SONG TOURNAMENT XXX

Tools    

James Brown - The Boss VS. Outer Limits Recordings -Julie

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart VS. Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire (Best band I've ever seen live along Rammstein)

Air Supply - All Out Of Love VS. Horslips - Trouble with a Capital T

Plastic Ono Band - Give Peace a Chance VS. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead

Rammstein - Du Hast VS. Beck - I've got the feeling (cover) (Speaking of Rammstein, I love them it's a good song but not the best)

Flume - Never Be Like You (ft. Kai) VS. Alice in Chains - Check My Brain

Lights - Portal VS. Anet - Tortured

Trouble - The Wolf VS. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Porcupine Tree - Trains VS. Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know

T.Rex - Get It On VS. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Rainy Day Mushroom Pillows

Beach Boys - I Get Around VS. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations (I Get Around AGAIN ?! it has to be the most nominated song ever)

Oasis - Live Forever VS. EPMD - Boon Dox

Caravan - in the land of grey and pink VS. John Waite - Missing You

Carseat Headrest - Drugs With Friends VS. Billy Talent - Turn Your Back (If you know me you know I love Billy Talent and it's a great tune)

Ace Of Spades - Motorhead VS. Sacre Bleu - Broken Promises

My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow VS. Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness

ROUND 1 DAY 4

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart VS. Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire
I love practically every song Steinman wrote for Bonnie Tyler, and Bonnie's voice too.

Rammstein - Du Hast VS. Beck - I've got the feeling (cover)
A good Rammstein song. Lindemann has one of the greatest voices ever.

Trouble is one of the two great classic US based doom metal bands.

Beach Boys - I Get Around VS. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations

Carseat Headrest - Drugs With Friends VS. Billy Talent - Turn Your Back

I voted this album in Album Countdown for a reason.

Waiting on @honeykid and @Sexy Celebrity to vote on DAY 3

DAY 4 coming up tonight...
I might be able to get this done this afternoon. If not, miss me out this round and I'll move onto day 4.

OK, I'm doing this now. I'll post here.

ROUND 1 DAY 3

Mescalito - Botnik VS. INXS - Devil Inside - An easy win.

The Divine Comedy - If... VS. Metallica - The Unforgiven - An even easier win. I really don't and never have, liked The Divine Comedy. I spent the 90's being told how good this collection of 'clever' crap was.

The B-52's - Private Idaho VS. Napalm Death - You Suffer - Really? Though I do with all the songs I didn't like were 3 seconds long. Against a good few of the songs I've had to listen to, that would've won.

Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party) VS. Oomph! - Träumst Du - The second is ok, I suppose. But it ain't no classic. Unlike the first.

The Chordettes - Mr Sandman VS. Pimentola - Death Is a Secret - Took me about 90 seconds to realise this was actually all the second one was. I like most incarnations of Mr. Sandman, so an easy win here. Not that I hated the second, I just much prefer the first. Had it been a Halloween themed song tournament, it might do well.

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb VS. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive - One of my favourite disco classics against a band I just can't get into? Yep, I know it's going to lose overall but it'll get my vote.

The Police - Spirits in the Material World VS. Finger Eleven - Paralyzer - Can't really say I care for either. The second is more my mood atm.

Barry Adamson - The Vibes Ain't Nothin' But the Vibes VS. Blind Faith-Can't Find My Way Home - Not heard the first before but really liked it. The second just connects with me in a way I love but don't really understand. Had to toss a coin to pick one.

Townes Van Zandt - Rake VS. Radiohead - All I Need - Not a fan of either, but the first has the advantage of not being Radiohead. That said, there are a couple of Radiohead songs I like, but that isn't either of them.

P-Model - Kameari Pop VS. Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard, Wooden Pipe - I probably prefer the second, but not enough to justify 9 minutes. The first is ok even if it does go on too long.

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors VS. Cibo Matto - Know Your Chicken - A little odd but I'm going with this. I like True Colours but today, it just didn't work it's magic.

Going for dinner now. Will return later.

Arch Enemy - The World is Yours VS. Ylvis - The Cabin - It's a shame the lyrics aren't anywhere near as wonderful as the music. Still, I'm a sucker for that kind of mood so I just kind of listened to the music and the words became background. I'm sure it's supposed to be funny but, naturally, it isn't.

Supertramp - School VS. Yö - Päivänsäde ja menninkäinen - Hello shorter song which didn't bore me.

The Beatles - Twist and Shout VS. Mason vs. Princess Superstar - Perfect Exeeder - I've nominated this a few times. I never does well (rarely past the first round) but I don't care. I love it.

Pop Will Eat Itself - Def Con One VS. The Doors - When The Music's Over - It's the greatest band of all time against some 80's indie toot. OK, so it's not too bad and there's certainly been worse in this round. But it's up against my all time favourite band, so it's definitely losing.

Alanis Morissette - Thank U VS. Kinoko Teikoku - Ashikubi - As background music the second does ok. Maybe should've voted for the shorter song but chose not to.

A system of cells interlinked
James Brown - The Boss VS. Outer Limits Recordings -Julie No Contest

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart VS. Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire First song is is pure cheese, and the second is too cheery sounding for metal. Not a fan of either.

Air Supply - All Out Of Love VS. Horslips - Trouble with a Capital T Lesser of two evils here.

Plastic Ono Band - Give Peace a Chance VS. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead I have a knee-jerk reaction to the name Ono.

Rammstein - Du Hast VS. Beck - I've got the feeling (cover) Classic Rammstein track...

Flume - Never Be Like You (ft. Kai) VS. Alice in Chains - Check My Brain Not a great AIC tune, but I still like it a lot more than the first track.

Lights - Portal VS. Anet - Tortured Sweet little Lights. How I love her. This tune helped my family get through a really tough loss in our family. It will forever be etched in my mind in that capacity. Anet song was really good, too.

Trouble - The Wolf VS. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road I don't like many Elton John songs, but this is a great one.

Porcupine Tree - Trains VS. Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know I liked both songs. That Porcupine Tree song is amazing, though.

T.Rex - Get It On VS. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Rainy Day Mushroom Pillows A little trip back in time here. Both are fine songs, but I went with the T. Rex classic.

Beach Boys - I Get Around VS. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations Had to go with The Beach Boys

Oasis - Live Forever VS. EPMD - Boondox Good rap skills, but the rest of the track was annoying. Went with Oasis...

Caravan - in the land of grey and pink VS. John Waite - Missing You Second tune just edged out Caravan. Both are good.

Carseat Headrest - Drugs With Friends VS. Billy Talent - Turn Your Back Not a big fan of the first. Second was pretty damned good.

Motorhead - Ace of Spades VS. Sacre Bleu - Broken Promises It's Ace of Spades man! No contest.

My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow VS. Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness Hey, I really liked the MBV tune! Gonna check out the rest of that record soon. Had to go with the awesome Iron Maiden song, though.

Oasis - Live Forever VS. Ylvis - The Cabin <---- This Ylvis song was in DAY 3!!
@Sedai Not sure how you still saw Ylvis. It was an error when I posted that match last night and immediately fixed it.

Go back to the original post and see the new match.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A system of cells interlinked
@Sedai Not sure how you still say Ylvis. It was an error when I posted that match last night and immediately fixed it.

Go back to the original post and see the new match.
Fixed! I'm a jack-ass. I copied Justin's list, then modified it with my picks. He still has the error. Just me being lazy!

Fixed! I'm a jack-ass. I copied Justin's list, then modified it with my picks. He still has the error. Just me being lazy!
That's ok

In that case, @jiraffejustin fix that match, too!

ROUND 1 DAY 4

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart VS. Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire

Beach Boys - I Get Around VS. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations-Way overnominated but then the other isn't very original either.

Let the night air cool you off
That's ok

In that case, @jiraffejustin fix that match, too!
I'm having a busy day, so if you need to go ahead without me, it's cool. I'll be back to break any ties if necessary.

LOVE THIS SONG!

Really? All this time it was ‘Give Peace a Chance?”. I always thought it was ‘We are the something’

The vocals of this one kinda sound like a parody

Really don’t like the sound of the other one.

Love ‘Get it On’ but I’m really liking this one.

Kinda funny since there’s also a ‘Good Vibrations’ song by the Beach Boys

I’ll elaborate in a later post why I nominated Broken Promises

I nominated 'Sacre Bleu-Broken Promises' because my best friends' uncle was the creator of the band. I thought it would be cool to nominate the song to get more people familiar with them.

I nominated 'Sacre Bleu-Broken Promises' because my best friends' uncle was the creator of the band. I thought it would be cool to nominate the song to get more people familiar with them.
I didn't know who nominated it but I was wondering if whoever did had some connection. I don't think I voted for it but I thought it was pretty good.

ROUND 1 DAY 4

James Brown is more my groove right now.

Holy ****balls, this song doesn't **** around. Full on feels.

I like Air Supply sometimes. But I can't do too many sad songs tonight. Need something Irish. I have such a story with this song. When I was a kid, my dad was in the habit of taping records from his friends and not labelling them correctly. I think he just gave up on the English language at some point, things like "night would come out "nigth". He also puts h's where there are none, and leaves them out when they're required, invents entire words because he's just dropping the o... So he labelled this album, "The Celtic Band", which of course, I spent years looking for, and realise they didn't exist. So forward a long time, and I'm on one of my Ireland trips and a bus driver starts playing music. This song came up and I had to ask him what it was. He didn't know, but he told me the name of the compilation album he was playing. Googled it first chance I got. FINALLY, THE NAME OF THIS DAMN THING. Found it in a second hand record shop first thing when I got back. YAAAAASSSS!!!!

Give peace a chance.

****ing dig Rammstein every now and then. CHOON!!! While I like some Beck, this one wasn't a good one for me.

It was hard for me to listen to that AIC album when it came out because I missed Layne Staley. Recently went back to it, and it's actually good in its own right.

I really can't listen to anything sad right now. Wow, I really liked the second, it's new to me. The first is also pretty but I can't handle anything sad right now or I'll break.

An no, the first started out so well...and then the vocals kicked in.

Another getoutamyhead situation.

Love that T-Rex song. Kid of makes me feel a bit badass for some reason, every time I hear it. I don't really need help in that department. I'm kind of badass... in a facepalmy way.

* Had to use this alternative link for Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch
Not a fan of the second.

I've been in a rap & hip hop mood for the past couple of months.

* Had to use this alternate link for John Waite
The first is an old fav of mine... and OMG the second makes me want to cry. I do like that song, though.

Never heard either before. I liked the second a little more than the first.

can't decide yet.

Prepare to be surprised....I hate Iron Maiden. But I do like My Bloody Valentine...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
James Brown - The Boss

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Air Supply - All Out Of Love

Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead

Rammstein - Du Hast

Alice in Chains - Check My Brain

Lights - Portal

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know

Strawberry Alarm Clock - Rainy Day Mushroom Pillows

Beach Boys - I Get Around

Oasis - Live Forever

John Waite - Missing You

Carseat Headrest - Drugs With Friends

Ace Of Spades - Motorhead

Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness

ROUND 1 DAY 4

James Brown - The Boss VS. Outer Limits Recordings -Julie - It's my song and it's my get the **** outta my way song. If I ever need a little bit more confidence, that's my go to song.

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart VS. Bullet For My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire - Love this song and have nominated it myself once or twice.

Air Supply - All Out Of Love
VS. Horslips - Trouble with a Capital T - If the second was just singing and guitar, I might've been able to enjoy it. An easy win.

Plastic Ono Band - Give Peace a Chance VS. Our Lady Peace - Superman's Dead - And that's all I'm saying.

Rammstein - Du Hast VS. Beck - I've got the feeling (cover) - I had a feeling, too. Which is why I'm voting the way I am.

Flume - Never Be Like You (ft. Kai) VS. Alice in Chains - Check My Brain - Don't really think much of either. Rock wins.

Lights - Portal VS. Anet - Tortured - Just because I can't really remember the other one already.

Trouble - The Wolf VS. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - I liked the first, I'd not been aware of it before, so thanks for nominating it. One of Elton's popular songs which I just can't get alongside.

Porcupine Tree - Trains VS. Erykah Badu - Didn't Cha Know - Liked both, but the vibe of the second wins it for me.

T.Rex - Get It On VS. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Rainy Day Mushroom Pillows - I liked the second, but it's up against a monster for me.

Beach Boys - I Get Around VS. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations - I actually like the second and am more than happy to sing along to it. But let's get serious here.

Oasis - Live Forever VS. EPMD - Boon Dox - Live Forever is a good song, I'm just kind of tired with pretty much anything Oasis atm.

Caravan - in the land of grey and pink VS. John Waite - Missing You - It was close, but I've gone for the more familiar.

Carseat Headrest - Drugs With Friends VS. Billy Talent - Turn Your Back - Don't care for either of these but the more mellow sound of the first meant it took longer to annoy me.

Ace Of Spades - Motorhead
VS. Sacre Bleu - Broken Promises -

My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow VS. Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness - Not a big fan of the Maiden of this period, but I love this song.

Weird is relative.
My weekend just started, so hopefully the next round will be up soon...