The Movie Forums Top 130 Albums Countdown

Tools    

I once grinded to crycore - does that count or am I just an emotional freak?
Not sure but you should be punished for giving me terrible ideas. Grinding crycore.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I never have a clue what you're talking about dd, that's why you're my favourite. Are those posts related to my negative connection with Oasis post?

I guess I'll never figure out how to internet, aw shucks.

It was my random connection to Oasis and the fabulous Blockbuster Music stores of my youth. The typical high school miscreant behavior. We would do this ... Pile in a car and drive in to town. Go to a store and do this ... Listen to whatever we had procured while trying not to get caught disgracing our family names.

Funny how things work out. I had two of the big case logic, 2 disc a page (I mean the 4 per page were obscene, who needs that much) cases. Freshman year of college, went for a ride, took my cds because we didn't have ipods and you just might need to listen to any single one of those discs, sat down to parlay with some people in front of the dorms, got up and left my cases on the bench, never to see them again. The universe just smooths things out like that.

Another good thing about digital music, people will never have to learn the only place for a cd is in a jewel case.

Another good thing about digital music, people will never have to learn the only place for a cd is in a jewel case.
This is true. Tried flip files and hated that, so went back to jewel cases, only to forget about CDs altogether.

I was listening to possibly the greatest "pop" album, cuz I guess that's a thing... The concept of the hidden track is no longer a thing I suppose. I had forgotten how awesome those use to be. Especially if you waited out the 15 minutes or so before the secret sauce started pouring.

I was listening to possibly the greatest "pop" album, cuz I guess that's a thing... The concept of the hidden track is no longer a thing I suppose. I had forgotten how awesome those use to be. Especially if you waited out the 15 minutes or so before the secret sauce started pouring.
I have a few of those. Listened to one earlier. Some Canadian pop chick nobody cared about except me and a couple other people. Pretty long silence between the (awesome) last track and hidden track.

Not that they featured in this countdown...just saying regarding the hidden track awesomeness that was a thing a while back.

It's a pain in iPod shuffle though.

I think one of the Tool albums had one, except they just filled it up with a bunch of short blank tracks, until you got to # whatever, Maynard still got his back turned to you.

Hey. Seems like a good place to actually play her. That last track, that was ...worth the set up. Pretty.

She didn't make my list. But I like hearing her every now and then...

Esthero - Swallow Me

I think one of the Tool albums had one, except they just filled it up with a bunch of short blank tracks, until you got to # whatever, Maynard still got his back turned to you.
I kind of like it when it's that, too.

Master of My Domain
To elaborate on this GIF:

Definitely Maybe is my #45. First of all - what's up with all the indifference towards Oasis? Maybe it's karma for mocking Bob Dylan.

Well, I kinda understand why. Oasis is a very derivative band, and lo-fi too. Liam, by definition, is a bad singer (an awesome vocalist though) and his technique is just about the worst. Noel - every riff he plays is an extremely loud version of a Beatles riff. The other band members are fine, but there's nothing special about them. The production...

But the reason I like Oasis so much though is that the negative aspects I mentioned are actually positives for me. Here are 5 lads who started from working-classs Manchester, and played the brightest, simplest, and catchiest music and as a way to represent their hopes for a better future. This lyric, from their song 'Whatever', pretty much sums it up:

"I'm free to be whatever I, whatever I choose and I'll sing the blues if I want..."

I'm an Oasis hater. But I don't mind Liam Gallagher's solo stuff so far. It's just Oasis's whine isn't my kind of whine when I'm into whine.

Master of My Domain
I do long division to Math Rock.
The term 'Math Rock' is such an easy way to turn off potential listeners.

Master of My Domain
I'm an Oasis hater. But I don't mind Liam Gallagher's solo stuff so far. It's just Oasis's whine isn't my kind of whine when I'm into whine.
I really liked 'Wall of Glass' from Liam's album - he's easily beating his brother. who's album sounds like psychedelic farts. Sorry Noel.

I really liked 'Wall of Glass' from Liam's album - he's easily beating his brother. who's album sounds like psychedelic farts. Sorry Noel.
I'd be lying if I said I followed any of the brothers. I just don't baulk these days if I hear Liam.

Shout out to Dream Theater since I expect little representation in this countdown.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	longer.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	47096  

waiting minio's entry be like