Tatty's GOTY 2015 Game of the Year List of the year (2015).

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
I have been playing Witcher 3 recently. Found it vastly superior to Fallout 4. Really amazing almost perfect game. It's main problem for me are the unresponsive controls. Though I guess it was made in that way. Have you played Pillars of Eternity and Age of Decadence?
One of the big complaints was the character movement being unresponsive but they patched in an alternative scheme - It'll be in the game options. I can see what they were going for originally - Your character carries a certain momentum when he runs so can't turn or change direction quickly.

The alternative control scheme (which I use and wouldn't switch back to the original) sorts it out.

PoE is in the lower reaches of my list and would probably have been higher if I'd spent more time with it. I bought Age of Decadence a few weeks ago on GOG, mainly because it seems to have developed a cult following so I wanted to check it out.

It's a game that would have been dated looking (and playing) ten years ago.

Not spent a lot of time with it yet but, personally, I doubt I'll play a lot more. RPGs as polished as Witcher 3 kinda spoil you.

One of the big complaints was the character movement being unresponsive but they patched in an alternative scheme - It'll be in the game options. I can see what they were going for originally - Your character carries a certain momentum when he runs so can't turn or change direction quickly.

The alternative control scheme (which I use and wouldn't switch back to the original) sorts it out.

PoE is in the lower reaches of my list and would probably have been higher if I'd spent more time with it. I bought Age of Decadence a few weeks ago on GOG, mainly because it seems to have developed a cult following so I wanted to check it out.

It's a game that would have been dated looking (and playing) ten years ago.

Not spent a lot of time with it yet but, personally, I doubt I'll play a lot more. RPGs as polished as Witcher 3 kinda spoil you.
I like isometric graphics over 3D graphics. What I dislike is the the use of a 3D engine in Age of Decadence. Yes that game looks like it's from 2002 or something but I has some characteristics of a game like Fallout with its flexibility in terms of quests that The Witcher 3 does not have. However, I found Age of Decadence pretty hard to play and I screwed over many quests and on my character build (meaning that he couldn't do anything after a while since I made a combat type and defeating a gang of 5 bandits is impossible in the early game at least). Since I am more of a casual gamer I don't love very hard challenges.

Have you played bloodborne?

Cutscenes ended too soon? I wanted story? Man, this is everything wrong with games today. Films, that's what you want. Films and tv, not games.
Well a game like Metal Gear Solid is essentially an animated movie or TV show with interactive elements. In fact, since there isn't serious adult animation made in the west, games like Metal Gear Solid are almost substituting for adult animation.

Except MGS is made in Japan. It's an Anime that you play.

Not played Bloodborne because I don't own a PS4. I love the Souls games and even though I suspect I wouldn't enjoy Bloodborne as much it'll probably be the first game I buy if I ever get round to buying a PS4.

Bloodborne was funded by Sony so it's no surprise that it's a PS4 exclusive, same as Demon's Souls was.

The maddening thing is that it will have been developed, at least initially, on PC. The new consoles having x86 architecture make them closer to PCs than ever before and I can see the day, hopefully within a decade, that you'll be able to buy a 'console' as software to run on your PC. An official emulator, if you like.

Xbox One to PC streaming is only the start.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Ask Lara Croft about platform things sucking.

I doubt the game would have been made without Microsoft's bucks. A few extra months wait for release on the proper () platforms is a small price to pay, but I've got a bad taste in my mouth over how they tried to obfuscate the whole 'exclusivity' thing.

Practically my entire list has good discounts in the Steam sale. Here's links to the top 5:

Life is Strange 50% off

Witcher III 50% 0ff

MGS V 33% off

Her Story 40% off

Crypt of the Necrodancer 67% off

Now you all can see what I'm on about for a lot less than you could yesterday. An ting.

This year, I most enjoyed bloodborne. Close second was ori and the blind forest

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I really enjoyed the "honest trailers" about Bloodborne. I never knew.

If you want some (inferior quality, natch) additional GOTY lists, head over to Giant Bomb. http://www.giantbomb.com/

I've wishlisted a ton of stuff already from lists by the staff, developers, WWE wrestlers (?!?) etc on offer.

For example, Swery's top games of 2015. I heart Swery...

Stay tuned for hopefully a John Carpenter GOTY list. He did them in 2013 and 2014.

Finally! My game of the year for 2015 is ...

Life Is Strange (PS4, PC, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, ColecoVision)
I just got done playing season 1 and I do agree with you having this number one. I enjoyed this quite a bit, definitely one of the best "indie games" I've played, even though I haven't played a ton of them.

The story and presentation were really good. It seemed to have a strong Donnie Darko influence to me (teenager that goes through time, also starting off with a surreal scene)

Max and Chloe's relationship was very touching, and I did start to feel for them as the game went on, especially at the beginning of Episode 4—good lord.

I also really liked the setting, the Oregon coastal town was a very pleasant place to walk around in a game like this. I liked the music as well.

I'm curious...
WARNING: "Life is Strange" spoilers below
did you save Chloe or Arcadia Bay?

I'm curious...
did you save Chloe or Arcadia Bay?
WARNING: "Wot I did" spoilers below
I saved Chloe.

I know that this wasn't the ending that the developers were shooting for as they spent WAY less time on its consequences but I'm happy with my decision.

You've been through hell with your best friend (and love, if you play a certain way), saved her life numerous times and watched her crippled and dying. You're also 17.

One could argue that Chloe's just fated to die and your time-tampering has been keeping her on this earth (and mucking up countless alternate timelines) long past her allotted time but, you're 17. This is the most important person to you in the world etc etc.

I've seen video of the other ending and it makes total sense. It just didn't make sense in my story.

WARNING: "Wot I did" spoilers below
I saved Chloe.

I know that this wasn't the ending that the developers were shooting for as they spent WAY less time on its consequences but I'm happy with my decision.

You've been through hell with your best friend (and love, if you play a certain way), saved her life numerous times and watched her crippled and dying. You're also 17.

One could argue that Chloe's just fated to die and your time-tampering has been keeping her on this earth (and mucking up countless alternate timelines) long past her allotted time but, you're 17. This is the most important person to you in the world etc etc.

I've seen video of the other ending and it makes total sense. It just didn't make sense in my story.
Yeah that's what I did too, pretty much for the same exact reasons. Even though I did realize that her dying around that time was suppose to be her fate no matter what timeline, I still couldn't bring myself to do it. And yeah after seeing how short the ending is for that choice, I figured that sacrificing Chloe was suppose to be the "correct" ending.

But also, with the exception of Warren, it seemed like there was no one in the town that Max really cared that much about. Maybe Chloe's mother as well but she would've probably rather have Chloe live. I also thought it was the correct ending for how I played.

Oh and sorry for bugging you about replying back. It's just that nobody I know has played it and I was really wanting to hear another persons take on the ending. Thanks!