The MoFo Top Video Games List: The Countdown!

Tools    

Shouldn't all three of the #50 entries actually all be #48? That would be equivalent to each of them getting the highest "medal" awarded. (Using your system, the two top guys at the Olympics would share the silver medal, and the third guy would get the bronze.)
No, Tatty is absolutely right to do it this way as Leisure Suit Larry is taking honorary possession of 49th and 48th spots (even though they can't formally be acknowledged)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Shouldn't all three of the #50 entries actually all be #48? That would be equivalent to each of them getting the highest "medal" awarded. (Using your system, the two top guys at the Olympics would share the silver medal, and the third guy would get the bronze.)
We're both wrong!

I realised late last night that I'd been counting from the bottom up instead of from the top down. The first 3 games should have been #52, Mega Man 2 should have been #49.

I'd ended up with the top 50 plus two extra games tied for 50th, making 52 in total. Sorry.

We're both wrong!

I realised late last night that I'd been counting from the bottom up instead of from the top down. The first 3 games should have been #52, Mega Man 2 should have been #49.

I'd ended up with the top 50 plus two extra games tied for 50th, making 52 in total. Sorry.
Then the first three games were correct as 50th= and Mega Man 2 is 49th. When it's a tie the vacant positions occur below those that are tied not above them

You'll never see the Olympics award a gold and two bronzes with no silver. You will however see a gold and two silvers with no bronze.

*Sorry Larry but right is right mate .... maybe next time.

46= Bioshock

Released: August 2007
Developer: 2K Boston, 2K Australia
Format: PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Mac, iOS, Playstation 4, Xbox One

43 points: One 3rd, One 10th, One 22nd

Then the first three games were correct as 50th= and Mega Man 2 is 49th. When it's a tie the vacant positions occur below those that are tied not above them

You'll never see the Olympics award a gold and two bronzes with no silver. You will however see a gold and two silvers with no bronze.

*Sorry Larry but right is right mate .... maybe next time.
Ok, I shouldn't have mentioned the damn olympics. That's TWO fine upstanding Irishmen that that silly competition has reduced to laughing stocks recently!

This method works out. I've tested it.

I've also got tickets for sale. 1000s of 'em.

This method works out. I've tested it.
Ok, not my place to argue with you .... I just hope there's no tie for the top spot
I've also got tickets for sale. 1000s of 'em.
Ooooooh - got any left for Moscow 1980 .... or any available for Ballinasloe 2028?

Barely played Bioshock, i mean i've played it for maybe 40 minutes in total. My friends older brother really wanted me to play it when i was around 14 so i took a loan of it, thing is at the time i was completely into Call of Duty online and wasn't willing to spend much time on any other game. Will properly play one of them at some point as it looked like something i'd like.

Ok, not my place to argue with you .... I just hope there's no tie for the top spot
No chance of that. In fact, there's only one tie in the entire top 30.

Ooooooh - got any left for Moscow 1980 .... or any available for Ballinasloe 2028?
I've got a few left for the modern pentathlon. Apparently Big Tom says he's good at it.

Barely played Bioshock, i mean i've played it for maybe 40 minutes in total. My friends older brother really wanted me to play it when i was around 14 so i took a loan of it, thing is at the time i was completely into Call of Duty online and wasn't willing to spend much time on any other game. Will properly play one of them at some point as it looked like something i'd like.
It took me 3 or 4 attempts to get through Bioshock, and I'm glad I eventually knuckled down to it. Great game, but not a great shooter, which might explain why you weren't too hot on it while playing a lot of COD.

EDIT - The next entry is not a spelling mistake...

I've got a few left for the modern pentathlon. Apparently Big Tom says he's good at it.
Meh ... Big Tom can't even count to seven, he's got no chance

*signing out of the thread so as to stop cluttering it up

The only Bioshock game I finished was Infinite, but I've been meaning to go back and replay the first one all the way through (I lost my progress when my PS3 died, then didn't bother to pick it up on 360). I've heard mixed things about the second game.

I haven't played any of the Postal games, but I have seen the film version if that counts haha.

Postal 2 is one of the few games in the countdown I've never played.

It's still got a loyal following but I remember, when it was released, thinking that it looked a bit dated and dripping in 90s 'tude'.

I thought it'd be higher that 46th... glad it made it though. Spent sooooo many hours playing SMK, best racer made before Gran Turismo turned up.
09. Super Mario Kart (1992) - SNES

I thought it'd be higher that 46th... glad it made it though. Spent sooooo many hours playing SMK, best racer made before Gran Turismo turned up.
09. Super Mario Kart (1992) - SNES
I'm not a Nintendo guy, especially not from their golden NES/SNES period and the only Mario Kart game I've played on release is the latest one, where I was throwing money away desperately trying to justify buying a Switch.

The appeal lies in the multiplayer aspect, doesn't it?

Yeah the multiplayer Battle Mode was a huge selling point.
Split-screen and all that, using weapons and stuff.

It was also the battle system during races as well. Firing shells at each other to sort of "cheat" the victory, yet it wasn't cheating as it was in the rules of play... which made it all the more fun.

Super Mario Kart was ground-breaking tbh.