The Degrees of Seperation

Tools    

Originally Posted by samq79
Thomas Hayden Church and Richard Attenborough
Thomas Haden Chruch was in Tombstone with Charlton Heston
Chuck Heston was in Hamlet (1996) with Dickie Attenborough

Charles Laughton to John Goodman
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Everett
nah, i think he was just being an ******* like that other moron
No, I was just being sarcastic, and I didn't get personal in my post, at all. But, since you have decided to go there, I will be glad to accomodate you.

On a web forum, which is a great way to hide behind a computer screen and not actually be accountable for your actions, it's easy to just start calling people names, throwing out insults left and right, with no fear of retribution. But, at the end of a day, you achieve nothing, proove nothing, and gain absolutely nothing, while just basically causing a very minor annoyance to some folks in an established web community. Why bother?

As for me living in a cave, that statement just clearly shows that you are young, with a lot to learn. I didn't know what Gilmore Girls was because I don't watch much TV, it's as simple as that. I guess I just find other things to do with my time that I find to be a better use for it, like working on my education, writing music, writing my screenplay, working on my career, or studying films to learn about filmmaking. To each his own. I just don't have a lot of spare time to watch all sorts of random shows. Actually, I don't know **** about Gilmore Girls, and probably shouldn't have commented on the show, without actually gaining a referent first.

But, you just go on thinking I am a moron, just stay an inch or two out of kicking distance.

Yeah...I'm not going to get personal, after all, I don't know you from Adam, and it's just not worth it....

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Charles Laughton to John Goodman
Laughton was in Spartacus, which starred Kirk Douglas, who was also in The Fury, which was directed by DePalma, Who also directed Scarface, which starred Michelle Phiffer, who also starred in The Age of innocence, which was directed my Marty Scorsese, who also directed Bringing out the Dead, in which John Goodman appeared.

I am sure there is a shorter link, but I couldn't find it...

Next up:

Roy Schieder to Maggie Smith

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Sedai
I did.

Charles Laughton--> Spartacus--> Kirk Douglas--> Eddie Macon's Run--> John Goodman

Next up:

Roy Scheider--> Jaws--> Robert Shaw--> The Sting--> Paul Newman--> The Color of Money--> Tom Cruise--> The Firm--> Gene Hackman--> Crimson Tide--> Ryan Phillippe--> Gosford Park--> Maggie Smith.

James Dean to Earl Hofert

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

No, I was just being sarcastic, and I didn't get personal in my post, at all. But, since you have decided to go there, I will be glad to accomodate you.

On a web forum, which is a great way to hide behind a computer screen and not actually be accountable for your actions, it's easy to just start calling people names, throwing out insults left and right, with no fear of retribution. But, at the end of a day, you achieve nothing, proove nothing, and gain absolutely nothing, while just basically causing a very minor annoyance to some folks in an established web community. Why bother?

As for me living in a cave, that statement just clearly shows that you are young, with a lot to learn. I didn't know what Gilmore Girls was because I don't watch much TV, it's as simple as that. I guess I just find other things to do with my time that I find to be a better use for it, like working on my education, writing music, writing my screenplay, working on my career, or studying films to learn about filmmaking. To each his own. I just don't have a lot of spare time to watch all sorts of random shows. Actually, I don't know **** about Gilmore Girls, and probably shouldn't have commented on the show, without actually gaining a referent first.

But, you just go on thinking I am a moron, just stay an inch or two out of kicking distance.

Yeah...I'm not going to get personal, after all, I don't know you from Adam, and it's just not worth it....

Laughton was in Spartacus, which starred Kirk Douglas, who was also in The Fury, which was directed by DePalma, Who also directed Scarface, which starred Michelle Phiffer, who also starred in The Age of innocence, which was directed my Marty Scorsese, who also directed Bringing out the Dead, in which John Goodman appeared.

Next up:

i dont even watch Gilmore Girls
I just got this game from an OC myspace group and I decided to play it over here and just go ahead and the use the example they used, hoping that no one will be so annoying to complain about it for no reason.

jeez, it was just an example of the game, not the actual thing.

but if you even know what it is but still complain anyway, then you're (this is exactly to you sedai but to any user) just trying to start a fight for no absolute reason. Just go along with it, especially if it was just a borrowed example.

jeez

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Roy Scheider--> Jaws--> Robert Shaw--> The Sting--> Paul Newman--> The Color of Money--> Tom Cruise--> The Firm--> Gene Hackman--> Crimson Tide--> Ryan Phillippe--> Gosford Park--> Maggie Smith.
Or much more simply...
Roy Scheider was in Klute with Jane Fonda
Jane and Maggie Smith are both in California Suite

James Dean to Earl Hofert
Jimmy Dean was in Rebel without a Cause with Dennis Hopper
Hopper was in Cool Hand Luke with James Gammon
James Gammon was in Cabin Boy with David Letterman (a.k.a. Earl Hofert)

Dustin Hoffman to Dustin Diamond

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Jimmy Dean was in Rebel without a Cause with Dennis Hopper
Hopper was in Cool Hand Luke with James Gammon
James Gammon was in Cabin Boy with David Letterman (a.k.a. Earl Hofert)
or
James Dean > Rebel Without a Cause > Natalie Wood > West Side Story > Russ Tamblyn > Cabin Boy > Earl Hofert

Dustin Hoffman to Dustin Diamond
Dustin Hoffman was in Meet the Fockers with Babs Streisand, who starred in A Star is Born with Kris Kristofferson, who was in Big Top PeeWee with Dustin Diamond.

Molly Ringwald to Peter Cushing

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Molly Ringwald to Peter Cushing
Molly Ringwald was in Godard's King Lear with Burgess Meredith
Meredith and Peter Cushing are in Torture Garden

John Cassavetes to Adam Sandler

Man of La Movies
John Cassavetes was in Who's Life is it anyway? with Bob Balaban, who was in Capote with Philip Seymour Hoffman, who was in Punch-Drunk Love with Adam Sandler

Adam West and Bernadette Peters

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

My Reputation: Holy Crap, I'm Well thought of!!!?? I think we're going a little far here??

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Everett
you just named two unknown foreign (is that redundant?)actors so people will just give up and not answer anymore
foreign? you mean from Mars? have you seen NOT the ****** all people here were born with a damned f.ucking lifelong greencard or citizenship? you think it was a sorta screwy American private club or what the helluva ****** here? (hehe, gives me an occasion to use one of my fave words!)
so if you ever go to watch a movie not from the US, i take it you go to a "foreign" movie, whatever stupidness that means? no, there are French movies, which is not the same like German ones etc etc etc, and then there are Goddard movies which are not the same at all as Beineix movies which you cannot compare to Besson, etc... the concept of "foreign" is just limiting bullsh!t for narrow-minded people who don't know what movies are.
but, even if you wanted your game to be limited to American directors, writers, actors... (what about American actors in a Swedish movie??), you should 've defined the rules to be such at the beginning.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Watch it, bub.
yep, she's right Sedai, tis a great TV show!

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, I posted later that I hadn't ever seen it, and shouldn't have been commenting on it. What's the premise of the show?

history *is* moralizing
well, maybe i should count it under the guilty love things? but they're just sweet, you know that traitor girl in Sin City? she comes from/was made famous in this show, Alexis Bledel. the mother you'll know from Bad Santa, where she ends up with B.B. Thornton.

and the guy is real good too, don't remember his name right now...

tis mostly all about the dialogs, thar are oh-so much wittier than in all other shows i've seen.
maybe it wouldn't be to your taste, but it really deserves respect for its originality, very good acting, etc... and...

... and the rest is a question of falling in love with the characters i guess. (difficult though to start watching it now since so much has happened since the first season, and this is justly that which happened that makes us love the characters...)
it's the cutest show, i'd call it that. and smart too.

history *is* moralizing
to answer to yr qst,
tis a young mother with her daughter living in a small town. their best friends owns a café, and there's some hidden feelings between him and that young attractive mother. then you have the daughter's problems and love stories, the rich and severe parents, their stories too, the town's dumb, but nice, guy, etc etc...
telling you all this doens't make it attractive i know. but once you getta love 'em, you can't stop. and i pardon myself this weakness, since it's all so intelligent and cute and funny-witty.
plus i love Alexis...

http://www2.warnerbros.com/gilmoregirls/

Adam West and Bernadette Peters
Adam West is in The Young Philadelphians with Paul Newman
Paul Newman is in Silent Movie with Bernadette Peters

Joseph Cotten to Viggo Mortensen

Man of La Movies
Joseph Cotten was in Soylent Green with Charlton Heston, who was the narrator for Armageddon, starring Liv Tyler. Tyler starred in LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring with Viggo Mortenson

Jason Isaacs and Ethan Hawke

Jason Isaacs and Ethan Hawke
Jason Isaacs is in Event Horizon with Laurence Fishburn
Fishburn and Ethan Hawke co-star in Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)

Jeff Goldblum to Toshirô Mifune
(there are at least two single-actor link solutions)

Interesting thread but i haven't been able to get one

Man of La Movies
Jeff Goldblum to Toshirô Mifune
(there are at least two single-actor link solutions)
Jeff Goldblum was in Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland, who was in Shadow of the Wolf with Toshiro Mifune

Amanda Bynes and Laurence Olivier

Amanda Bynes and Laurence Olivier
Amanda Bynes and James Earl Jones both lent their voices to Robots
Jones and Larry Olivier appear in "Jesus of Nazareth"

Jeanne Moreau to Angelina Jolie