline is hysterical.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Hackers is a great movie. Anyone that knows anything about a computer would enjoy it. Plus, you get to see Angelina Jolie..
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spudracer
Hackers is a great movie. Anyone that knows anything about a computer would enjoy it.
I know a lot of Jack about computers, and I still liked it. It's one of those guilty pleasures, I think.

Here's a couple I've just watched lately that I consider to be very underrated.

"Soldier Blue"
Directed by Ralph Nelson
starring Candice Bergen, Peter Strauss and Donald Pleasence

Hell is for Heroes
Directed by Don Siegel
starring Bobby Darin, Fess Parker, Harry Guardino, James Coburn, Mike Kellin, Joseph Hoover, Bill Mullikin and L.Q. Jones

The Black Bird
Directed by David Giler
starring George Segal, Stéphane Audran and Lionel Stander

Alien³
Directed by David Fincher
starring Sigourney Weaver, Charles Dutton, Charles Dance, Paul McGann, Brian Glover, Ralph Brown, Daniel Webb, Holt McCallany, Lance Henriksen, Vincenzo Nicoli and Pete Postlethwaite

Battle Circus
Directed by Richard Brooks
Humphrey Bogart, June Allyson and Keenan Wynn

Moulin Rouge is another underrated. I hear too many people say, "I didn't like it cause it was a musical".

They were afraid that it would get a negative response if they told everyone it would be a musical. Personally, if you can't handle a different flavor now and then, you don't deserve to judge what others like.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Honestly, I didn't like Moulin Rouge because of how it was directed. I actually like musicals (I may be one of the few straight men who will say that out loud....Uh, I like FOOTBALL too....Yeah, football! ).

Underrated movies:

The Cable Guy
Popeye
Man on the Moon
People Vs. Larry Flint

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Monkeypunch
I actually like musicals (I may be one of the few straight men who will say that out loud....Uh, I like FOOTBALL too....Yeah, football! ).
Well you're not alone. Personally, I don't mind a good musical (was in one in high school, playing a football player) and some don't really bother me. I was in choir all four years of high school as well as our select group (we got to wear tuxes ), and so I liked the music in Moulin Rouge, as well as the acting. As far as how it was directed, have you ever been in a musical? All the things you have to go through and all that stuff when doing a musical is fast-paced and hectic. So I really didn't mind all the fast actions and all that stuff.

I was going to say all your choices are really dull, but to be honest - they ARE COMPLETE ****$HTRHTIREHT
Here are some better films that should have done better:
The Sword in The Stone
Bad Taste
Bedknobs+Broomsticks
Taxi 1+2
Labyrinth
Journey to the Far Side of the Sun
Sphere
Snake in Eagle's Shadow
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Theatre of Blood
well my sister has pissed me off - so ignore that list, she was adding to it - and that's why it's blah

One of the best movies out there that a lot of people have never heard of:
Heavenly Creatures – Peter Jackson – 1994

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Mystery Men - so funny, but I think a lot of people have the impression that it's a kids' movie.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Marcellus
Mystery Men - so funny, but I think a lot of people have the impression that it's a kids' movie.
I liked it too.

One movie that didn't do too well at the box office but I absolutely loved was Galaxy Quest.

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
One movie that didn't do too well at the box office but I absolutely loved was Galaxy Quest.
This movie has some funny moments, but overall, I'd say it could've been a little better. Sigourney Weaver did look good in it though.

I agree--Galaxy Quest was pretty funny.

About four years ago I saw Imposters written by and starring Stanley Tucci, about stowaways on a cruise ship in the 40's, who try to hide from the ship's steward, and end up discovering a terrorist plot to blow up the ship. It's terrificly funny. A little Vaudevillian slap-sticky and very silly.

Also by Tucci was The Big Night with Tuccy again, Minni Driver, Tony Shaloub and Isabella Rossellini, about an Italian Restaurant which is about to go out of business, but they prepare a private party for Louis Prima as one last attempt to save the restaurant. Really funny, with a great final scene with Tucci and Shaloub, and they are completely silent. Surprisingly compelling.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Snoozle
About four years ago I saw Imposters written by and starring Stanley Tucci, about stowaways on a cruise ship in the 40's, who try to hide from the ship's steward, and end up discovering a terrorist plot to blow up the ship. It's terrificly funny. A little Vaudevillian slap-sticky and very silly.

I loved that movie. You're right...a lot of people have never even heard of it. I thought Tucci was adorable. I first started liking him, when he was on that T.V. show, Murder One.

Some people I talked to were just annoyed by the movie, though, but I loved it. I think I'll do a Stanley Tucci block today!

im probably gonna get reamed for this, but I think Ishtar was underrated. I thought it was a quirky little movie. It definately wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to be.