Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

@Swan is 1984 a first-time reading for you?
Yeah. I have a lot to catch up on in the book-world.

Let the night air cool you off
Yeah. I have a lot to catch up on in the book-world.
As we all do. I was just curious, because that's a BIG one. Have you read Brave New World? I get excited when I hear somebody say they are reading one of these for the first time.

A system of cells interlinked
Pandora's Star

Peter F. Hamilton

Started a bit slow, but man, what a book. Well-developed characters and excellent galaxy-building, along with some imaginative concepts and a seriously bad-ass antagonist. By the time I reached the end (this morning!) I was over the moon for this one.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Briefly, what is it about? I’m intrigued now.
An American Crime and The Girl Next Door are based on this book. Two hard to watch films.

Suspect's Reviews

As we all do. I was just curious, because that's a BIG one. Have you read Brave New World? I get excited when I hear somebody say they are reading one of these for the first time.
Nope! I definitely have that one on my reading list though.

Excellent book. Enjoyed everything this woman has written so far.

Master of My Domain

A collection of hilarious, candid, and most of all practical anecdotes about what a writer goes through. Lamott is person who isn't to point out flaws in your writing, while willing to offer encouragement on the way. It's a must-read for anyone interested writing as a hobby,

Even though I started Ellroy's "LA Quartet" out of order, jumping from White Jazz to The Big Nowhere wasn't that big of a stretch. While White Jazz is still my favorite, man, The Big Nowhere was good stuff - I'm kind of pissed at the LA Confidential (1997) movie for sort of ruining the character of Buzz Meeks. Though I've found out that I've been accepted into graduate school since my last post, I've already started the novel LA Confidential and three chapters in it is already vastly different than the movie. Hopefully I can finish it before I start school, I'd hate to put this on the back burner.

Got halfway through this & then got tired of it. Well-written though.
Haven't read it but I liked the film a lot. It was interesting to see Julia Ormond playing such a relatively unlikeable character.

You definitely have the most obscure posts on the forum. Sometimes I haven’t the faintest idea what you’re talking about.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
You definitely have the most obscure posts on the forum. Sometimes I haven’t the faintest idea what you’re talking about.

Ha. Forgot about this. I was a bit buzzed and meant that for the Rate Your Last Drink Thread. This thread was top of the list and I assumed it was the right one.

huh. I guess I screwed that up too in that I didn't even rate it =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I read this book about for my book club. It's about a little girl whose father takes her away to live in the middle of nowhere, tells her the end of the world happened and everyone else is dead.

The writing itself is good, but the plot... Cliched, predictable and sometimes stupid. I would rate it 6/10