Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
#94.
The Voices

(dir. Marjane Satrapi, 2014)

1 x 4th, 1 x 15th
=
33 points

Haven't heard of either of those. See that The Voices is from the writer and co-director of Persepolis though so i'm curious there, not so much with the Jack Black one.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
JUST caught this -- CONGRATS Iro for getting through the hell of organizing and getting this thing going!!

The Voices is one of mine, it's a pretty good serial killer/dark comedy with Ryan Reynolds and "the voices" are from his cat and dog. Which, (bit of trivia) IS voiced by Reynolds.

I have seen SOME of Private Parts and only once when it first came out, so nowhere near enough to check it off.

Watched: 1/7

#4 Voices

I can't say the trailer for The Voices makes it look particularly compelling, though (and the fact that Satrapi only directed without writing makes it even less enticing). I almost question if it was a sympathy vote for the ineligible Persepolis.

The Holiday...eh, I've seen a little bit and didn't hate it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Holiday is a generic romantic comedy that would never make a top 100 list....unless that list was a list of films directed by women. Tis a shame.

The Voice on the other hand, did not make my list, but at least it was interesting and different.

Suspect's Reviews

The Holiday is a generic romantic comedy that would never make a top 100 list....unless that list was a list of films directed by women. Tis a shame.
Such is the problem with not getting enough votes, it seems - there are certainly better films that quite simply couldn't make the cut.

Master of My Domain
Julie & Julia has been a favorite of mine ever since my mom, who's a big fan of the film, watched it together with me a few years ago. Had I actively participated in MoFo before the countdown started, I probably would have voted for it.

I saw Julie & Julia because my mom wanted to see it and she was paying. I did not expect to like it at all, but I loved it. Such a fun and well acted film. I had it at #4.

Master of My Domain
I've only seen 4 of the films mentioned in the ****down so far.
Whoa, did you accidentally type the c-word?

Master of My Domain
If you're really annoyed at the countdown that's fine, just use less harsher words next time.