RIP, Kirk Douglas

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I feel like once you get up there, it's just painful to live. 103 is a looong time.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
He was happy in every clip of him posted as old though. I don't think he found it painful at all.
I was imagining his appearance at the Oscars with Jones trying to speak and barely getting anything out. If he was happy, good for him.

RIP. Liked his films, with my personal favourites being Champion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and War Wagon.
I'm not all read up on the whole Jean Spengler and Natalie Wood thing, but if true why wait until he has died to bring it all up? Why not when he was alive, he was alive long enough after all. I'm not defending him as such (I won't make judgement as I don't know the story very well) but curious as to why wait until he passed away to do this.

RIP. Liked his films, with my personal favourites being Champion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and War Wagon.
I'm not all read up on the whole Jean Spengler and Natalie Wood thing, but if true why wait until he has died to bring it all up? Why not when he was alive, he was alive long enough after all. I'm not defending him as such (I won't make judgement as I don't know the story very well) but curious as to why wait until he passed away to do this.
I don't think the family had the means or will to launch a legal battle against him. It was only really Wood's sister who was left, and she only spoke about it a couple of times. She did say this though:

Lana Wood, who would have been around eight years old at the time of her sister's rape, told a team of investigative journalists: 'We drove her up to the Chateau Marmont and my mother and I sat in the cars for hours, to the point where I went to sleep, and that was the interview where Natalie was raped.

'I was asleep in the backseat and I just remembered it was not a happy ride home. I thought I heard Natalie and my mom talking heatedly in undertones.

'Many, many years later and there again Natalie only alluded to the fact that something bad had happened and in a way blamed my mom for being too eager for Natalie to get roles.

'I mean, it was something that Natalie went through in trying to come to terms with, you know, such a horrendous thing, particularly being that young.

'There again, it's not something that my mom would pursue because you don't want to make that big star angry.

'You don't want the studio knowing that this occurred. She would never have said anything to authorities or anyone.'

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra