Stirchley’s Fashion Thread

Tools    

OMG i'd look like a complete knob head if i took your advice!! 😆. Haha!! And thank you Chypmunk, i'll do my best
Perhaps but you'd get the highest mark for sure as everyone else would be too busy laughing

OMG i'd look like a complete knob head if i took your advice!! 😆. Haha!! And thank you Chypmunk, i'll do my best
Perhaps but you'd get the highest mark for sure as everyone else would be too busy laughing
You have a point there, what about afterwards though when we go for a coffee and pizza, i could be sectioned under the Mental Health Act walking through Liverpool like that! 😨

You have a point there, what about afterwards though when we go for a coffee and pizza, i could be sectioned under the Mental Health Act walking through Liverpool like that! 😨
Easy - take a guitar with you ... nobody sections buskers, not even in the Pool!

Easy - take a guitar with you ... nobody sections buskers, not even in the Pool!
I can't play a guitar, it'll have to be my Yamaha keyboard or the Triangle

Or you could simply put on a broad Geordie accent and nobody will bat an eyelid

Or you could simply put on a broad Geordie accent and nobody will bat an eyelid
We agree on something then!

here are some indian actresses in backless saris
I’ve always wanted to wear a sari. I love them.

I like the black top, i wouldn't wear the blouse under it though, i'd wear it alone with light blue jeans for a casual look.
That could work. Of the entire ensemble, I would keep the blouse.

actually, what you're probably seeing is women who once fit into those clothes better, but have gained weight and can't afford to buy new clothes. have been guilty of this, can confirm. it's not always a choice.
You have a point, but it’s not true for all women. I see loads of women wearing brand-new clothes that are way too small for them. And there is always the option of used clothing. Where I live there are loads of thrift stores, etc. I volunteer at a food pantry & we have loads of used clothing for free. We once had a Vera Wang dress. Right now we have an Ivanka Trump-designed top. Some of the clothes in these places still have the tags attached.

She looks fantastic like always.
Jennifer is a beautiful woman, no question about that. I loved her in A Beautiful Mind.

Ok then stirchley i'm 5ft 5ins, UK size 10, with curves, i have an exam on friday and i want to look casual yet professional, what do you suggest i wear? I have a vast collection of clothes, skirts, dresses, blouses, trouser suites, jeans, combats, denim jackets, shoes, boots, bright pink Nike Air trainers and sandals
Gotta post some stuff for Cat, but will think about this today. Funny, I don’t think any American would think twice about what she wore to an exam.

@cat_sidhe, got inspired yesterday at Sunday Mass by what the women were wearing. What you need is a wrap dress. Hugely versatile. Big-bosomed, small-bosomed, fat, thin, small, tall, old, young, any woman can look good in a wrap dress. Prints or solids. Can be worn in any season with any kind of footwear - UGGS, short boots, high boots, flats, wedges, heels, espadrilles. Can be plain during the working day & dressed up for the evening. Great bare-legged or worn with tights or hose. Can be worn with a little cardigan if it gets chilly.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	EDEC086F-7762-40F8-B850-B354F641D598.jpeg
Views:	217
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	37176   Click image for larger version

Name:	06F2EC55-EC06-4B84-94F7-CFE2D2E39321.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	37177   Click image for larger version

Name:	010B2541-EDA4-4A4B-9175-4F3D474482A1.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	37180  

@Stirchley I can't do wraparound dresses. I've got small boobs, and those things always have plunging necklines.

BIG no to those.
I hear you. You do know you have to put a pin at the opening? Otherwise, it will gape open for any woman.

I hear you. You do know you have to put a pin at the opening? Otherwise, it will gape open for any woman.
Still, just no. I'm HIGHLY uncomfortable in them. I have a very straight shape. Not curvy at all. I used to buy my trousers in the boys' department. Ages 10-12 fit me perfectly.

Watch all the men get horrified. She does WHAT now??

Still, just no. I'm HIGHLY uncomfortable in them.
No sense in being uncomfortable.

What do you think about a nice pantsuit? So versatile.

Ok then stirchley i'm 5ft 5ins, UK size 10, with curves, i have an exam on friday and i want to look casual yet professional, what do you suggest i wear? I have a vast collection of clothes, skirts, dresses, blouses, trouser suites, jeans, combats, denim jackets, shoes, boots, bright pink Nike Air trainers and sandals
How about one of your trouser suits then? I love this one, which I posted elsewhere here. So young and modern.

@Stirchley

I could definitely go for that. I like the first and last best. Probably not very practical when the snow hits here, which eventally turns into sleet from HELL. But I can definitely pull that look off.

I could definitely go for that. I like the first and last best. Probably not very practical when the snow hits here, which eventally turns into sleet from HELL. But I can definitely pull that look off.
What do Swedish girls wear?