Favourite Film Title Sequences?

Tools    

Believe it or not, the first movie that popped into my head when I saw the title of this thread was It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.
haha Even I liked the title It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world. nice!!

Just started The World Is Not Enough, and I don't dislike the song as much as SeeingisBelieving but that has got to be the worst Bond title sequence montage ever..

Just started The World Is Not Enough, and I don't dislike the song as much as SeeingisBelieving but that has got to be the worst Bond title sequence montage ever..
I can't remember – is Shirley Manson in the titles? That would definitely improve them .

No she's not, it looks like Windows 96 screensaver..
Shame. I think the song I hate the most is Writing's on the Wall. I just find Sam Smith's voice really insipid.

What a great topic! Movie title sequences have pretty much fallen out of favor, with most credits coming at the film's end nowadays. They're still used to some degree in TV series.

Saul Blass has been mentioned from Vertigo and Psycho, but my favorite is the opening title sequence from North by Northwest, where he premiered the use of kinetic typography. Who can forget the titles appearing on the skyscrapers in the same style as the architecture, along with Bernard Herrmann's pounding music score? It built to such a crescendo that the audience couldn't wait to see how it was going to play out.

I too am a fan of The Pink Panther animated title sequence by Friz Freleng, who had worked for Disney, Warner Bros., and MGM. Animated titles were common in 1960s productions, and provided fresh comedy for the viewers.

~Doc

I forgot the opening line.
I was just thinking about this. The credits for The Big Lebowski are unbeatable, thanks to Dylan :

And the opening for Temple of Doom has always grabbed me. Fantastic number :

This would make a great 'Top 50' thread. I might do that one day.

They're simple, effective and I love how they put you in just the right mindset to enjoy the movie. The music isn't bad, either.

They're simple, elegant and I love how they put you in just the right mindset to enjoy the movie. The music isn't bad, either.

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Dance of the vampire / Fearless vampire killers, I love that little drop of blood, falling from the MGM vampire to that moon shot.

The Good the Bad and The Ugly is a classic. So many italian westerns attempted to recapture its feel without directly copying it.

Maurice Binder's work on James Bond is always terrific. The most iconic being probably Froebe's reflection of golden models.

I loved the massive, short, basic, but powerful Untouchables title.

Also :