MoFo Top 100 Horror Movies: The List

→ in
Tools    

movies can be okay...
So, let's see...

The House that Jack Built is a Trier, and I'm a fan of him for the most part. I have yet to see this latest entry of his, but I'm definitely looking forward to it, especially after its overall reception.

I watched both of The Host, and The Neon Demon, in preparation for this list. The former ended up as my #13, so I obviously loved it. The latter, although was overall cool, is still quite underwhelming.

The Conjuring 2 is another one I've seen, and the only thing I remember about it is the fact that I didn't hate it (maybe?).

As for the one-pointers: Spring and Earthlings look interesting, so I've added them to my watchlist. The Void sucks. Child's Play 2 is what it is. And The House of the Devil is great.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Watched Dog Soldiers years ago and didn't like it. Worth giving it another shot. I actually own the DVD.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I haven't seen, (or heard of), Dog Soldiers.

I will never watch Cannibal Holocaust.

Dog Soldiers was my #21. Just rewatched it recently (for the 4th time I believe) and it's held up very nicely. Still the second best werewolf film out there. Great cast and some of the best werewolves ever.

So will the next reveal be for three films now?

EDIT: As there's already lots of discussion about Cannibal Holocaust I'll handle that as well. I've seen few of these cannibal films a long time ago and they've kinda blurred together. They're on my watchlist but not at the top. I may be completely wrong but the 20-something me liked to compare them to the old Tarzan films but with gore and nudity. I'd remember some being quite OK but didn't rewatch them for the countdown as I didn't expect them to be good enough to be on my top-25.

Dog Soldiers was my #21. Just rewatched it recently (for the 4th time I believe) and it's held up very nicely. Still the second best werewolf film out there. Great cast and some of the best werewolves ever.

Soldiers vs Werewolves, in a forest in Scotland...

... all done with puppetry, animatronics and actual locations... no CGI or greenscreen... and shot, cut, pasted, printed and painted using smoke and mirrors... and talent... yet the movie somehow, and I don't know how, but somehow, manages to still look fantastic and hasn't aged at all.
^Amazing^

Am I complete blind but I don't see the post about Cannibal Holocaust ?

anyway I like the movie but it's not even near to make my Top 25

Am I complete blind but I don't see the post about Cannibal Holocaust ?
It was the post that now says "math error."

So will the next reveal be for three films now?
Yes, we'll do three films on Thursday.

What happened to the post that had Cannibal Holocaust on it?

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Unregistered User
Liked Dog Soldiers but not enough to really be considered for my list. For some reason I've never really seen the appeal to werewolf movies. Thought it would place slightly higher but glad it made it nonetheless. I imagine director Neil Marshall's The Descent will do fairly well, top 50 anyway.

Welcome to the human race...
I watched Dog Soldiers for the first time the other day and though it was decent but nothing special.

I think what made Dog Soldiers work so well, was the camaraderie between the cast.
From a British point-of-view... they're playing Squaddies... and they talk, act and behave like Squaddies, and when the sh** hits the fan, they react exactly how they should.

Plus, the effects and such are bang on, which helps the movie along to becoming something more than just another werewolf movie.

Dog Soldiers is an awesome movie, I did not even think of it though when making my list, but it probably would have fallen in around spot 27 or 28.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Is Liam Cunningham the baddie? (ser Davos)

Not a fan of werewolf movies but I enjoyed Dog Soldiers. Not enough to put it my list but it's a solid movie.

Never even occurred to me that They Live is a horror film. I like it more than some of the movies I ranked and I had I known it was tagged horror I still wouldn't have included it. It's the same reason I didn't include Cannibal Holocaust.