Rauldc's Journey through the consoles: Best Video Games

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

In this thread I will chronicle my favorite video games that I have played of all time. I will be posting at least fifty, it may be more than that though. This list will be like SCs movie list in that their will be no specific order to this countdown, but each entry is one near and dear to my heart as a video game fan. Though I really don't play a lot of games these days, it always great to reminisce about the good old days.

1. Tecmo Super Bowl
2. Pitfall 3D
3. Wave Race
4. Hot Shots Golf 2
5. Oregon Trail
6. Heavy Rain
7. Guitar Hero
8. Captain Skyhawk
9. Halo
10. Donkey Kong Gameboy
11. Theme Park Roller Coaster
12. Crash Bandicoot 2
13. Kid Icarus
14. Mario Tennis
15. Kangaroo
16. Warioland: Super Mario Land 3
17. Killzone
18. 007: Agent Under Fire
19. Ms. Pacman
20. Marvel vs. Capcom
21. Jet Moto
22. Pokemon Yellow Version
23. Little League Baseball
24. Rc Pro Am
25. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
26. Super Mario Brothers
27. Vigilante 8
28. Mega Man 5
29. Bubble Bobble
30. Tetris
31. Rocket Knight Adventures
32. Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening
33. Mario Kart 64
34. Chip and Dale
35. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
36. Warcraft 2
37. Warioland

1. Tecmo Super Bowl

Ok, I clearly lied about there being no true order to this count down to a degree, because this is by far and away the number one game that I have ever played in my lifetime with a lot of history attached to it. I used to play this with my friends all the time and we would go through countless full seasons on here, playing literally every game on the schedule. The two of us both had 6 core teams that we used all the time. We kept the 49ers and Chiefs as two neutral teams that we neither could 100% claim. My teams were the Bills, Giants, Oilers, Broncos, Saints, and Packers. His teams were the Raiders, Jets, Bears, Eagles, Rams, and Colts.

So many memorable moments with this one, but my favorite was the year that I took the Giants to the Super Bowl in it, where I beat his Raiders 13-10. And much surprisingly, my only touchdown came on the defense, which was a true rarity in this game.

We became true stat freaks with this game, trying to get certain players,to be among the league leaders in certain categories. It certainly was competitive. The game has many other fun elements, from throwing with Warren Moon, to running all over the field with Bo Jackson to running over people with Christian Okoye. There will never be a sport game that will ever come close to paralleling this one. My favorite players is a list that could go on forever but would certainly include Warren Moon. Lawrence Taylor, QB Bills, Ozzie Newsome, Marv Cook, Christian Okoye, Art Monk, David Meggett, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Derrick Thomas, Ray Agnew, and Pepper Johnson.

Nearby in my state there is a yearly Tecmo Super Bowl tournament that I really need to compete in one of these years. I think I would be pretty tough to beat with the Bills or the Giants.

Overall, a game that has shaped my life as a gamer. A true legendary classic.

Bo sweep right. I loved Tecmo Super Bowl. If I am not mistaken it was the first game that used the player's names, which was huge for me back then. You didn't put the year, but I had to be 11 or 12 when this came out. Super fun, but truth be told, doesn't hold a candle to the Madden franchise for me.

Good idea for a thread Raul, i do hope that Lightning on the poster was a mistake though because i really disliked FF13 . Never played Tecmo Super Bowl or any other NFL game, but i just watched a video on YT and thought it looked like alot of fun if you were familiar with the sport of course.

2. Pitfall 3D

I am talking about the Pitfall version from the original version of Playstation. I remember getting really angry with this game a lot people it was at first impossible for me to figure out. It all started with a demo disc that had a sample of this game on it. I became hooked with that and bought this game as well and the rest is history. I only truly remember conquering it once, and I remember it was very difficult back in the day, but I am truly a fan of the type of video game that has a man swinging on a rope and going on an adventure. Plus, it used to give me a good laugh with some of the things that the main character said. Actually, Bruce Campbell provided the voice for the main character in this one (Hope you see this, Miss Vicky).

I remember Pitfall from the Atari 2600. Does that count for anything?
I remember that as well. Don't worry, I'm fairly certain we will have some appearances from the Atari console yet.

I remember that as well. Don't worry, I'm fairly certain we will have some appearances from the Atari console yet.
I'm old. Once you get past the Genesis I will be lost.

Actually looking upon the list that I have, it looks like every console except one will be a part of this countdown. Well, the major ones anyways.

I'm old. Once you get past the Genesis I will be lost.
I know the feeling. With a few exceptions I've been playing the same game for 15 years now. And, being an 80's Brit, all my computer game memories are completely different to the console stuff.

I know the feeling. With a few exceptions I've been playing the same game for 15 years now. And, being an 80's Brit, all my computer game memories are completely different to the console stuff.
Honestly if it wasn't for my kids I don't think I would have a console anymore. I enjoy playing sports games with them. Plus they like the Leggo games which are easy for me to play with them. When they get into FPS, I am done for.

[b]Plus, it used to give me a good laugh with some of the things that the main character said. Actually, Bruce Campbell provided the voice for the main character in this one (Hope you see this, Miss Vicky).
I'm not a gamer at all (the only console I own is a Wii and it mostly gets used for streaming movies), but that sounds pretty cool!

Cool idea for a thread.

I played Tecmo Super Bowl as a kid, but I was too young to be any good at it (which is a trend with pretty much all NES games). My brother beat me up at one point for erasing his season.

Never played Pitfall 3D.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Local rule #1 of Tecmo Bowl: nobody can be the Raaaiiidaaaas

Good idea for a thread. I don't know if it was me or being that young, but Nintendo games were more difficult than anything else I have ever played. When the Genesis and Super came out with continues and difficulty settings... In this day of internet, few will realize that your only hope for a tuff game used to be a Nintendo Power or EGM.

3. Wave Race 64

I've always thought that racing games were among the most exciting and competitive video games around. This one was just plain fun. I remember going over to a friends house and we played this for hours on end. The gameplay itself was fairly simple and of course the graphics weren't anything earth shattering at all, but the courses themselves were quite fun.

The Nintendo 64 is my favorite console, so many of my favorite games are from that generation, but I don't think I ever played Wave Rave 64.

I hope Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye show up at some point.