Best 'True Story' film?

Tools    

What's the best film based on a true story?

Not inspired by like Texas Chainsaw Masacre, based on like Dog Day Afternoon.

Remember the Titans

A system of cells interlinked
Fargo

I thought Gandhi and JFK were excellent. But the best film (IMO) based on a True Story is Raging Bull.

But King Kong is a close 2nd.

So many good movies, so little time.
I have read that Fargo was not based on a true story. It was just a little joke by the Coen Brothers.

I have always been curious about 'The Emerald Forest' which they say was based a true story. If it was based on a true story it would have to be one of the most interesting ever. Does anyone have any info on this.

Midnight Express was pretty good movie based on a true story.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

*Fargo is definitely not based on a true story. At all. It was just Joel & Ethan fu*kin' with folks.

As for some of the best:
Lawrence of Arabia, GoodFellas, Raging Bull, The Elephant Man, Bird, Amadeus, Missing, The Killing Fields, Serpico, All the President's Men, Frances, The Miracle Worker, Eight Men Out, Gandhi, Lenny, Reds, Ed Wood, and on and on and on....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

My Left Foot
In the Name of the Father
Some Mother’s Son
Rabbit Proof Fence
Dog Day Afternoon
Patton
Catch Me if You Can
Schindler’s List
We Were Soldiers
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

it may not be the best i loved Rudy

Schindler's List
Ed Wood
Birdman Of Alcatraz

Man, I haven't seen half the films already mentioned. I desperately need to increase my film viewing.

Three films hardly make a list so I've looked around for other films based on true stories of which I failed to add to my original list of three.

Amistad (thanks for the reminder Sleazy. I totally forgot this.)
Born Free
Dead Poets Society
Flowers In The Attic
Glory

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Revenant
(thanks for the reminder Sleazy. I totally forgot this.)
And thank you for reminding me of this one:

Originally Posted by Revenant
Dead Poets Society
I haven't seen that in years.

Braveheart (in fact just got it on DVD yesterday)
Glory
Apollo 13

AND finally the most truestest stroy of all Lord of the Rings.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
The Passion of the Christ

I think "Miracle" was the best.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
i have never seen this but is Ed Gien good. i was thinking of renting it. is it like an actual movie or a documentary.

Ed Gein is a very well researched movie based on actual facts without the extra Hollywood fluffing… If you’re interested in learning more about a real serial killer, you should find it interesting… but a word of warning, this movie is not for the faint of heart or anyone with a weak stomach… Hope that helps...