The Bat Movies

→ in
Tools    

Cool that you know a writer @MovieGal

Do you have a reason you think I should have known about them?

Lol I know many comic writer and artists...if you are referring to cat's comment.. I'm the horror writer

Um, OK. I just got back today planning on reviewing all 5he Burton/Schumacher movies, and I had no idea about this thread. Whoa.
KeyserCorleone, you're surely welcome to post about them in here if you want.

Vincent Price was in the 1960s TV show??? GTFO, Must investigate

According to those on set, Vincent Price started throwing eggs at Adam West during the filming of one of the episodes. When he was asked to stop he laughed, "With a full arsenal? Not a chance!"

According to those on set, Vincent Price started throwing eggs at Adam West during the filming of one of the episodes. When was he asked to stop he laughed, "With a full arsenal? Not a chance!"
Nostro there was a lot of famous people in the old Batman show... you didn't know this?

Saw re-runs of the old show at some point yearrrrrrrrz ago as a kid, too long for it to be familiar. Vincent Price's great, enjoy his Corman films.

Saw re-runs of the old show at some point yearrrrrrrrz ago as a kid, too long for it to be familiar. Vincent Price's great, enjoy his Corman films.
My favorite Vincent Price movie is Dragonwyck.

This might just do nobody any good.
Sure, acclaimed Austrian film director Otto Preminger, man behind such cinema classics as Laura, Anatomy of a Murder and Bunny Lake is Missing, of course you can play Mr. Freeze.

P.S. I want the next Batman movie to pick of the trend and bring back Egghead and this Freeze played by Christoph Waltz and Werner Herzog, respectively.

My favorite Vincent Price movie is Dragonwyck.
Terrific guy. So that's one of his younger roles. I'd say my favorite of his is The Haunted Palace (1963), in which Lon Chaney Jr also appears. Oh, and it's set in a town called Arkham. Ha! It actually fits here somehow, it's like I get lucky on these associations. And worth a note for any passing readers that the concept of Arkham came from H.P. Lovecraft's short story "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward." I don't know a lot about the Price film you mentioned, but I briefly read some rundown on it just now since you made the mention. Here's a sneak-peak trailer and my image assemblage from Roger Corman's mash-up flick of Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft writings.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Haunted Palace ((1963)).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	47060  

Mine is mask of the red death

KeyserCorleone, you're surely welcome to post about them in here if you want.

I've got my own reviews thread and I'm not stealing your thunder.

Dragonwyck is considered a gothic horror...which is one of the subgenres I enjoy.

Terrific guy. So that's one of his younger roles. I'd say my favorite of his is The Haunted Palace (1963), in which Lon Chaney Jr also appears. Oh, and it's set in a town called Arkham. Ha! It actually fits here somehow, it's like I get lucky on these associations. And worth a note for any passing readers that the concept of Arkham came from H.P. Lovecraft's short story "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward." I don't know a lot about the Price film you mentioned, but I briefly read some rundown on it just now since you made the mention. Here's a sneak-peak trailer and my image assemblage from Roger Corman's mash-up flick of Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft writings.

I have a huge mural poster in my living room of Tomb of Ligeia. Poe done by Corman, starring Price.

*Tomb of Ligeia soars up October 2018 watchlist*

Gotta know Vincent Price is The Man when he carjacks dialogue of an entire film franchise.

Observers gliding by may've suggested we remain off topic, as the time for the next film's turned up. @cat_sidhe and me turn our separate gaze Today / Tonight to the oft-trashed, thoroughly eviscerated, universally hammered,

Main Title

Excited, Baby!

Throw down your own regards for the film,
and check in later this evening on MovieForums.com!
Woo woo!
Attachments

Name:	batman & robin poster.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	47070  

Only got to watch the first half of the flick before my shift started tonight, but so far- formidable cinematic craftsmanship by the godlike Joel Schumacher. In the meantime, promotion for the thread's Batshop.

Attachments

Name:	bg01.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	47098   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg02.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	47099   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg03.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	47100   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg04.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	47101   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg05.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	47102  

Hey @cat_sidhe , did you watch all 3 flicks you told me about for your movie marathon yesterday?

I have seen most of the Batman movies but I always enjoyed the Batman Animated Series.

and I have read Batman Year One comics on two of my favorite Villians.

and Yes, I watch "Gotham"

My favorite characters on the show - Ed Nygma, Penguin, Selina, Ra's Al Ghul, Jonathan Crane and Jerome. I think it was a smart move to use Alexander Siddig as Ra's Al Ghul. Alexander is an amazing actor.

And I have a few action figures of Scarecrow.

However, I am more a Marvel Comics fan than I am a DC Comics Fan.

Hey @cat_sidhe , did you watch all 3 flicks you told me about for your movie marathon yesterday?
I passed out half way, but woke up in a Batman T-shirt and no pants so it must have gone well. I'll start again from the half way mark when I get home.

I passed out half way, but woke up in a Batman T-shirt and no pants so it must have gone well. I'll start again from the half way mark when I get home.
We BOTH only watched half so far,