The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
In case I'm ruining a Christmas surprise, I'm sayin' nuttin.

Oh.

Not sure if anyone has heard of this Far Lone Sails game, but I'm done with it. Looked promising online, but this game is getting nowhere with me.

You power this steam engine machine across a wasteland for what seems like forever.... And that's about it. Outside of a couple door switches, no dialogue... About an hour in and I think I'm done

A system of cells interlinked
Another Saturday adventure in RDR2. The wife is still heavily invested in this game, so when she is catching up on sleep, I avoid doing any missions. So I tend to roam around exploring, hunting, and getting into mischief when i play on my own. The game world continues to impress, with many a moment taking my breath away. Lisa dislikes the gun fighting mechanic, so I have been seeking out the fighters and dueling them. One fight had me end up on top of a train that eventually pulled into an industrialized city that was just incredible. I spent the next hour wandering around taking in the sights.

I won't post screens, so as not to ruin the experience for those that haven't played yet.

Another Saturday adventure in RDR2. The wife is still heavily invested in this game, so when she is catching up on sleep, I avoid doing any missions. So I tend to roam around exploring, hunting, and getting into mischief when i play on my own. The game world continues to impress, with many a moment taking my breath away. Lisa dislikes the gun fighting mechanic, so I have been seeking out the fighters and dueling them. One fight had me end up on top of a train that eventually pulled into an industrialized city that was just incredible. I spent the next hour wandering around taking in the sights.

I won't post screens, so as not to ruin the experience for those that haven't played yet.
If you don't want to worry about doing the single player quests, try the online mode!

There's a story to it, although I've largely ignored that part, but it's totally separate from the single player.

The Adventure Starts Here!
In case I'm ruining a Christmas surprise, I'm sayin' nuttin.

Oh.
Well, I figured out who sent the Stardew Valley mug! A dear friend I visited in April sent it! I was playing videogames with her boys (Minecraft, etc.) and Stardew Valley came up. I admitted my HUNDREDS of hours in that game and we had some great laughs!

She just asked if the package from Redbubble arrived all right! So, mystery solved!

If you don't want to worry about doing the single player quests, try the online mode!

There's a story to it, although I've largely ignored that part, but it's totally separate from the single player.
I want to do the missions, but I have to wait until she wakes up or she makes me sit in the basement while drinking a glass of milk she left behind the furnace for 4 months.

Content to just explore the wilderness and hunt etc. for now, but I may take a crack at the online after a while!

I want to do the missions, but I have to wait until she wakes up or she makes me sit in the basement while drinking a glass of milk she left behind the furnace for 4 months.

Content to just explore the wilderness and hunt etc. for now, but I may take a crack at the online after a while!
If you do, dump 15 gold bars into the Collector job and you'll soon be swimming in cash and able to afford all those lovely jackets!

I know people who play Dark Souls just for the fashion and I'm becoming the same with RDR.

If you do, dump 15 gold bars into the Collector job and you'll soon be swimming in cash and able to afford all those lovely jackets!

I know people who play Dark Souls just for the fashion and I'm becoming the same with RDR.
Fashion Souls! I did a bit more of that in DS3, dropping the min/max thing for a nifty hat.

Fashion Souls! I did a bit more of that in DS3, dropping the min/max thing for a nifty hat.
Logged in a few minutes ago and got given this. It's a Christmas miracle!

I bought this dandy!

Finally bought Disco Elysium. Still downloading it, but I'll give it a crack later.

It's been hyped as much as Outer Wilds and Control, two games I admired rather than liked a whole lot. Disco Elysium should be more in my wheelhouse though.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
So should I feel bad that my aunt and uncle gave me a retro video game collection worth almost a grand for free? They wanted to get rid of it from their basement and my cousin didn't want it.

So should I feel bad that my aunt and uncle gave me a retro video game collection worth almost a grand for free? They wanted to get rid of it from their basement and my cousin didn't want it.
Only feel bad if you sell the ones you don't want and fail to give them a cut.

If it were a lot more I'd say maybe, but probably not, especially if selling them to reap that much would be a lot of work in and of itself. Might not even be a huge profit relative to time if you're, say, listing individual games on eBay or something.

I think if you said "hey, just so you know, sometimes these old games can be worth a little money," you'd definitely be ethically covered, regardless.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Finally bought Disco Elysium. Still downloading it, but I'll give it a crack later.

It's been hyped as much as Outer Wilds and Control, two games I admired rather than liked a whole lot. Disco Elysium should be more in my wheelhouse though.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

You should feel bad for not listing in detail the contents of the collection.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Boxed Nintendo system, boxed super Nintendo, 6 boxed SNES games, a bunch of NES, a PS1, a Gameboy and boxed Gameboy games. The SNES games are worth a good chunk