MoFo Therapy

Tools    

I'll slip a quick one in here if I can.

I've worked at a place for the better part of a year and am jealous because they hired a much slower, later starting temp as a perm employee and are making me go thru probation for another month, grouping me with temps who started a month ago. I've worked tirelessly, even running production in the morning as an unofficial supervisor, and have always trained new employees. There was one time where I stood up the my supervisor for bullying, but since then we've become close and working together like a very well oiled machine. I am jealous of my co worker who got full perm hired. He made it. I have been noticing tension from him, like, he's been passive agressive towards me for a few months. Joking, but kind of prickly, too. When I heard the news, I clocked out. Now on monday I have to go to the new bldg at corporate, to start my 2nd phase with the parent company. I feel like everyone knows I am pissed since I've been getting jerked off for almost a year now and have voiced my displeasure numberous times about to co-workers (not management). Wonder if it leaked to head office, because considering how hard I work, and how polite I am, something stinks. Guess I have a big mouth. Guess I should have tucked my shirt in when I was sweating out 30 lbs of water weight this Summer. Guess I need to learn how to kiss major ass.

@Joel

I would be mad, too. Have you done anything that possibly pissed off somebody there? You did say you called out your supervisor on bullying.

Not every job is going to be perfect, or even all that good. As long as you stay true to yourself and do a good job, you’ll feel worthy inside. Maybe this isn’t the right job for you? Maybe there are people there who don’t really like you. But if this IS the right job for you, you’ve got to stand your ground. You may even need to be assertive again, like you did with your supervisor, and say something about how wronged you feel. Don’t sit back and take it. Go after what you want. No matter what it is. I wish I had more to say about this. Is there anything else on your mind?

Been going through a lot. I suppose it's obvious. 'nuff sed.
You keep taking your avatars off and on. Is there a reason behind that? And two sentences isn’t really a lot to be said, but if you’d rather not say more, that’s okay. I’m here if you need me, anyway.

You keep taking your avatars off and on. Is there a reason behind that? And two sentences isn’t really a lot to be said, but if you’d rather not say more, that’s okay. I’m here if you need me, anyway.
Yes, I tend to pull them in moments of intense pain. Literally, in the moment, without waiting for the pain to subside. By the time it starts to dull, I'm not near my computer to set everything right.

You're right, two sentences isn't a lot to be said, but I'm not sure sure I want to put it all up here just yet. A side of me is sure a couple of people might take great delight in watching a public post of my pain or bad fortune.

Thank you, though.

Are you taking off your avatar because you feel like leaving the forum? That’s what I do.

Sometimes, yeah. It's when I feel worthless, useless and then I withdraw. Often I can catch myself fast enough so my faceless state doesn't last long. Today's is a bit nastier as I don't trust myself around trains, but I'm sure that hopeless feeling will pass.

Sometimes, yeah. It's when I feel worthless, useless and then I withdraw. Often I can catch myself fast enough so my faceless state doesn't last long. Today's is a bit nastier as I don't trust myself around trains, but I'm sure that hopeless feeling will pass.
Are you saying you want to jump in front of a train today?

I always got upset seeing you take off the avatar because I always thought it was all my fault for some reason. That's why you were starting to drive my dominatrix persona crazy.

Are you saying you want to jump in front of a train today?
Yes.

I always got upset seeing you take off the avatar because I always thought it was all my fault for some reason. That's why you were starting to drive my dominatrix persona crazy.
I'll stop doing that so nobody thinks it's their fault. Sorry to have driven you a bit crazy with the on-face, off-face.

I just quit my job.
I feel very relieved internally...
Good for you Captain. If you didn't like your job and it made you happier to quit, then that's a positive. Sorry if others give you grief over that decision. BUT...you can't find a job you really like, if you're stuck doing a job you hate! It'll all work out in the end.

Well, watch out on the train tracks. Nobody here wants to lose you.
I had my ipod on shuffle
It played Porcupine Tree's "Trains", and I laughed out loud.

It has a sense of humour.

I'll be alright.

Yes, I tend to pull them in moments of intense pain. Literally, in the moment, without waiting for the pain to subside. By the time it starts to dull, I'm not near my computer to set everything right.

You're right, two sentences isn't a lot to be said, but I'm not sure sure I want to put it all up here just yet. A side of me is sure a couple of people might take great delight in watching a public post of my pain or bad fortune.

Thank you, though.
You should bear all, cat. It's very freeing (I can tell you)!
The neat thing about an Internet discussion board is no one knows who you really are. That's why I have no problem in revealing my secrets, faults, neuroses and insecurities - in real life I'm a lot "nicer," but I'm also much more private about what I'll share with people.

For Sexy - dig the new Avatar. Have you seen the Morton Downey Jr. documentary "Evocateur"? I caught it last year.
Not that I didn't know his TV persona was a character he was playing, but some of the revelations about things he did in the later part of his career left me a bit disappointed.
Interesting story about an interesting person who met with a sad end.

For Sexy - dig the new Avatar. Have you seen the Morton Downey Jr. documentary "Evocateur"? I caught it last year.
Not that I didn't know his TV persona was a character he was playing, but some of the revelations about things he did in the later part of his career left me a bit disappointed.
Interesting story about an interesting person who met with a sad end.
I do know about it and I might watch it tonight, actually.

You should bear all, cat. It's very freeing (I can tell you)!
The neat thing about an Internet discussion board is no one knows who you really are. That's why I have no problem in revealing my secrets, faults, neuroses and insecurities - in real life I'm a lot "nicer," but I'm also much more private about what I'll share with people.
Maybe I will some day. Not today, though. I don't mind sharing my faults, but I don't really feel up to talking at the moment. I generally use music and chance to whip me back into some kind of shape.