The Movie Forums Top 130 Albums Countdown

Tools    

Again, that's the last for now.

Despite my alleged Scottishness i somehow had never heard a song by Mogwai before i listened to that Album for this Countdown, liked it quite a lot. Also like that they called it Mogwai Young Team. Young Team is often the name given to gangs hear in Glasgow, they are usually known with a Y then two other initials, for example the one in the area i lived in as a kid was known as YSC for Young Sooside (Southside not Suicide) Cumbie (no idea). After reading about them i think they were mocking how ridiculous that is since full grown men are often part of the YOUNG TEAM.

Master of My Domain
Oh and by the way, I really didn't like Kendrick the first several times I heard parts of his songs. I didn't get it. I didn't know why he was doing weird things with his voice. I thought it was a gimmick. Then one day I listened to "Swimming Pools" and I was hooked.
Kendrick uses vocal alteration like it's another instrument. Love it.

Welcome to the human race...
Well now, Young Team is a genuine surprise. It's got its high points ("Mogwai Fear Satan" is all-time), but I always thought it was a bit too long for its own good.

Master of My Domain
I just looked up Mogwai Young Team; the 9.7/10 Pitchfork rating means it's brilliant or utter crap, but I love post-rock so I figure it should be an intriguing listen.

Let the night air cool you off
I just looked up Mogwai Young Team; the 9.7/10 Pitchfork rating means it's brilliant or utter crap, but I love post-rock so I figure it should be an intriguing listen.

That's pretty much how I use Pitchfork.

Master of My Domain

That's pretty much how I use Pitchfork.
One day young Gats listened to LCD Soundsystem, a band Pitchfork loves.

After 30 minutes, he sat alone, crying in silence.

"God, why does it love such an annoying band? "

Again, that's the last for now.

Despite my alleged Scottishness i somehow had never heard a song by Mogwai before i listened to that Album for this Countdown, liked it quite a lot. Also like that they called it Mogwai Young Team. Young Team is often the name given to gangs hear in Glasgow, they are usually known with a Y then two other initials, for example the one in the area i lived in as a kid was known as YSC for Young Sooside (Southside not Suicide) Cumbie (no idea). After reading about them i think they were mocking how ridiculous that is since full grown men are often part of the YOUNG TEAM.
New goal in life: start a dope ass young team.

122. Mogwai Young Team
Mogwai

(54 Points, 2 Lists)
**** YEEESSS!!!!! Who else voted for Mogwai?

Great band. Also one of the loudest I've ever experienced live. HOLY CRAPBALLS ARE THEY LOUD.

One day young Gats listened to LCD Soundsystem, a band Pitchfork loves.

After 30 minutes, he sat alone, crying in silence.

"God, why does it love such an annoying band? "
I was opposite of this. I listened to LCD Soundsytem and thought it was dope. Then I listened to Arcade Fire (before Burbs) and was hella confused. Then Burbs came out and I was like ehhhh s'ight, I guess. Then ya boy from LCD worked with them on that album with "Joan of Arc" and I was into it.

Who elese voted for Mogwai?
Just for the record someone asked me not to reveal their list so i've decided not to answer questions like this whether it's about that list or not. I know this wasn't directed at me i've just been waiting for someone to bring it up so i could clarify. The person who voted for Mogwai will say i'm positive.

SO MANY of their abums are ****ing fantastic, so you don't even have to start with Young Team. I acutally had a tough time deciding which was my actual favourite.

Been a while for mogwai - which i coukd only named two from them albums, other is come and die.. Er something -

Meddle is my fav pink floyd too which the only i voted for, other i suppose was wish u were here as 2nd frim them but not really in even for my top 100 i guess.

Hey Camo, what was my 50? I am pretty sure I voted for something hoping it would end up as 1 pointer, so somebody else must have voted for it. I doubt it made the countdown though.

Master of My Domain
SO MANY of their abums are ****ing fantastic, so you don't even have to start with Young Team. I acutally had a tough time deciding which was my actual favourite.
I'll give an album a try and report back to you. Love the enthusiasm cat. If someone can love a band that much, then there's must be at least one redeeming quality.

I don't think I've ever heard a Mogwai song, but they have an album titled "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will.". It's one of my favorite album titles.